SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
So, without the NRA, what would be the state of 2A??

Just sayin'

I'm 100% behind the NRA. I don't know what the deal is here between the CEO and the President (former President), but I hope that it is squashed soon. I don't like seeing this internal quarrel being so public.

National radio news is headlining their top and bottom of the hour news breaks with this story and practically gloating over it.

I sometimes disagree with the NRA, some of the positions they take, and some of the candidates they support, but I straight up agree with you in my unwavering support of the NRA and am concerned how this has played out in public.

The reality is that no matter what company or organization people are involved in there will be people who dislike each other and disagree with each other and factions will form. But these differences should be kept in house and handled in ways that don't affect the business or organization's mission.

The NRA officers should never have let this conflict deteriorate to the point where it bubbled into the public eye and especially not during their annual convention and show.

My message to the NRA board of directors and officers would be to clear their heads and focus on the NRA mission. Clean house, bring in the people they need to to unite the members, get their financial affairs in order to achieve a lean efficient organization, and get back to the business of effectively defending the second amendment.

Enough of this public finger pointing bull shit.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Agreed. And if they lose both North and La Pierre in the process, that's just fine by me.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
LaPierre was being blackmailed?

Tell me more, Wayne.

Was the accusation true?

If not, then tell us the accusation.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything at all about what kind of executive leader LaPierre might be. But he is a horrible spokesperson for the NRA. He comes across as angry and defensive, like his back is up against the wall. Next time he is on tv, turn the sound off and just watch the man. He looks, in a word, like he is guilty of something. The NRA has survived and thrived *despite* him.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I agree with joe, he would not be my pick for a spokesman or public face of the NRA. Especially for the kind of money they (we) pay him. He’s been around long enough. We need a new face to represent us. He gets on TV and usually says nothing worth hearing. He sure isn’t earning
his paychecks. He should take his money and ride off into the sunset. We can do better for a whole lot less $$.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Personally as a life endowment NRA member, I can't stand LaPierre and wished him gone long ago.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Follow the money:

"In the letter, Mr. LaPierre said Mr. North was paid “millions of dollars annually” by Ackerman McQueen, for a dozen episodes of his series, “Oliver North’s American Heroes.” But only three episodes have been delivered thus far, Mr. LaPierre wrote, and the NRA has demanded to know what it is paying for “in light of these production shortfalls.”

Ackerman McQueen “appears to have responded indirectly by trying to oust me,” Mr. LaPierre wrote."

Looks like Ollie and Ackerman McQueen made a sweetheart deal to enrich both. Maybe they didn't cut Wayne in..."Ollie? Huh. Won't see him no more"

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Yes, this whole thing stinks. The only way Wayne will ever be effective again (or keep his job for that matter) is to survive full disclosure of whatever facts imply the accusations. Confirmed by a trustworthy party with no skin in the outcome. I am sure the liberal media will expend no dearth of effort in trying to scandalmonger, but may have some difficulty getting those knowledgeable of internal NRA matters to trust them.

On an ancillary note, who will/should the board elect as Ollie's successor? I'm guessing not another politico or Hollywood type this time, maybe an industry guy. I'd love to see Potterfield take the reins, but he probably doesn't have enough flash.

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Follow the money:

"In the letter, Mr. LaPierre said Mr. North was paid “millions of dollars annually” by Ackerman McQueen, for a dozen episodes of his series, “Oliver North’s American Heroes.” But only three episodes have been delivered thus far, Mr. LaPierre wrote, and the NRA has demanded to know what it is paying for “in light of these production shortfalls.”

Ackerman McQueen “appears to have responded indirectly by trying to oust me,” Mr. LaPierre wrote."

Looks like Ollie and Ackerman McQueen made a sweetheart deal to enrich both. Maybe they didn't cut Wayne in..."Ollie? Huh. Won't see him no more"

Yep, follow the money. What are these incredulous expenses Wayne has for clothing, etc?

There's something rotten in Denmark!

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
LaPierre has needed to go for a long time.

The NRA is just a money making machine enriching a few people, and at least one ad agency right now.

They need to clean house, cut the shit, and actually get back on mission.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
This kind of thing happens to even the most purely altruistic organizations. Wounded Warriors, for instance, started out very nobly-- but when millions start pouring in, and the administrators multiply, the purpose shifts from the original mission to the enrichment of the executives.

This is true of many of the big "charities"-- the people at the top have huge salaries and innumerable perks-- private planes, unlimited expense accounts.

NRA needs to clean house.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I want term limits for the people at the top or I will not renew my membership.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I'm ready, put me in coach. Smile And I can get by on a whole lot smaller wardrobe allowance than Wayne can. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I don’t know who is righteous on this North or LaPierre. Both have apparently handled this poorly, and apparently both need to go. It is really none of LaPierres business about Ollie’s money.

The NRA is much larger than either of them, and the way this is going they are both acting like spoiled children.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I too am a Life Endowment member. I've seen Wayne speak in person a number of times. I don't care for his public speaking style. I think he's been in office way too long.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It's time for LaPierre to go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
LaPierre has needed to go for a long time.

The NRA is just a money making machine enriching a few people, and at least one ad agency right now.

Said perfectly.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
LaPierre needs to go. I will not rejoin the NRA as long as he’s CEO. I will also most likely put my monetary support elsewhere until the NRA files a lawsuit to overturn 922(o) as unconstitutional. I’m tired of the Fudds trading away our rights with respect to actual military style weapons so that they can keep filling their freezer with deer meat every year. Until the NRA goes on the offensive at the legislative level (ie repeal 922(o)) instead of trying to make groups who enforce the laws on the books look bad, they won’t see any more of my money.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Who has the power to remove LaPierre ? Only the Board?

I never see his name on the ballot each year when time to vote.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post