SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign Login/Join 
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know more about the "bad information" that Ollie allegedly threatened LaPiere with.

At this point, with the little information I have, I tend to think Ollie was trying a power play that didn't work to his discredit.

I will continue to support the NRA regardless if LaPierre stays or goes. I do agree this very public dispute is bad for all of us.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a endowment member I feel NRA have done very little to fight all these fucking new gun law. Maybe is time to join some more active group.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to try new leadership. As someone else pointed out, with Trump in office it's the time to actively push back the other way.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post

https://www.americanrifleman.o...elected-unanimously/

National Rifle Association Executive Vice President/CEO Wayne LaPierre was re-elected unanimously and unopposed by the NRA Board of Directors at their meeting in Indianapolis, Ind., April 29, 2019.

Carolyn Meadows was elected NRA President; Charles L. Cotton, First Vice President; and Willes Lee, Second Vice President.

Also retaining their offices are NRA Secretary/General Counsel John Frazer; and Craig Spray, Treasurer.

Chris W. Cox was re-appointed as Executive Director for the Institute for Legislative Action; and Joseph De Bergalis, Jr., Executive Director, General Operations.​

All NRA officers were elected unanimously and unopposed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rackrack,

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Stuck on stupid.

Everybody was re-elected or re-appointed. Unanimously and unopposed. Like an old Soviet election. Nostrovia! Roll Eyes

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Good ole boys (and 1 girl) club.

And I didn't get nominated to the board again. Fuckers!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
National Rifle Association Executive Vice President/CEO Wayne LaPierre was re-elected unanimously and unopposed by the NRA Board of Directors at their meeting in Indianapolis, Ind., April 29, 2019.

Carolyn Meadows was elected NRA President;

Like many of you... I wouldn't have been opposed to Wayne LaPierre stepping aside, at least as the public face of the NRA.

However, continuity and stability are a good thing. Carolyn Meadows is a terrific organizer and will well serve her new role.

National Rifle Association Unity: Wayne LaPierre Remains CEO, Carolyn Meadows New President

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana – The National Rifle Association board of directors re-elected CEO Wayne LaPierre in Indianapolis on Monday. The NRA board also elected Carolyn Meadows as the new president of the powerhouse organization and granted outgoing president Lt. Col. Oliver North a lifetime seat on the NRA’s executive council.

LaPierre has led the NRA as its CEO since 1991. Last week North broke publicly with LaPierre over management issues ahead of the organization’s annual meeting, which was held in Indianapolis this year. The NRA president is the chairman of the organization’s board of directors, so heightened media attention followed the civil rights group’s regularly scheduled Monday board meeting.

That part proved anticlimactic, as the board overwhelmingly rallied to LaPierre – who goes simply by “Wayne” with everyone at the organization down to entry-level staff – and unanimously re-elected Wayne as executive vice president (EVP), which is the chief executive officer of the organization.

The board elected Meadows as president, only the third woman ever to hold that position. She has served on the NRA board of directors since 2003, and has been second vice president since 2017. As such, it was expected that the board of directors would eventually elect her to the president’s chair.

The most recent woman to hold the position of NRA president is Sandy Froman, who still serves on the NRA board and is deeply respected as a senior statesman among the group’s leaders. Froman enthusiastically supported Meadows’ ascension to the presidency.

Meadows is a longtime political veteran, not only on Second Amendment issues but of other conservative issues as well. For years she was the national committeewoman representing Georgia on the Republican National Committee, and has been in leadership at the American Conservative Union (ACU) and its movement-wide flagship annual event, the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

In what appears to a gesture of respect, the board also voted to give North an honor generally reserved for other past presidents: a seat on the NRA executive council. Whereas NRA directors are elected to three-year terms, executive council members have lifetime tenure, participating with the board at all meetings, though without voting privileges.

The board elected Charles Cotton as its new first vice president. Cotton is a longtime litigation attorney and board member who is actively involved in monitoring the growing number of lawsuits nationwide involving the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

The body also elected Willes Lee as second vice president. Lee is a retired lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army and has served as president of the National Federation of Republican Assemblies.

LaPierre reappointed Chris Cox as executive director of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA). Cox has been the chief lobbyist for the ultra-powerful organization since 2003.

NRA officers serve one-year terms, and the remaining officers were all reaffirmed. The board of directors will vote again on the organization’s leadership after its 2020 annual meeting, which will be held in Nashville.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-...adows-new-president/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24050 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wink
Kernels of truth arise from the strangest places

Trump Defends NRA While Decrying its Internal Issues

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVvnJaoxq1w

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I think it is time for old Wayne to move aside.

Nothing good can come from being in power this long, it is not natural and breeds opportunities for corruption or appearances of corruption.

The board is not doing its job of telling the staff where they belong.

Wayne reports to the BOD not the other way around.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The NRA like any charity, or public sustained lobbying group, correcting the problem, diminishes their income!

Easter Bunnies are being devoured by big ole bad Coyotes. The coyote population is your meal ticket.

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I started a thread here asking if anyone else was tired of Wayne. What prompted me to ask was I opened up the current (at the time) issue of AR and saw Wayne's picture on at least a dozen pages. It had become more about him, and less about guns, target shooting, and hunting.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
He's been there too long. For some reason he reminds me of J. Edgar Hoover - prancing around in front of his mirror in fish-nets and a bra over his old harry boobs.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
NRA CEO billed OKC ad agency for expenses

by STEVE LACKMEYER
Published: Sat, May 11, 2019 7:09 PM Updated: Sat, May 11, 2019 7:10 PM

New documents published online indicate NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre billed more than $542,000 in travel, shopping and rent to the non-profit’s advertising agency Ackerman McQueen.

