SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ESPN's take on Colin Kapernik
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ESPN's take on Colin Kapernik Login/Join 
posted
http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/20152905

With the NFL season fast approaching, Kapernik still isn't on anyone's roster.
Is he a capable QB? Yes. Stats went down the past few years but he is still a viable option. So the question is, why isn't he employed?
Plain and simple answer here. Kapernik, you took a knee to protest something that made you look un-American. And you did it during the national anthem. Who in there right mind would want you on their team let alone leading it?
Then they throw in Josh Brown. Excuse me, the Giants cut him after everything came out.
Michael Vick? What he did was horrible also and Karma will find him one day.
So the owners/management of NFL teams should explain themselves as to why Colin isn't on a team's roster? They're not bound by anything to do that.
You made your bed Colin, time to lay in it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Screw Josina and her opinion. Kapernick's more of an asshole and a PR liability than a QB talent. Hes establishing himself as the Shia Lebouef of the NFL.

Oh and Josina, either trim those damned claws or stop waving them around before you put somebody's eye out.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That guy is not going to be able to un-fuck himself, and that makes me smile. Smile

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Get a haircut hippy, start there.

Vick? Oh my. Got busted, went to prison, lost all his money. No need to kick a dead horse.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see Kapernik try and get any job - especially one outside of sports.

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Oh there's just so much wrong with the delusional commentary of that ridiculous harpee. First, Kapernik is not owed anything, and he most certainly is not entitled to a job in the NFL regardless of his stats or accomplishments. And when the fans, you know, the people who provide the revenue to the league come out in huge numbers telling their owners they don't want this guy on their team, well there's a message in there for you Josina if you had the mental capacity to grasp it. Second, Kapernick screwed with something very near and dear to NFL owners, that being, their revenue stream. The NFL is in decline, losing TV eyeballs and ticket purchasers. Everything confirms that reality. The NFL is struggling, and negative PR like Kapernick brought to the entire league, for which he is unwilling to apologize or backtrack from, sealed his fate with the NFL. Vick, Brown, and all the other thug scum that screwed up publicly did everything they could afterward to apologize and make it go away. Kapernick won't, and as such, his career in the NFL is over. Even though I'm not an NFL fan, that outcome makes me very happy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Entitlement is a beautiful thing. At least some think so.

Speaking of ESPN,what happened to the app?

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Professional sports is just one part of the entertainment business. If the man in the leading roll doesn't sell tickets then there's no reason to have him in the movie.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That guy is not going to be able to un-fuck himself, and that makes me smile. Smile

Me too. He is done.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
We reserve the right not to hire an asshole.
-NFL owners association

Next question ?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:... Kapernick's more of....a PR liability than a QB talent....

I think that's the bottom line. Owners may well be looking at the question, how many fans ($$) will he attract vs how many fans ($$) will he alienate.

I would pose a question to Kapernick. He went to Africa to celebrate/promote his heritage. I wonder if he really believes such heritage has a better life in Africa than in this disgusting and demeaning place of America. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It is a fact, you can do whatever you want. It is also a fact that doing so can come with consequences.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The media are determined to make this guy a hero. He kneels for everything they hold dear.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Let ESPN give him a job if they're so hot to hire him. No one is guaranteed a prime position in their chosen field.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
We reserve the right not to hire an asshole.
-NFL owners association

Next question ?

Exactly. They are under no obligation to answer either.
They called out Goodell and owners. I'd just shrug them off.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

This too.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
That's not really ESPN's take on Kapernick, it is the opinion of two of their employees. Other ESPN commentators have been publicly critical of him over the last year.

As for the notion that he is owed anything, it's rediculious. NFL owners don't owe him an explanation at all. He isn't a great QB and comes with a ton of baggage. I've been to a lot of Falcons games in the last few years and never heard any visiting team get boo'd like the 49rs did when he came out. He is hated by a lot of people. Any team that hires him will lose fans. However a team not hiring him won't lose shit.

He's toxic and has no upside. He doesn't have the talent to lead a team to a winning season much less a Super Bowl.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem with using the Vick and the Josh Brown comparison is that they were both near the top of their crafts in their careers.

Kaepernick is a middling backup, bottom tier starter AT BEST.

HE'S NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE.

Plain and simple. The amount of shit you can get away with in the NFL is directly proportional to your talent level. The minute you become more of a headache than your talent justifies, you are gone.

So yes, he's definitely more talented than a LOT of QBs in the NFL (including all backups) but most of them know to keep their mouth shut.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:... Kapernick's more of....a PR liability than a QB talent....

I think that's the bottom line. Owners may well be looking at the question, how many fans ($$) will he attract vs how many fans ($$) will he alienate.

Exactly.

