SIGforum
Portland leftist trash blocking traffic

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7500001844

October 11, 2018, 05:07 PM
Mars_Attacks
Portland leftist trash blocking traffic
Don't think for a single second these police aren't giddy at the thought of going door to door and confiscating legal gun owners' property.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
October 11, 2018, 06:21 PM
parabellum
I don't believe that for a second. Just because they work for an agency with some screwed-up policies- that doesn't make them literal gun grabbers.
October 11, 2018, 06:26 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:...

KOIN 6 news reported that police didn’t intervene even through protesters were affecting traffic.

Portland Police Bureau spokesman Sgt. Chris Burley said that the police were taking into account the protesters’ First Amendment rights of free speech and free assembly, as well as the impact the protests had on the Portland community.

The driver later reported to the police that a total of $3,000 of damage was made to his car

The misuse of the first, in such bullshit as these terrorist demonstrations, is to what my post is referring.

"The Right of the Citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by horse drawn carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city can prohibit or permit at will, but a common Right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Not some Sovereign Citizenship bullshit, but the right as protected under the 5th and recognized by several of the Justices of the SCOTUS over the past 120+ years.

The Right to Free Speech by one does not mean the Demand to be heard by the free citizens, and the demand to be heard is covered under the articles of redress of grevenses.

The right to free assembly, does not, nor should not step on the right of free and lawful travel, nor creating a dangerous condition.

These demonstrations are tactics of intimidation, instigation of violence and destroy the peace.

Shit needs to be confronted and fought for by our representatives.

Because one day, someone will set fire to the tinder that has been gathered and heaped, and these twits have no idea of the "WHOOOOSH!!!" it will result in if they get what they think they want.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
October 11, 2018, 06:27 PM
Voshterkoff
I wouldn't go that far either, but officers on this very forum have moved from a toxic leftist controlled department to greener pastures. If all the good cops leave, what is left?
October 11, 2018, 06:28 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:

For what it's worth: that kit is just $20 at Rock Auto.

God bless America.
October 13, 2018, 07:42 AM
wcb6092
MadPolice Admit They Stood By

The incident came after footage showed protesters forcing drivers to turn right as a group of them blocked traffic at an intersection. When one man driving a car with North Carolina plates stopped at the intersection, several of the group approached him and one started yelling: “You are a little white supremacist. Go back to North Carolina where you came from.”

The driver called the police and asked for assistance but nobody came.

Despite the illegal blocking of traffic and the assault, police said they didn’t want to intervene. The department told the Journal in a statement that it feared intervention would “change the demeanor of the crowd for the worse.”

Video footage shot by videojournalist Brandon Farley showed officers in the area watching protesters block traffic but not intervening.

Portland Police Bureau spokesman Sgt. Chris Burley added to KATU that what happened was a good example of why demonstrators should have permits, so officers can keep them and drivers separated.

“Recognize that it can be dangerous not only for marchers in a group, but also for drivers as well,” he said, adding that an investigation has been opened into the incident with Houser based on Houser’s 911 call.

From NTD.tv

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...ted-man_2688087.html

October 13, 2018, 08:44 AM
radioman
^^^ Must be nice to have a job that you don't have to do and still get paid.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
October 13, 2018, 09:30 AM
Rightwire
quote:
Despite the illegal blocking of traffic and the assault, police said they didn’t want to intervene. The department told the Journal in a statement that it feared intervention would “change the demeanor of the crowd for the worse.”

Worse than some pissed off guy getting out of his vehicle after it was kicked/hit/damaged and starting a full scale riot?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
October 13, 2018, 09:41 AM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Worse than some pissed off guy getting out of his vehicle after it was kicked/hit/damaged and starting a full scale riot?
Yes, it's a shame the city doesn't have some department with the authority and ability to restore order. They should look into that. They could implement some kind of law enforcement agency.

Too expensive, I guess. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
October 13, 2018, 10:13 AM
radioman
The jack-ass mayor claims that the video clip doesn't really show what happened, and that they actually did have the situation under control and that everyone should feel safe driving through the city. And had direct action by the police occurred, then the situation would have gotten out of control. Eek Kinda seems like it was out of control from the video.

You see, we're all just too stupid to know how the police were actually keeping the peace, albeit behind the scenes.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
October 13, 2018, 10:19 AM
braillediver
This is another reason why I didn't go the Blade Show West last weekend.

I won't spend any money in Portland \ Oregon if there's any other choice.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.
October 13, 2018, 10:33 AM
2012BOSS302
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
The jack-ass mayor claims the video clip doesn't really show what happened, and that they actually did have the situation under control and that everyone should feel safe driving through the city.

You see, we're all just too stupid to know how the police were actually keeping the peace, albeit behind the scenes.

The Mayor's hero must be BHO and his lead from behind style of mismanagement. If that is his description of in control, I'll just stay away. Talk about a bunch of useless idiots running the city.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
October 13, 2018, 10:46 AM
highroundcount
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I wouldn't go that far either, but officers on this very forum have moved from a toxic leftist controlled department to greener pastures. If all the good cops leave, what is left?

