SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The official NHL playoff thread
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The official NHL playoff thread Login/Join 
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
That was THE best goal mouth scramble I've ever seen.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:

THAT. WAS. NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
How did that puck not go in? Golden opportunity (ies) to send to OT. Can the caps get a little puck luck please?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:

THAT. WAS. NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olli Maata said that after that scramble that Fleury was laughing.

Goalie are nuts. Full disclosure: I should know, I played goalie.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
He probably would still be laughing even if they scored.

Everyone is bitching that the ref blew the whistle too early. Watching the replay, maybe they did.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Pittsburgh could have made a case for goalie interference anyway, because during the scramble Ovechkin bowled right into Fleury and wasn't pushed.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Just as some in St. Louis were beginning to question the contributions of Tarasenko, he became their hero once again, scoring his second and third goals of the postseason ....

“It’s not about my goals,” Tarasenko said. “We can’t lose this one, so it’s a tied series. It’s playoffs and I don’t really care who scored and who not score. We just need the wins to win the Cup.”

Tarasenko had some help in Game 2, which was the first loss of the postseason for Nashville after five straight victories.

Blues goalie Jake Allen bounced back from a tough-luck game-winning goal for the Predators in their 4-3 victory in Game 1, finishing with 22 saves Friday.

Nashville had 15 of its 24 shots in the game in the third period, but the Blues also had 12 of their 24 blocks in the final frame.

“The guys did a great job again, really battled hard the last five minutes,” Allen said. “It was impressive.”

Allen had a few saves in the final minute that had Scottrade Center shaking, including a hair-raising stop on the Predators’ James Neal with 37 seconds remaining.

Well, for those who have hair.

“It’s plays like that that I have the barber that I do,” Blues coach Mike Yeo said.

Game 3 is Sunday in Nashville at 2 p.m.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Great game with NYR & Lens - now into 2nd OT.

Posted too quick. Senators win in 2nd OT. 4 goals for J.G. Pageau.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to Pens v. Caps in an hour...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Just as some in St. Louis were beginning to question the contributions of Tarasenko, he became their hero once again, scoring his second and third goals of the postseason ....

“It’s not about my goals,” Tarasenko said. “We can’t lose this one, so it’s a tied series. It’s playoffs and I don’t really care who scored and who not score. We just need the wins to win the Cup.”

Tarasenko had some help in Game 2, which was the first loss of the postseason for Nashville after five straight victories.

Blues goalie Jake Allen bounced back from a tough-luck game-winning goal for the Predators in their 4-3 victory in Game 1, finishing with 22 saves Friday.

Nashville had 15 of its 24 shots in the game in the third period, but the Blues also had 12 of their 24 blocks in the final frame.

“The guys did a great job again, really battled hard the last five minutes,” Allen said. “It was impressive.”

Allen had a few saves in the final minute that had Scottrade Center shaking, including a hair-raising stop on the Predators’ James Neal with 37 seconds remaining.

Well, for those who have hair.

“It’s plays like that that I have the barber that I do,” Blues coach Mike Yeo said.

Game 3 is Sunday in Nashville at 2 p.m.

The Blues have a secret weapon - Ari. Actually Ari is a young girl with neuroblastoma who so far is beating the odds with her cancer. Tarasenko outbid others in order to give her & her mother a road trip w/ the team.

Damn sinuses acting up again.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I've also been following the saga of Ari on the local news. Thanks for posting.

-rduckwor

Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
I don't recall a team on the power play giving up a goal then coming back to score on the same power play. Wow!

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Keep it rolling Pens!

Would love to see the Caps dismantle the team after another failure.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
LOL my Flyers got the 2nd pick in the draft jumping up from 13. This is awesome. I'm glad they missed the playoffs now Smile

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The Flyer will probably waste it. I am a Flyers too. What did they give up?

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3861 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's Go Blues!

Let's Go Ari!

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Keep it rolling Pens!

Would love to see the Caps dismantle the team after another failure.

Still pissed that they poached Oshie and Shattenkirk!

-rduckwor

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Another win, 10 more until cup-hoisting.
Smile

The problem with the Caps is that they have a shitty captain. Ovi is not leadership material.
They should give the C to Williams or Oshie.

Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Great game by the Pens. Fleury is looking like the hot goalie.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I saw a comment that NJ (Ray Shero) will waste the #1 pick on a defenseman and then trade him for future considerations.

As to the Pens game - Fleury is the man. He's the big reason the Pens are up 2-0.