The name of the game is butts in seats. Winning games puts butts in seats. That guy takes butts out of seats. I would guess adding him to the roster could be the attendance-equivalent of losing two extra games per season.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yet Another Left-Wing Reporter Apologizes for Colin Kaepernick's Anti-Americanism

July seems to be the month for liberal sports writers to fall all over themselves for anti-American former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, and next to jump on the bandwagon is the Boston Globe’s Christopher L. Gasper.

After spending an entire season refusing to stand for the playing of the national anthem and issuing one proclamation after another about how evil the United States is, Colin Kaepernick declared himself a free agent and told the NFL he was ready to be hired by another team.

Despite spending a year attacking the country, the now-former San Francisco 49er promised that he would end the protests he claimed were based on his closely held principles if only some other NFL team would hire him on for the 2017 season.

Despite his bland assurances, though, no team stepped up to give him a shot at continuing his NFL career. And this state of affairs has incensed liberal sports writers from coast to coast.

Liberal sports writers just can’t fathom why no NFL team in what has often been sold as “America’s game” would want to invite into their locker room a man who has said America has never been great and called our police and first responders “pigs.”

It is just beyond the understanding of many liberal sports writers why so many Americans are turned off by Kaepernick’s behavior and have taken the time to let local teams know that if they bring Kaepernick to their city, they will be sorry.

Kaepernick became the subject of editorials once again because of an interview with another disgraced quarterback. Last week former quarterback Michael Vick suggested that if Kaepernick were to cut down his giant protest afro and shave off his scruffy beard, he just might be “presentable” enough to land a new slot in the NFL. Vick’s advice set a slew of liberal sportswriters to go running to their keyboards to decry Colin Kaepernick’s unemployment.

And on cue comes the Globe’s Gasper to unleash yet another screed against the country and the NFL for not giving Kaepernick another chance.

Gasper goes into detail about the many accusations passed around that Kaepernick is still on the sidelines because his play had deteriorated over the last few years and that he just doesn’t have the “stuff” to be a competitive NFL quarterback. And the Boston writer is probably right to note that Kaepernick has been sidelined even as other players with lesser records have found a team.

I dare say that Gasper is also right that teams and coaches have used Kaepernick’s failing stats as an excuse to avoid saying why they really don’t want to bring his particular trouble into their locker rooms.

But, Gasper is wholly wrong to say that all of America is “immoral” because they oppose Kaepernick’s year of “peaceful protests.”

The fact is Colin Kaepernick did not engage in a mere peaceful protest. What he did was lay down cover for the domestic terror outfit known as Black Lives Matter, advocated for people to hate our police which invites unhinged liberals to begin shooting or attacking police—something that makes all of us less safe—and engendered hate for the country which also brings more vitriol between patriots and haters.

Colin Kaepernick didn’t just kneel mildly. He knelt in support of hate and egged on others to act on that hate.

There is also an even worse aspect to this whole situation.

When he first entered the NFL, Kaepernick was one of the nicest fellows you could imagine. Coming from a privileged life, he came to football as a proud Christian without a cross word about anyone. But in the 2015 season, Kaepernick learned that the 49ers were starting to talk about trading him because his stats had fallen and he was frequently on the injured list.

Apparently, that is when he came up with the brilliant idea to suddenly become a social justice warrior, and it was then he took up his anti-American campaign against the national anthem.

All of this was to dare San Francisco to trade him. Kaepernick banked on the gambit that he would not be traded because if he were to be ignominiously shuffled off to another team, he could then scream “raaaacism.” And it worked, too. As soon as he claimed he was a crusader for Black Lives Matter, all the quite chatter about Kaepernick being traded instantly stopped. Indeed, instead of talking of trading him, the 49ers loudly and proudly stood by him because of his protests so the team might satisfy the sensibilities of liberal city in which they play.

Kaepernick likely assumed that once he went free agent, the same fear of being called racists would cause at least one team to pick him up for 2017. But in that he miscalculated. Surprising only himself, every team in the NFL—including the 49ers, everyone seems to forget—found that they had the perfect excuse to ignore him. After all, no team is under any obligation to hire on a free agent who loudly and proudly hates the very country and people who were making him a millionaire.

Still, the Globe’s Gasper is just as confused as Colin Kaepernick about why no one wants to bring his sort of anti-Americanism into their organizations.

Certainly, the Bostoner isn’t alone. Nearly every other left-wing sports writer in the business is just as confused.

Gasper joins other left-wing sports writers such as USA Today’s Nancy Armour (who has written numerous columns praising Kaepernick for his hate for America), Michigan sports writer and professor Louis Moore, ESPN’s Todd Archer, the Chicago Tribune’s Diana Goetsch, and many more too numerous to list.

Yes, it’s all just a big mystery, one every proud, patriotic American innately understands.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post