SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The official NHL playoff thread
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The official NHL playoff thread Login/Join 
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I don't know how you can call blocking the pucks by giving up your body lucky blocks. I agree that was a bad call, but it was just a hockey play I guess. Wink

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Edmonton and Anaheim. What a comeback to force OT!

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anaheim comeback from down 3 to take it to OT.

Ok, not a fan of the Ducks, but someone PLEASE explain the purpose of the goal crease anymore? Kessler's whole body is in the crease, and he's laying on the goalie's leg, when a shot squeaks through the 5-hole....and it's deemed a good goal!

Time just to do away with the crease and bring back enforcers.

Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
NHL Official Rules. Good Luck. Smile

Rule 69. Page 94. Link is a PDF.

Pretty much if a player is compelled into the crease by defending player and incidental interference occurs then no penalty. Kessler wasn't in any hurry to get out and actually looked like he laid his hand and held the goalie's leg. But hey... Smile

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
What a comeback for the Ducks! 2OT 4-3. Goodnight now.

posted Hide Post
Well, another reason for me to dislike The Diver, Corey Perry. Goodnight. Sunday needs to hurry up for rematch.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The Blues need a win tonight... as bad as the Caps did last night.

LET'S.GO.BLUES!

Not quite as bad as the Caps did, a win give you back home ice advantage. I'm rooting for you guys.

Every game in both series has been hard fought. But both the Blues and the Caps have their backs against the wall now. The Blues pulled it off last night at home but will have a tough time of it on Nashville ice Sunday afternoon. I'm rooting for the Caps tonight.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23951 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
L E T 'S G O P E N S ! ! !

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Wow. Nice 30 seconds by the Caps.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Caps for a nice comeback. Only their 2nd win in regulation in the playoffs this year.

Hope to finish them off Monday at home.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Can someone please tell me how this is an on side play? The Ottawa player is skating from left to right, or backwards, into the Rangers zone.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the ruling is deemed on side if the player entering the zone is determined to be in full possession of the puck when crossing. One of those WTF interpretations in the rule book.

Posts: 100 | Location: Myrtle Beach SC | Registered: August 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
coachB is right if you have position and control of the puck it's onside. So you can skate backwards into the zone with the puck and enter before the puck if you have control.

I've seen it a few times in NHL games.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Caps where finally able to beat Fleury. Have to capitalize on his aggressive play. Just been so hard with the Pens blocking so many shots and passes.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coachB:
I believe the ruling is deemed on side if the player entering the zone is determined to be in full possession of the puck when crossing. One of those WTF interpretations in the rule book.

I know about that part of the rule. I've been watching the coach's challenges all season long and IIRC the puck has to be over the blue line, not on it, for the play to be in side. The Ottawa player isn't even touching the puck. I mean WTF?!

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
Originally posted by coachB:

I know about that part of the rule. I've been watching the coach's challenges all season long and IIRC the puck has to be over the blue line, not on it, for the play to be in side. The Ottawa player isn't even touching the puck. I mean WTF?!

From the 2016-2017 NHL Rule Book :
quote:
Rule 83 - Off-side
83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.

The position of the players skates and not that of his stick is the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leading edge of the blue line involved in the play.

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the the leading edge of the blue line regardless of the position of his stick. however, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered "off-side," provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.

It should be noted that while the position of the player's skates is what determines whether a player is "off-side," nevertheless the question of an "off-side" never arises until the puck has completely crossed the leading edge of the blue line at which time the decision is to be made.

If a player legally carries or passes the puck back into his own defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in such defending zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
The Predators look like the team to beat.

Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
And how about those Oilers!

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:

Looks like a game 7 in the works. They don't want a repeat of game 5.

High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:

Bush league hockey going on - 8 goals in 15 minutes of regulation time? Absurd.

But, gotta cheer them in cuz you know they gonna sit back and lose some or all of that lead!

Let's go Oilers!!!

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post