SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The official NHL playoff thread
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The official NHL playoff thread Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted

Ok now that that's out of the way lets get down to it. My Wild are having a epic meltdown after a awesome two thirds of the season. But having lived in Minnesota most of my life this is what we have grown to expect.

There are some teams getting hot and cold running up to the playoffs. Blackhawks are getting ripped by Florida right now 7 to zip! Looks like this is the season anybody could come out on top!

I look for the Caps or Penguins to come out on top this year.
Predictions?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
GO HABS GO

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Penguins are playing strong even with all the injuries. I hope they can win the cup back to back, but the playoffs are a different season.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I'm not even pissed about the Wild anymore. Just a damn shame what has happened to them.

Truth be told we just don't have a "star" player who can take a game under control when things are not going well. We need to be giving 100% effort all the time, unlike the Blackhawks who can slack a bit from time to time but and still get back into it.

Wild will lose in first round sweep of the play off's to the Blues and their former coach Mike Yeo.

The phrase "four in a row, for Mike Yeo" will take on new meaning here.

http://www.startribune.com/fan...vancouver/417094733/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Hope to see the CAPS do something more then just flounder in the playoffs. We have had great regular seasons but can't put it together when it matters.

Saw my first Caps game at the old Capital Center in Landover, MD back when Langway played without a helmet.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping the Pens do it again. But with the injuries, uncertainty on who should be the starter in net during the playoffs, and erratic play the last few games I won't be surprised if they don't make it deep into the playoffs.

Fingers crossed.....

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Season ticket holder for the Columbus Blue Jackets since 2000.

My boys are tight, right and ready to fight.

I believe we are the real deal and can go deep into the playoffs this year.

We are in second place as of today, but we are looking to try to steal The Presidents Trophy from the Caps in the closing weeks. Although, I kinda want the Pens in the first round Smile

This is going to be fun...

CBJ, CBJ, CBJ... BOOM!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Season ticket holder for the Columbus Blue Jackets since 2000.

My boys are tight, right and ready to fight.

I believe we are the real deal and can go deep into the playoffs this year.

We are in second place as of today, but we are looking to try to steal The Presidents Trophy from the Caps in the closing weeks. Although, I kinda want the Pens in the first round Smile

This is going to be fun...

CBJ, CBJ, CBJ... BOOM!

I want to the Pens and CBJ to beat each other up in the first round. Wink

Caps play the CBJ once more before the playoffs. Should be a good game.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

posted Hide Post
Comet...

Next Sunday... I'll be there.

Show of hands. Of those of you who's teams have clinched, how many of you have started your playoff beard in support of your team?

Smile

We Are the 5th Line.

GO JACKETS!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Presidents' Trophy winners most likely. Hopefully able to actually take advantage of home ice for once and make it out of 1st or 2nd round.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I'm not even pissed about the Wild anymore. Just a damn shame what has happened to them.

Truth be told we just don't have a "star" player who can take a game under control when things are not going well. We need to be giving 100% effort all the time, unlike the Blackhawks who can slack a bit from time to time but and still get back into it.

Wild will lose in first round sweep of the play off's to the Blues and their former coach Mike Yeo.

http://www.startribune.com/fan...vancouver/417094733/

That sums the Wild up pretty well. A team of good role players but not that one super star who can snipe a goal in when needed. How many breakaways has Haula missed this season? When this team don't get puck luck during a game they are doomed. Right now they are not getting any bounces and are missing on good opportunities when they do present themselves.

I think Boudreau messed too much and too long with all the line changes going about a month back when they thought they had the division sewed up. Then they traded for Hanzal and White and tried to interject them into it. Things went really bad after that.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a die hard Rangers fan. We aren't the strongest in the hunt but we are a solid team. Add to that Lundquist is going to be back and healthy. Our younger players are living up to their potential and doing some great things.
Our special teams play needs work but it seems to be coming together at the right time.
All I want to see is the pens and caps out in the first round. I'd like to see Crosby finally called on his dirty play or just get knocked around.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I shaved my beard when the Pens clinched just to start a playoff beard. Pens biggest problem is injuries. Hope they can overcome them. As far s I'm concerned, they could lose the rest of their games just to get everybody healthy.

Would love to see Mike Yeo do well, maybe even get into the finals while losing to the Pens.

Columbus, Toronto, Anaheim, & St Louis have been doing well lately. Carolina could also make a run for a wild card spot.

San Jose & Minnesota have hit some sort of a slump.

Rangers are a solid team, but Lundqvist has a weakness. It's his mental game. Frequently once the opposing team gets into his head, he's doesn't do well.

I'd love to see the league go back to the 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, & 4-5 for playoff matchups; but the league & the NHLPA would have to agree on that. The earliest it could happen is for the 2019-2020 season.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Pulling for someone, anyone out of the Pacific Division.

Love playoff hockey!

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd love to see the league go back to the 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, & 4-5 for playoff matchups; but the league & the NHLPA would have to agree on that. The earliest it could happen is for the 2019-2020 season.

Agreed. The 2nd and 3rd place teams playing in the 1st rounds just takes out a top team. You want to see the top teams move on to later rounds.

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
LET'S GO RANGERS!

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The B's need to win out, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they (once again) pull defeat outta the jaws of victory. The past couple of years, they've reverted to playing like a pee wee squad the last two weeks of the season. Lucky my TV is still entact. Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LET'S.GO.BLUES!

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here's hoping you're right! Smile
LET'S.GO.BLUES!

... but we really could use Shattenkirk!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:

Agreed. The 2nd and 3rd place teams playing in the 1st rounds just takes out a top team. You want to see the top teams move on to later rounds.

Whoever came up with this BS format needs to be slapped across the face with a cactus. I'd like to be giving some guys rest, instead it's like a playoff before the playoffs because 2&3 are getting screwed. Top 3 guaranteed one will be out in first round. Finish strong caps, we have a weak schedule even though it's on the road. Hopefully wild will continue it's slide tonight.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post