SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign Login/Join 
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Here is the text from the only email or anything else I have received from the NRA regarding what is going on in VA.

"As the 2020 legislative session approaches, your NRA team is busy planning events and rallying fellow Second Amendment supporters to fight the Northam/Bloomberg gun ban agenda in Richmond.

Please be on the lookout for postcards and emails with legislative updates and upcoming events to defend and fight for our freedoms here in Virginia. We trust that when called upon, NRA Members throughout the state will show Bloomberg and Northam why we are the most formidable political force in history. Stay Tuned."

You would think they would be rallying the troops, making calls, etc...

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm so sick of LaPierre. Here is his latest hyperbole from the May edition of American Rifleman (arrow added to the idiotic part):

[sarcasm] I'm on pins and needles in anticipation... [/sarcasm]

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Gar-un-damn-teed the letter will be begging for money.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

No way! Are you sure?

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well yes, yes it does. I got mine on Thursday. Saying that the NRA is in dire financial condition....

Well, I believe that it is. But ol' Wayne is one of the big reasons.

As a life long member and 25 year Life Member, and just recently an Endowment Member, and truly believes that the NRA has done good on the 2ndA and has been effective, because if they weren't the GDC wouldn't be after them, and trying to ruin them.

I try to donate to the NRA ILA, but with ol' Wayne LA Pierre still at the helm, I can't bring myself to donate.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
quote:

Well yes, yes it does. I got mine on Thursday. Saying that the NRA is in dire financial condition....

Well, I believe that it is. But ol' Wayne is one of the big reasons.....I try to donate to the NRA ILA, but with ol' Wayne LA Pierre still at the helm, I can't bring myself to donate.

ARman

I understand. Wayne compromised our rights for his fun and pleasure.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well yes, yes it does. I got mine on Thursday. Saying that the NRA is in dire financial condition.
The last time that I received a request for money, I replied with a question: What is LaPierre's total compensation? Salary, bonus, expense account, the whole ball of wax.

That was a couple of years ago. I'm still waiting for an answer.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:....The last time that I received a request for money, I replied with a question: What is LaPierre's total compensation? Salary, bonus, expense account, the whole ball of wax.

That was a couple of years ago. I'm still waiting for an answer.

I had the same experience years ago with my union boss who "assessed" me with a "voluntary" contribution to the union, and who was driving a new, union owned luxury car (actually, his union chauffeur was driving the car).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
He needs to go, yesterday.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
That's an understatement, sir!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, I believe that it is. But ol' Wayne is one of the big reasons.

As a life long member and 25 year Life Member, and just recently an Endowment Member, and truly believes that the NRA has done good on the 2ndA and has been effective, because if they weren't the GDC wouldn't be after them, and trying to ruin them.

I try to donate to the NRA ILA, but with ol' Wayne LA Pierre still at the helm, I can't bring myself to donate.

ARman

Similar feelings.

It's likely WLP's retirement would be a big contribution booster.

One has to wonder...you're filthy rich...many, many, many members want you gone and are withholding financial support to the organization you profess to care about...and yet you're 'Nope, I ain't going...? Roll Eyes

Seriously...

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no doubt Wayne is a megalomaniac who is convinced that the NRA cannot survive without him. It doesn't help that the NRA Board of Directors are a bunch of figureheads with no actual power.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It doesn't help that the NRA Board of Directors are a bunch of figureheads with no actual power.

Yeah... and it's really sad that the only power we have to make a change is to withhold our money.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24105 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
He needs to go, yesterday.

Yup. I find him to be a liability, not an asset, in the cause for the rights of citizens to defend themselves.

Not only is his optics bad but, he's dull, colorless and a bore. Just leave Wayne.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Wayne and his minions need to go before I continue to support the NRA.
The corrupt use of funds beyond their personal income and their sense of entitlement is a slap in the face to millions of donors.

Save your money until they are gone. (seems to be no other way to get the message across)

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
sick of LaPierre [/url]

Hey man,
nice suit.

Mad

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
LaPierre is so strongly attached at the NRA teat. I bet if we were strong enough to rip him away from it, it would sound like disconnecting the trailer brakes on a semi.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if this should be in a separate thread, but I'll start it here:

What do we know about the Second Amendment Foundation? Is that a worthy place for donations that are not going to NRA because Wayne LaPierre?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
It doesn't help that the NRA Board of Directors are a bunch of figureheads with no actual power.

Yeah... and it's really sad that the only power we have to make a change is to withhold our money.
Agreed. As I've posted previously in this thread, having a board of directors (BoD) of 6-dozen people rarely leads to good organizational governance and frankly having 6-dozen BoD members is usually intentional to prevent BoD from having much say on anything (ie too many opinions, too many factions, and too many people with trivial levels of involvement).

For a strong 2A advocate for decades to come, the NRA needs:
  • Wayne to go sooner rather than later
  • BoD governance changes. Chief among them is the reduction in number down to 6 to 12. Divide the country in regions and have each region elect a BoD member
  • Changes in corporate governance and ethics. Audits of contractors, financial transactions moved according to sound accounting principles (as opposed to being moved through 3rd party slush funds), segregation of duties (i.e. nobody can do all 3 in terms of buy, receive, and pay), buy your own damn clothes, pay for your own vacations, limits on gifts receieved by employees and officers, etc.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Let's see. NRA laid off employees, others took a 20% salary cut. Where is Wayne's contribution. How about giving up the Corporate Jet and other perks for the executive class first. That's all money squandered rather than spent directly on our 2nd Amendment rights.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post