SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Immigrant students at Berkeley demand to not have to take class exams and accuse professor of white supremacy when he refuses their demand
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Immigrant students at Berkeley demand to not have to take class exams and accuse professor of white supremacy when he refuses their demand Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
How to get your professor to hate you.

Odds are, if they would just sit down, shut up, play the game, and show respect to the professor, they'd probably get a passing grade despite doing shitty on the assignment.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Just remember - if you are interviewing a potential employee and his/her resume indicates being a Berkley student. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Cal Berkeley—You break it; you bought it

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Do we know what happened at the end? Were they allowed to skip the test or take it home??

I don't think so, but I did see one or two of the precious picking up sheaves of paper from the table up front that looked like they could be midterms.

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
In what world do these people exist that they think this is acceptable behavior?

Ah, the point is that they're heroes (no matter how pathetic their "demands") because they're "daring", because they make all sorts of trumped-up accusations, and because they're willing to be disruptive until they get whatever they want. And they've gotten away with it often enough in the past to take a chance it might work again. "This is our physical and mental health!" was never going to be a cogent argument against taking a midterm.

quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
Just call the police...

Then the snowflakes get to turn the whole thing into a physical confrontation and scream about police brutality. That, unfortunately, would give them PC leverage enough that they might get something out of the attempt and would certainly result in delaying or forcing the rescheduling of the exam.

For all the stuff people talk about Cal and colleges in general, no one here seems to have mentioned that the professor didn't stop the exam - and that that was ultimately enough to force the "SJWs" (how can you be a warrior if you're afraid of a midterm?) to get off the stage, shut up, and let the exam go forward as scheduled. The children were dismissed, the right thing happened.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm reasonably confident that if I was in college today I'd wind up knocking someone's teeth out.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I'm reasonably confident that if I was in college today I'd wind up knocking someone's teeth out.
You can use my baseball bat.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, my days of the late '50's, one of the Jocks would get into her face and tell her to STFU and sit down.

But we can't do that today, 'cause it would hurt her feelings and might traumatize other students.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Delusion is strong with these people. Reality, in whatever form, needs to smack them upside the head in a big way.

Grow some appreciation, fools, and stop blaming whitey for your shortcomings - this diversionary tactic is way beyond tiresome! Funny how you never seem to see orientals pulling this crap.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Seems like their issue is also a "White Person" is teaching the class to start with.

A female protester questions Shaiken’s credentials and qualifications to teach the course. Shaiken, who has been chair of the Center for Latin American Studies at UC Berkeley since 1998, focuses his study on the issues of economic and political integration between the United States and Mexico. In 1991, Shaiken received the Outstanding Teaching Award at the University of California, San Diego.

“Have you ever checked ‘unlisted’ or ‘undocumented immigrant’? I don’t think so!” rhetorically asked the protester. “Have you ever checked ‘student of color’? I don’t think so.”

Yes, Shaiken is white.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Funny how you never seem to see orientals pulling this crap.

In my experiences with Koreans, Chinese and Japanese, they strive to succeed, driven to do better in life, sometimes to the point of being materialistic or money hungry.

But, I see nothing wrong with that.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

Yeah because we did prepare for the test!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Just remember - if you are interviewing a potential employee and his/her resume indicates being a Berkley student. Wink

I have been told they admit and graduate some talented folks.

"Some" being the operative term. Wheat from chaff, guys, wheat from chaff. Wink

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

Oh hey, also, orientals is not the proper nomenclature, dude. Asian-american, please.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Isn't that the same chick who ripped the Trump hat off some guy and made a scene in an office at Berkley while being videod? It was posted here about a month ago.

ETA, nope apparently a different idiot..?

Yes it was a different self entitled snowflake dumbass, but she does have exact same accent and speech patterns.

Want some good news? She may be charged with a felony for physically removing the hat from him. She's countering the potential felony by demanding reparations. She'd like free housing, not just for her, but her entire family. Also wants immunity from charges as well as having the school renounce white supremacists.

I wish so hard that she'd actually be charged with and convicted of a felony.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh hey, also, orientals is not the proper nomenclature, dude. Asian-american, please.

Didn't mean any offense.....didn't even realize it was offensive! On the other hand, for accuracy sake, perhaps I should be called European-American? I will answer to Whitey though in a pinch. Wink

My primary point (nomenclature aside) was that the complainers always seem to come from the same ethnicities, and Asian folks never seem to be in the complaining group. Probably because they're too busy learning or working to bother with useless whining, like everyone else.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
So lowering passing test scores and standards aren't enough...Let's just skip exams all together! AAARRRGGghhhh!!!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:

lol I have one of those McFarlane Lucille's. Got it for a present. They look damn real.

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Shaka, when the walls fell.

Why is it these days every last Amish Lesbian Beautician needs to be heard right now? Everyone has a voice that must be heard, and if they are told they don't, it's automatically hate speech.

A long time ago I was taught the old adage, "Now that you have had your say, don't feel you should have your way." What happened to the world I grew up in?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I am guessing these fine folks have the vote.
Scary.
Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post