SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, since it appears that His Royal Majesty wouldn't GTFO if his life depended on it, that's what we'll have to do.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
If he cares for the NRA then he better resign soon or his arrogance will bring it all down.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Let the facts be presented, then burn him at the stake, not before.

Good grief, how many more facts do you need?

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
If he cares for the NRA then he better resign soon or his arrogance will bring it all down.

I heavily suspect the latter and generally doubt the former.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Just returned the latest solicitation with a note saying not another dime until Wayne is gone.

Another poster said they don't read the returned solicitations. Who cares?

But they can't help but notice the notable decrease in membership renewals, donations and cash flow. Tell me they don't monitor THAT.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Not another dime from me until an outside third party accounting is completed and report issued. Until that time I will support organizations that support and defend the 2nd without all the internal drama.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
quote:
Let the facts be presented, then burn him at the stake, not before.

Good grief, how many more facts do you need?

Show me the facts. Not accusations, not suppositions, the facts.

I don't care for the man but again, facts.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Show me the facts.

Plenty of facts in this very thread, and he has not denied them:

"New documents published online indicate NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre billed more than $542,000 in travel, shopping and rent to the non-profit’s advertising agency Ackerman McQueen...

The documents published Saturday by the Wall Street Journal show LaPierre billed Ackerman McQueen $39,000 for one day of shopping at a Beverly Hills clothing boutique, $18,300 for a car and driver in Europe and had the agency cover $13,800 in rent for a summer intern..."

And there is more. Have you heard Wayne refute any of this?

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Werll, the fact is that LaPierre is damaged goods and a huge distraction at the worst possible time. Would it be in the American gun owner's interest to have LaPierre remain in his position, no matter what he's guilty of? All this NRA infighting is compromising the strength of the NRA and if LaPierre truly cared about fighting for our Second Amendment rights, he'd resign and get out of the way for untainted leadership.

But, here we are, still. This thread started in April and he's still there. He hurts us while he protects himself. At this point, I don't particularly care if he's done everything of which he's been accused.
His guilt or innocence is almost a moot point, actually, given the turmoil surrounding all of this. A true leader would recognize what is happening and would step down because it would be best, but not this shit head.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Even if he is innocent of all these things, he ought to step aside while an investigation takes place, at the least. He's a liability, and his continued presence at the top of the ladder in the NRA only hurts us. If he really cares about the Second Amendment and fighting for our rights, he'd fuck off for a while, but it just sounds like he's trying to ride the gravy train as long as possible, and fuck you, and fuck me, and fuck every last one of us.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LaPierre has treated the NRA as his personal fiefdom, time to have him voted out. He's doesn't bring any value to position, just complications.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
More noise - and I guess we'll see whether Cuomo Sr. claims it signifies anything.

quote:
Document Shows NRA Pledged House Funds
Mark Maremont, The Wall Street Journal, Aug. 14, 2019, pg. A3

A top National Rifle Association executive signed a document agreeing that the gun-rights organization would be 99% owner of a company formed to buy a $6 million Dallas mansion for NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre, according to a copy of the document reviewed by the Wall Street Journal.

The document also shows the NRA agreed to contribute $6.5 million to the company formed to buy the property, raising yet more questions about the NRA's previous statements taht none of the gun-rights group's money was to be used to purchase the house for Mr. LaPierre.

The house-purchase deal never happened, but conflicting explanations from the NRA and its former ad agency for the aborted transaction have renewed the focus on Mr. LaPierre's financial dealings with the agency, Ackerman McQueen Inc.

The NRA and Ackerman McQueen agree that the plan to buy the Dallas property started early last year, when Mr. LaPierre had concerns about his safety in the wake of the February 2018 mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

Mr. LaPierre and his wife, Susan, twice toured the 10,000-square-foot house in a gated golf community near Dallas, according to people familiar with the matter.

Ackerman McQueen, which at the time had a close relationship with the NRA dating back more than 30 years, agreed to help facilitate the transaction and to manage the property after closing, these people said.

When the Journal reported the aborted house deal last week, the NRA said the house was to have been purchased by a company owned by senior Ackerman executives, and Mr. LaPierre shut down the transaction after discovering the ad agency intended to use NRA funds for the deal. "Not a cent of NRA money was ultimately spent," an outside NRA attorney, William A. Brewer III, said then.

