SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portland leftist trash blocking traffic
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portland leftist trash blocking traffic Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Despite the illegal blocking of traffic and the assault, police said they didn’t want to intervene. The department told the Journal in a statement that it feared intervention would “change the demeanor of the crowd for the worse.”

Bull-Shit!

I had first hand experience in watching a crowd go out of control while the authorities just stood by without taking action.

These disturbances must be nipped in the bud.

Have you seen Portland's police chief?

Yes, in a prior posting here. I would like to know who in the hell appointed her?

She should be held accountable for any physical and monetary damages resulting from her directives.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
"The mayor said protesters should not have acted in the way they did."

He should not have robbed that liquor store. He should not have shot that guy. He should not have sold those drugs. Badness. I can tell the mayor is against badness. What a stand up guy.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Apparently, there is a Patriot's march in Portland tonight and Antifa showed up. I'm too tired to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BSczDy0rmI

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Pathetic seeing Law Enforcement standing there with their hands tied, by Administrators, Elected officials. Who is at fault? The citizens of that POS city! You get what you vote for so I have no pitty for the people living there!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not everybody in Portland is happy with Antifa..More at the link.

Bear spray, bloody brawls at Patriot Prayer 'law and order' march in Portland

https://www.oregonlive.com/por...flash_march_cal.html

Warning: This post contains graphic content

A demonstration billed as a march for "law and order" in the streets of Portland descended into chaos as rival political factions broke into bloody brawls downtown Saturday night.

Members of the right-wing group Patriot Prayer and their black-clad adversaries, known as antifa, used bear spray, bare fists and batons to thrash each other outside Kelly's Olympian, a popular bar on Southwest Washington Street.

The melee, which lasted more than a minute, ended when riot cops rushed in and fired pepper balls at the street fighters.

The Portland Police Bureau reported seeing protest and counter-protest participants outfitted with hard knuckle gloves, knives and firearms earlier in the evening. Police said they made no arrests Saturday night, but will continue to investigate.

The wild scene unfolded amid mounting tensions among both groups, fueled in part by a pair of national news stories.

A march in Portland against police brutality last week drew headlines after law enforcement's hands-off approach to the event was blamed for an encounter between protesters and an elderly driver, which outraged many, including Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson and his supporters.

On Friday, viral video surfaced showing members of the Proud Boys, a right-wing fraternal organization, beating two or three protesters in New York City after an event at the Republican Party headquarters. Police, however, arrested the protesters.

It was against this backdrop that Gibson, who counts a number of Proud Boys among his ranks, organized the so-called "Flash march for Law and Order in PDX" — ostensibly to protest Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler and his oversight of the city's police force.

Waving American flags and breaking into patriotic chants, Gibson and about three dozen people set off to a street memorial for Patrick Kimmons, a 27-year-old black man shot and killed by police, an incident that prompted last week's march.

As they arrived at the vigil on Southwest Fourth Avenue and Harvey Milk Street, they were met by a large group of counter-demonstrators chanting "Black Lives Matter."

The two sides exchanged taunts and threats as police stood by and warned against physical confrontation.

About 20 minutes later, the violence erupted.

Posts: 12673 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Cute picture of PPD chief if someone knows how to post photos. Four shiny stars, too.

http://kptv.images.worldnow.com/images/15067266_G.jpg

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Cute picture of PPD chief if someone knows how to post photos. Four shiny stars, too.

http://kptv.images.worldnow.com/images/15067266_G.jpg

Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Looks tough. I especially like the pink patches.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
The two sides exchanged taunts and threats as police stood by and warned against physical confrontation.

Approach, and repeat ultimatum in an even firmer tone of voice. Add the words, or else.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:

Hey... easy on the pink patches. I am wearing them this month on my uniform shirts.

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
quote:

Hey... easy on the pink patches. I am wearing them this month on my uniform shirts.

It's a lovely color. Goes with her lipstick. On you, mmmmm......

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
quote:

It's a lovely color. Goes with her lipstick. On you, mmmmm......

Ha! Nice....