The documents, published Saturday by the Wall Street Journal, are the latest disclosures in the months-long feud between the Oklahoma City firm and its longtime client.

The Oklahoman was unable to get comment from Ackerman McQueen on Saturday.

The city’s largest and oldest advertising and media company started working for the NRA 38 years ago, but that relationship has been strained in recent months and three weeks ago the firm was sued by the NRA over billing practices and alleged breach of contract.

Court filings showed Oliver North, the key figure in the Iran Contra scandal in the late 1980s, was being paid $1 million by Ackerman McQueen for his appearances on NRATV while North also was serving as president of the NRA.

The expenses detailed on Saturday were hinted at when LaPierre alleged on April 26 that Ackerman McQueen was attempting to blackmail him in an effort to get him to resign and end the lawsuit.

Revan McQueen, CEO at Ackerman McQueen, denied the allegations in the lawsuit but has yet to comment on the blackmail allegations. North resigned a day after LaPierre told board members he was being blackmailed. He also warned the NRA’s non-profit status was at risk, which was promptly followed by the opening of an investigation into the NRA by New York Attorney General Latitia James.

The documents published Saturday by the Wall Street Journal show LaPierre billed Ackerman McQueen $39,000 for one day of shopping at a Beverly Hills clothing boutique, $18,300 for a car and driver in Europe and had the agency cover $13,800 in rent for a summer intern.

The Ackerman McQueen letterhead documents state LaPierre “required we rent” the female intern an apartment and requested that he provide details about his business relationship with the woman.

The travel expenses allegedly include more than $200,000 in air travel during a one-month period in late 2012 and early 2013, in part related to a two-week trip taken by LaPierre over Christmas to the Bahamas.

The Ackerman McQueen correspondence, tied to North’s challenge to LaPierre last month, also detailed trips to Italy and Budapest in 2014, where the listed expenses included $6,500 for lodging at the Four Seasons hotel; $2,400 for a stay at the luxury Castadiva Resort on Italy’s Lake Como; $17,550 for “Air Charter” between Budapest and the Italian city of Brescia; and nearly $18,300 for a car and driver in both countries.

Ackerman McQueen’s historic billings to the NRA are unknown, but court filings report the agency was paid $42 million by the NRA in 2017. Those billings, and the alleged misspending by its one-time ally LaPierre followed revelations last fall that the NRA was running millions in the red.

https://newsok.com/article/563...-agency-for-expenses

Link to story

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I just read that report and was shocked. And you know that’s only the leaked spending, I’m sure it’s a lot worse. I just renewed for 2 years, but as long as he’s there, I’m not sending another dime. Reminds me of a couple years ago at SHOT, I looked up and saw Chris Cox walking around surrounded by bodyguards like he was POTUS. I thought back then, What a waste of money. I hope they can get there shop back in order soon.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
Documents came out recently showing some very shady stuff.

NRA needs to clean house or it's done. It may be done already, but they did it to themselves. It will be interesting to watch this unfold.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1742 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FP2000H:
Documents came out recently showing some very shady stuff.

NRA needs to clean house or it's done. It may be done already, but they did it to themselves. It will be interesting to watch this unfold.

Whether "they did it to themselves" or not, if the NRA falls our rights will suffer worse depredation by the GDCs.

The perfect is the enemy of the good. And while the NRA is certainly not perfect, they have been very good at their jobs.

And no I don't care how many interns Wayne is schtupping, or who pays their rent.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Heres the link to the leaked docs. Wayne spending way to much money on suits in Beverly Hills, but the real juicy bit is the 9 pages regarding payments to Brewer.
ftp://67.190.79.35/sda1/nra2019documents1-clean

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Ge...rs-leaked/5-2219519/

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
The NRA MUST come out of this to continue its mission. It MUST be saved and righted.

Do you remember Feed The Children? Larry Jones was constantly on TV raising funds. I used to volunteer there, it’s local to me, as well as Ackerman McQueen. Mr Jones ended up loosing control and was ousted from the organization he started. For many years FTC did wonderful things. Then it just about fell apart.

Too much money gives rise to temptation and trouble.

I’m seeing similarities between FTC and the NRA.

It’s time to save the Institution. Time to clean house. We MUST have a good clean 2nd amendment advocate.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
And no I don't care how many interns Wayne is schtupping, or who pays their rent.

I care about what the NRA is doing for our 2A rights. If Wayne is doing anything that works against that, he needs to go. Simple as that.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
To me, the worst part of the linked WSJ article is that Carolyn Meadows, the new president of NRA, immediately said that everything is fine, nothing to see here, the board has full confidence in Wayne LaPierre....

Some of his "expenses,"from the article:

"They included a trip to Italy and Budapest in 2014, where the listed expenses included $6,500 for lodging at the Four Seasons hotel; $2,400 for a stay at the luxury Castadiva Resort on Italy’s Lake Como; $17,550 for “Air Charter” between Budapest and the Italian city of Brescia; and nearly $18,300 for a car and driver in both countries."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/l...spending-11557597601

And look at the picture of LaPierre: fist clenched, red faced, pissed off. As always. This man is the worst possible spokesman for NRA, a huge drag on NRA's membership growth.

This hurts the NRA very badly. Their millions in donations every year come mostly from hard working, middle Americans who do care what he is squandering on an intern he's schtupping, and how much he is spending on clothing in one day-- $39,000-- and all of the corrupt spending that is now evident, and all that is not yet known.

The problem is that all the officers and board members are corrupt-- they were recently all reelected and reappointed, unanimously and unopposed. And they are four-squared behind this parasite, LaPierre. So who will clean house?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post