The Journal reported Monday that the NRA sent a $70,000 check in May 2018 to a company formed to buy the house, WBB Investments LLC. WBB Investments, set up in Delaware by an Ackerman attorney, returned the money the following month, but the NRA check was the most tangible sign of money flow in the proposed deal.

The newly revealed document reviewed by the Journal was dated at the time of WBB Investment's formation in May 2018, and was signed by Wilson H. Phillips Jr., the NRA's then-chief financial officer and treasurer. In it, he agreed that the NRA would contribute $6.5 million for 99% ownership of WBB Investments, while an Ackerman entity would contribute $10 for 1% ownership.

In a statement, NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said: "As we have said repeatedly, neither Mr. LaPierre nor the Board ever formally considered, much less approved, an investment in the house in question or the other properties shown by Ackerman McQueen's real-estate agent."

The NRA didn't provide a detailed response to questions about the document's terms or its former CFO's signature on it. Mr. Phillips couldn't be reached to comment.

Mr. LaPierre previously has fended off boardroom dissent over earlier revelations about more than $540,000 of clothing and travel expenses that Ackerman picked up for the NRA chief. The NRA has said the costs were justified for buisness reasons.

The NRA ended its contract with Ackerman earlier this year, and the two organizations are embroiled in litigation.

Ackerman recently turned over documents related to the proposed house purchase to the New York attorney general's office, which is probing Mr. LaPierre's dealings with the agency as part of the a broad investigation of the NRA.

Even if we take everything LaPierre and the NRA's other spokespeople said at face value, what was the purpose of all of this convoluted shit in the first place? Which, in turn, supports the point that's been made here before - right or wrong, the NRA needs a good house-cleaning and LaPierre needs to just quietly ride off into the sunset for the sake the the Second Amendment.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The newly revealed document reviewed by the Journal was dated at the time of WBB Investment's formation in May 2018, and was signed by Wilson H. Phillips Jr., the NRA's then-chief financial officer and treasurer. In it, he agreed that the NRA would contribute $6.5 million for 99% ownership of WBB Investments, while an Ackerman entity would contribute $10 for 1% ownership.

Really?!?!
C'mon man, resign already!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. LaPierre previously has fended off boardroom dissent over earlier revelations about more than $540,000 of clothing and travel expenses that Ackerman picked up for the NRA chief. The NRA has said the costs were justified for buisness reasons.
Emphasis added.

If the bold part were true, then why was his employer the NRA not paying for it instead of hiding it on the Ackerman McQueen books? They are not supposed to be paying his salary and expenses.

Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Dictionary; "arrogant" = Wayne Lapierre

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1368 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
In addition to all the previously mentioned criticisms of La Pierre and some of the NRA leadership, it seems to me that the NRA maintaining an organizational presence in New York exposes them to further investigations and probing by a hostile government apparatus hell bent on their destruction.

As frustrating and disappointing as these NRA and La Pierre expenditures are, in the end the members are better off with them coming to light...but only if NRA leadership is willing to take corrective action. There are numerous examples of various gun, ammo, and gear manufacturers abandoning states that are hostile to the 2nd amendment and relocating to friendly states. I understand why the NRA headquarters are located so close to Washington D.C. but I don't understand why they maintain a presence in New York and thus leave themselves vulnerable there.

The NRA leadership needs to do a no Bull Shit assessment, figure out where the failures in leadership, organization, and financial expenditures are, and take action to correct the problems RTFN!

We need the NRA more than ever right now and I don't believe many members believe that they are fully capable of their mission and defending the 2A while distracted by these internal issues.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I do not visit any other gun forum for quite some time now. But I imagine all of them have a similar thread going. How the NRA cannot know how this impacts all of American gun owners is beyond me.

Also: +++LINK+++

A board member of the National Rifle Association called for the organization to clean “its own house” and part ways with CEO Wayne LaPierre in a statement on Wednesday.

Retired Lt. Col. Allen West announced that he is withdrawing support of LaPierre, who also serves as executive vice president, and had previously urged him to resign before the group’s annual meeting in Indianapolis late last month.
“There is a cabal of cronyism operating within the NRA and that exists within the Board of Directors,” West wrote. “It must cease, and I do not care if I draw their angst.”

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
West has had his ups and downs in politics but when he's right, he's right.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think we as NRA members need to do a write-in campaign to the NRA hq itself and not to its fundraising arm

enough is enough

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Interesting article on the front page of today's NYT. The upshot is that LaPierre is supposed to have survived a coup attempt by a very small handful of NRA insiders. No mention of what the membership actually thinks.