SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lois Lerner does not want to testify publicly because of death threats
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lois Lerner does not want to testify publicly because of death threats Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am sure Lerner got lots of nasty emails and phone calls. She is widely hated.

But this sounds like a trick to keep her deposition from the public eye.

From one stand point, she is saying her deposition will be so infuriating to the public that her safety will be in jeopardy.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Someone get her a safe house, and armed guard, and body armor.

There, nice and safe.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Reap what you sow comes to mind...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
So she is claiming that the public, against whom she waged political jihad by using her govermental position of power to subjugate purely political enemies, has no right to see her testimony as it may endanger her life??
Should have thought of that before you decided to do the bidding of the left sweetie. Unless what you have to say is classified it ALL needs to be public record.

I agree on every point except for what I bolded.
ANY person who uses a federal agency to punish political opponents should be sent to prison whether they are left, right or center.
When the feds have a boot on your neck, it certainly doesn't matter if it's the left or right one.

Suck it up Lois. I hope you spend years having to shit in front of other inmates.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I bet they were counting on a pardon, didn't get one, and are now playing this card out of fear the LEFT will come after them for tarnishing "Obama's Legacy."

Criticism accepted David. I need to turn my hatred for those two in.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't want to testify either if I was as guilty as sin...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
She is desperate. Her final act of non-responsibility will be kicking and screaming while she is dragged to the gallows.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I am sure Lerner got lots of nasty emails and phone calls. She is widely hated.

But this sounds like a trick to keep her deposition from the public eye.

From one stand point, she is saying her deposition will be so infuriating to the public that her safety will be in jeopardy.

I'm also convinced that these 'death threats' are simply a cheap ploy to evoke sympathy for her. Liberals LOVE victims. The fastest way to the front of the liberal sympathy line is to be victimized. So, poor widdle lois is getting death threats (implied to be from eevil male Trump supporters) and therefore, should get preferential treatment.

Because she's a victim.

And I agree that her testimony/deposition will further infuriate millions of people across this great nation (as it should). This overt abuse of authority and jack-boot authoritarianism rightfully evokes strong emotions in freedom-loving people.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, the "I'm getting death threats" stuff is nothing but a horse shit excuse. The corrupt, cowardly bitch was really brave when she was abusing her position and fucking with Americans who dared to have political opinions different than her and her incompetent radical, America-hating boss.

Now that she has to face the music, you can see what she's really made of. She's a coward.

Man up, lady. You wanted to run with the big dogs like you're some kind of fucking bad ass? Here's your chance.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I don't want to minimize the impact of getting death threats, having gotten a couple myself, but these days, almost anyone who ends up in the public eye gets at least a few.

You just never know how take them.

Take them seriously, of course. But "Boo Hoo, I did something that really infuriated someone enough they want me dead " is not an excuse to avoid the obligations of the court. There were protections put on Presidential assassins - no reason not to protect evil bureaucrats.

Protect her, sure, but try her, convict her, put her away.

Ooops, sorry that's the next phase.... this is just a civil trial. Make that 'Protect her, try her, bankrupt her.' Wink

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Death threats, my ass. She didn't make enemies of the fascist left, they're her buddies. I want her to testify and I want her to show evidence that her orders to abuse the public trust came straight from the Oval Office.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Every single thing that comes out of that corrupt bitch's mouth is a complete lie. Testify under oath? If God Almighty Himself administered the oath to her, she'd lie to His face and laugh about it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Ok Sigforum attorneys. What stops Lerner from simply showing up for her depo and claiming the fifth again?

Can't tell for sure from the article but this appears to be a Civil suit vs a Criminal suit. Not a lawyer but wouldn't that make a big difference? If it is Civil doesn't that put "contempt of court" into play?

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Genuine death threats? Or ginned up death threats conveniently provided by Stasi State Obama and pals?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Ok Sigforum attorneys. What stops Lerner from simply showing up for her depo and claiming the fifth again?

Can't tell for sure from the article but this appears to be a Civil suit vs a Criminal suit. Not a lawyer but wouldn't that make a big difference? If it is Civil doesn't that put "contempt of court" into play?

I am not a lawyer anymore, but was for ~40 years.

The right to remain silent is a Constitutional right, so the type of forum, civil, criminal, etc. doesn't matter. I can't imagine a contempt of court ruling coming from a 5th Amendment claim.

If the testimony is absolutely vital, the witness can be given immunity, but that is at the discretion of the prosecutors and approval of the court. No immunity was offered when District Judge Alcee Hastings was tried for bribery and his briber refused to testify. Hastings could not be convicted criminally, but was impeached, convicted by the Senate and removed from his office. Hastings has been a Congressman for ~25 years now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JALLEN,

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
have her put 911 on speed dial on her cell phone.

after all, that is all the other bureaucrats think the rest of us need to protect ourselves from all kinds of threats out there...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Every single thing that comes out of that corrupt bitch's mouth is a complete lie. Testify under oath? If God Almighty Himself administered the oath to her, she'd lie to His face and laugh about it.

I agree. I think the benefit of leftist ideology, strictly from a tactical standpoint, is that they are indoctrinated to believe that the end justifies the means, so lying isn't an issue for them. They do it well.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Protect her in solitary confinement.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
By the way, Lois, I'm so glad that the shit storm you created won't go away. How's that working out for you, you smug crook? See, if you had just done your fucking job, you'd be fine now, no one would be hounding you.

I'll wager that you now wish you had done just that, huh, stupid? Enjoy, Lois. We're just getting started. No peace for you, bitch.

posted Hide Post
Why isn't there a criminal investigation into her? She admitted that by taking the 5th, that something suspious/criminal was going on that she knew about.
Doesn't that rise to the standard of starting a real investigation, not just a political dog and pony show?

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post