A cop content with sitting on his cop scooter watching while people are assaulted I guess.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.
October 13, 2018, 10:52 AM
sdy
Ted Wheeler is both Mayor and police Commissioner

Now he wants to have it both ways:

https://www.oregonlive.com/por...appalling_how_p.html

Mayor Ted Wheeler said Friday he found it "appalling" how protesters treated a motorist driving in downtown during a protest Saturday.

But he also defended Portland Police crowd control techniques, saying policing is more challenging than onlookers may think and requires balancing the safety and rights of protesters, police officers and bystanders.

Demonstrators took to downtown streets that day over the death of Patrick Kimmons, whom Portland police officers shot and killed early in the morning of Sept. 30. It is still unclear why officers fired upon Kimmons, whom they came upon armed in a part of downtown where two men had been injured by gunfire.

As demonstrators directed traffic and blocked streets during their protest, a man driving a silver Lexus slowly drove through a small crowd. Some protesters pounded on the man's car. The man told The Oregonian/OregonLive he did not intentionally drive into the crowd but rather was surrounded by protesters as he sought to head east of downtown.

The encounter caused no injuries, but it reverberated across the internet and in conservative news circles, which focused criticisms on the lack of police response to the protest. Wheeler, as police commissioner, has taken the position that protesters must keep to sidewalks and are not allowed to take over streets. But police did not immediately force them out of the street during the Kimmons protest. Some outlets portrayed Portland as a den of lawlessness, taken over by Antifa protesters.

Wheeler pushed back strongly against those characterizations Friday.

"People should not immediately jump to the kinds of statements that were being put out on Breitbart and Fox News, that because the police did not intervene in that particular moment under that exact circumstances that chaos rules in the streets of Portland or that the police didn't do their job or that I'm a nutcase mayor – their words, not mine," Wheeler said.

"I'm willing to take criticism all day long from Fox News," he said. "But I'm not willing to accept criticism from Fox News of the men and women of the Portland Police Bureau."

Wheeler said police leaders knew of the protest and decided not to intervene, fearing the situation could escalate. Wheeler, who as mayor and police commissioner is ultimately responsible for the Police Bureau, said Friday he leaves tactical decisions to police leaders and trusts their judgment. He added that the bureau will investigate the incident.

The mayor said protesters should not have acted in the way they did.

"I think it is extremely inappropriate for people to be blocking traffic, to be harassing people going about their everyday business and violating the law," Wheeler said. "I do not support that kind of behavior."

Wheeler said the public should have sympathy for police officers, who often find themselves in what he termed a "Goldilocks" situation.

"The porridge is either two hot or too cold," Wheeler said, referencing the children's tale.

"At any given moment in this city the police are being criticized for being heavy handed and intervening too quickly," he said, "or they're being criticized for being standoffish and not intervening quickly enough."

Though the Police Bureau endured criticism for lack of response this week, it was also sued by two people claiming they were harmed by overly aggressive officers while in downtown in 2016.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I do not support that kind of behavior."

but then again the porridge is either too hot or too cold

understand ?
October 13, 2018, 11:13 AM
dewhorse
I would love to see this type of bullshit happen anywhere in Trump country. I figure the disturbance might last 30 minutes....or as long as it would take the paddy wagon to show up.

And I am pretty the cops would treat them better than the bubbas....

Just thinking about what a F250 with a ranch hand bumper would to the MS white and anger...makes me smile.
October 13, 2018, 01:27 PM
radioman
To summarize, the whole story is the result of a bias in reporting by Fox news. And while the protesters should not have blocked traffic, the situation is more complex than we are able to understand, because we don't understand how the police work.

Ok, got it. Yeah, ok. Roll Eyes

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
October 13, 2018, 01:48 PM
LimaCharlie
Portland has turned from a quirky city into a cesspool in the last few years. Portland has three main protest groups, the antifa, blm, and anarchists. You don't want to be anywhere near when they all show up.

My wife's ancestors came to Oregon on a wagon train in 1847 and homesteaded. She has several elderly relatives in the Portland Metro area. I normally carry a 1911 with one spare magazine. When we go to Portland to visit relatives, I switch the 1911 for a Glock G35 .40 S&W with two fifteen round magazines on my belt with more ammo in the car.

We avoid downtown Portland now. We had three restaurants in downtown Portland that were favorites for special occasion dinners. We haven't been downtown in over three years,

U.S. Army, Retired
October 13, 2018, 02:30 PM
Voshterkoff
Seattle isn't quite as bad, usually. Myself and many coworkers have no desire to go there anymore. I can't wait until I can move.
October 13, 2018, 03:51 PM
GWbiker
quote:

Bull-Shit!

I had first hand experience in watching a crowd go out of control while the authorities just stood by without taking action.

These disturbances must be nipped in the bud.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".
October 13, 2018, 03:59 PM
SIG228
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

Bull-Shit!

I had first hand experience in watching a crowd go out of control while the authorities just stood by without taking action.

These disturbances must be nipped in the bud.

Have you seen Portland's police chief?