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They need a real leader in Portland,not someone who equates a leftist take over of his downtown with the Goldilocks story."The police are either too hot or too cold"

How about enforcing the law equally asshole Mad Your downtown was shutdown by leftist anarchists harassing law abiding citizens.

Portland mayor stands by decision to allow Antifa to block traffic, hassle motorists

https://www.washingtontimes.co...ds-decision-allow-a/

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler came under fire over a viral video showing Antifa protesters blocking traffic and harassing drivers, but he says he supports the decision by police to watch from a distance without getting involved.

“I was appalled by what I saw in the video, but I support the Portland Police Bureau’s decision not to intervene,” he said at a Friday press conference. “This whole incident will be investigated.”

The video posted by journalist Andy C. Ngo showed protesters, including members of Antifa and Black Lives Matter, blocking an intersection and attempting to direct traffic at while officers on motorcycle watched from a block away.

At one point, the activists chased down 74-year-old Kent Houser after he made a right turn against their wishes, pounding on his silver Lexus and breaking a window. The car sustained thousands of dollars in damage, he told the Oregonian.

Even so, Mr. Wheeler insisted that “motorists should feel completely safe coming into downtown Portland.”

Demonstrators did not obtain a permit before holding the Oct. 6 march to protest the death of Patrick Kimmons, a 27-year-old black man who was shot and killed Sept. 30 by police. The shooting is under investigation.

The mayor has been accused of taking a kid-gloves approach to the protests that routinely roil the liberal enclave, such as the summer occupation of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement building, which saw Portland police refuse to assist unless federal officers were in physical danger.

“This is the kind of street anarchy that routinely happens where I live,” tweeted Mr. Ngo.

Rioting broke out Saturday night as Antifa activists brawled with protesters who turned out for a “flash march for law and order,” organized the right-tilting group Patriot Prayer.

Mr. Wheeler, who also holds the title of police commissioner, took a swipe at recent unflattering news coverage, such as a Fox News story headlined, “Mob rule? Leftist protesters take over Portland street.”

“I’m willing to take criticism all day long from Fox News,” he said. “But I’m not willing to accept criticism from Fox News of the men and women of the Portland Police Bureau.”

The mayor argued that law enforcement is in a no-win situation.

“This is the story of Goldilocks and the two bears. The porridge is either too hot or it’s too cold,” Mr. Wheeler told reporters. “At any given moment in this city, the police are criticized for being heavy-handed and intervening too quickly, or they’re being criticized for being standoffish and not intervening quickly enough.”

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
“This is the story of Goldilocks and the two bears..."

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
“This is the story of Goldilocks and the two bears..."

No, it makes sense. Baby Bear is living with a previous Portland Mayor.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10917 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
“This is the story of Goldilocks and the two bears. The porridge is either too hot or it’s too cold,” Mr. Wheeler told reporters. “At any given moment in this city, the police are criticized for being heavy-handed and intervening too quickly, or they’re being criticized for being standoffish and not intervening quickly enough.”

Typical quote from a politician more worried about re-election than supporting the police in keeping the city from descending into anarchy. But good job there Mr. Analogy.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Saw a video on Facebook of these idiots in front of an ICE office, blocking the entrance
They got roughed up pretty good
I’m all for it, but it’s funny that threatening and detaining common citizens doesn’t get the same response

Edited, found the video, can’t tell what agency that is

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elkabong, that was Portland, but I'm pretty sure Portland PD was NOT allowed to assist ICE police in getting rid of the trash blocking the ICE office. ICE had to call in their own police.

Note how they were not afraid to use the pepperball gun!

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Elkabong, that was Portland, but I'm pretty sure Portland PD was NOT allowed to assist ICE police in getting rid of the trash blocking the ICE office. ICE had to call in their own police.

Note how they were not afraid to use the pepperball gun!

I don't know about the female officer in the gray shirt-she may be a contract security officer. But the responding officers are Federal Protective Service officers. They are trained at FLETC and they are a no-nonsense outfit. They generally keep a low profile and a can of whoopass on the shelf. Their job is to protect the facilities and operations of federal property and they have the means to do it. As a point of interest, the FPS is one of the oldest federal law enforcement agencies.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post