SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The official NHL playoff thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The official NHL playoff thread Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Wild will lose in first round sweep of the play off's to the Blues and their former coach Mike Yeo.
The phrase "four in a row, for Mike Yeo" will take on new meaning here.

Here's hoping you're right! Smile
LET'S.GO.BLUES!

... but we really could use Shattenkirk!

This karma tailor made for the Wild. I don't see a way for this not to happen.
Sadly enough.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I'm ready! Go 'Hawks!!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go to the playoffs!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Let's go Hawks!

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 387 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wild clinched home ice for the first round by beating Carolina last night. Dubnyk didn't look like the goal tender you want going into the playoffs. At one point Carolina had 3 goals on 6 shots. Not good. Played made excuses for him post game saying they didn't help him much by giving Carolina way too much ice to work with and too many clean shots.

Well if that's the case then we have multiple problems.
I would say the Blues take them in 7 maybe even 6

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Have you guys met Braden Holtby's cat yet?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The Wild clinched home ice for the first round by beating Carolina last night. Dubnyk didn't look like the goal tender you want going into the playoffs. At one point Carolina had 3 goals on 6 shots. Not good. Played made excuses for him post game saying they didn't help him much by giving Carolina way too much ice to work with and too many clean shots.

Well if that's the case then we have multiple problems.
I would say the Blues take them in 7 maybe even 6

Quick drift - It was good to see Bryan Bickell get back to playing.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'll be very honest. I thought my B's were (once again) going to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. Played a great game last night against Tampa to secure their spot. Can't really rest key players, because the Atlantic Division is tight enough that they could wind up in 2nd place if Toronto and Ottawa tank their last few games.

p.s. LOVE the cat!!!! That is Tuukka's cat...too much butterfly not to be. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
Go BLACK HAWKS!

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1362 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

p.s. LOVE the cat!!!! That is Tuukka's cat.... Big Grin

Stolen from cat thread.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I know...... Wink

Back to hockey.....Brad Marchand couldn't go the game without some idiot maneuver on his part...thought he was done with this crap. Got 5 and a gamer for spearing. Basically cup-checked Tampa defenseman Dotchin in front of the Tampa goal and that dude was down for a few minutes looking for his testicles. Now Marchand has to go stand tall before the man.....

https://www.nhl.com/news/brad-...459646?tid=277549076

What a cement head move. He'll be lucky to only get suspended for the rest of the regular season (2 games) and will be damned luck if he doesn't have to sit out game 1 of the playoffs. I don't think the B's can afford to miss his play-making and goal scoring...even for one playoff game.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Have you guys met Braden Holtby's cat yet?

Smile Love that cat!

I'm hoping that with the mumps issue behind them, the Wild will return to mid-season form.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Big handicap for the Pens. Kris Letang will be out 4-6 months in order to have disc surgery on his neck.

Pens will miss his ice time (sometimes > 30 min/game) and his puck moving skills.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Back to hockey.....Brad Marchand couldn't go the game without some idiot maneuver on his part...thought he was done with this crap. Got 5 and a gamer for spearing. Basically cup-checked Tampa defenseman Dotchin in front of the Tampa goal and that dude was down for a few minutes looking for his testicles. Now Marchand has to go stand tall before the man.....

https://www.nhl.com/news/brad-...459646?tid=277549076

What a cement head move. He'll be lucky to only get suspended for the rest of the regular season (2 games) and will be damned luck if he doesn't have to sit out game 1 of the playoffs. I don't think the B's can afford to miss his play-making and goal scoring...even for one playoff game.

He should sit for that. 100% intentional. He may not have meant to drop Dotchin like he did but he was certainly training to pop him with his stick.

That intentionally trying to hurt someone needs to go. Hockey is a rough game. Your going to get caught with a stick at some point if you play long enough. Having to worry about some guy teeing up on your boys is too much.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is unintentional except for the fact you never carry your stick around that far off the ice. I watched this live and thought for sure Parise was gone for the season. Turns out he missed one game. He got lucky!

Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I'm in favor of harsher league sanctions for cheap shots. There's plenty of legal contact without the enforcer BS.

Another thing that really galls me is the diving. It made soccer unwatchable. Hockey doesn't have that problem yet, but I did see an opposing player dive against the Blackhawks about a week ago. I'd love to see 5 minutes for embellishment instead of a minor.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:

Another thing that really galls me is the diving. It made soccer unwatchable. Hockey doesn't have that problem yet, but I did see an opposing player dive against the Blackhawks about a week ago. I'd love to see 5 minutes for embellishment instead of a minor.

Total agree

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:

Total agree

+1 more.

Though, there's a lot to be said for old school hockey. GORDIE! (Sorry, had to say it) Cool

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
We've avoided the dreaded 2 vs 3 playoff spot. President's Trophy winners back to back. Go CAPS!!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Gonna be hard to pull off but LETS GO PENS!

On a side note if they don't win I can always take consolation that the Flyers's didn't make the playoff's. Also with the elimination of Detroit, Pittsburgh now has the longest active streak of making the playoff's at 11 years (and 15 years for their AHL team).

LETS GO PENS!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post