SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
I called the NRA, the other day and told them exactly that: nothing more, we want him out and a full audit done. The nice lady who took my call responded as though she had received such a call many times before.

Good call, Frank. While I was outside playing with the dog I thought, "gee, we're all preaching to each other on SF... we need to be calling/writing NRA directly and making sure they know how we feel."

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
I called the NRA, the other day and told them exactly that: nothing more, we want him out and a full audit done. The nice lady who took my call responded as though she had received such a call many times before.

Good call, Frank. While I was outside playing with the dog I thought, "gee, we're all preaching to each other on SF... we need to be calling/writing NRA directly and making sure they know how we feel."

Well, if they keep and log their calls they've known my feelings for some time now. Every time they call for money, which is often, I let them know how I feel. I tell them to find another Charlton Heston and I'll be back in the fold, but until then while LaPierre is at the helm its not going to happen. I can only hope I'm one of many that express the same thing.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I got the impression that my call was indeed logged, by the way the nice lady who took my call and how she acted, as though she were entering the information. One can hope.

Oh, am really considering removing the Big Grin from that line in my signature... was kinda thrilled to have reached this level. It took a while.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
On the last solicitation from NRA to renew my membership, I wrote "I will renew when and only when you fire LaPierre" and sent it back in their envelope.

Strangely, I haven't gotten another request in a while...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
quote:

Well, if they keep and log their calls they've known my feelings for some time now. Every time they call for money, which is often, I let them know how I feel. I tell them to find another Charlton Heston and I'll be back in the fold, but until then while LaPierre is at the helm its not going to happen. I can only hope I'm one of many that express the same thing.

Jim

LaPierre was the operational boss when Heston was the board president (or whatever that position is called).

I think LaPierre should resign, if for no other reason that 30 years is enough. Sort of a term limit.

But I'll still support the NRA.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...I think LaPierre should resign, if for no other reason that 30 years is enough. Sort of a term limit.

But I'll still support the NRA."

That summarizes it well!!!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just got another solicitation letter from the NRA

rather than just toss it, I think a phone call is long past due

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

Give 'em hell.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

If it has a self-addressed, postage paid envelope inside, tape it to a 16" concrete masonry unit (i.e., a cinder block) and take it to the post office.

As for the NRA... I was an NRA Training Counselor. These are the folks that teach would-be instructors.

After the fiasco when the Training Program folks at NRA HQ made major changes to the Basic Pistol course without consulting those most affected by it plus other changes that made me uncomfortable with the program direction, I decided to not renew my credentials.

Now with the LaPierre drama, I'm glad I did.

Wayne LaPierre needs to go. Voluntarily or voluntold. He is new causing damage to the organization.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Not a dime to them until he is completely gone and a full independent audit is completed.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
He has zero ability to think on his feet. Anytime La Pierre appears on screen, he parrots a few things, but can't engage in an actual battle of wits. Since the current debacle and he's probably too old for Toastmasters, he should be sent packing.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I received a solicitation call from the NRA a week or so ago. I'm an endowment member and it was their periodic plea to go up a level for this one time special deal (same deal as last time).

I thanked the lady and asked if Wayne was still CEO. After she responded yes, I told her that the NRA is not getting one thin dime from me while he is employed and asked her to pass along my response.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
With the probable assfucking the good people of VA are going to take from gov blackface’s bill 16, this should be a source of intolerable embarrassment for Wayne LaPriss. Kind of like legislative cuckoldry for a supposedly powerful lobbying group. After all the NRA HQ is in VA. However I bet LaPriss instead of feeling shame and devoting whatever efforts are necessary to gut, blunt or prevent bill 16 from becoming law will instead just use this as an excuse to ask for more $.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Interesting read. I still think LaPierre is a scumbag that needs to go for the good of the NRA.

New York Times article "Inside Wayne LaPierre's battle for the NRA"

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1905 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
With the probable assfucking the good people of VA are going to take from gov blackface’s bill 16, this should be a source of intolerable embarrassment for Wayne LaPriss. Kind of like legislative cuckoldry for a supposedly powerful lobbying group. After all the NRA HQ is in VA. However I bet LaPriss instead of feeling shame and devoting whatever efforts are necessary to gut, blunt or prevent bill 16 from becoming law will instead just use this as an excuse to ask for more $.

As you point out, the NRA is headquartered in Virginia yet I have heard nothing from them about our esteemed governor's plans. All the planned protests and the successful efforts to establish 2nd amendment sanctuary cities and counties, has been the work of the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:

As you point out, the NRA is headquartered in Virginia yet I have heard nothing from them about our esteemed governor's plans. All the planned protests and the successful efforts to establish 2nd amendment sanctuary cities and counties, has been the work of the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

The VCDL, County BOS and the common VA citizens have been doing the heavy lifting, certainly not the overpaid, useless LaPriss.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The VCDL, County BOS and the common VA citizens have been doing the heavy lifting, certainly not the overpaid, useless LaPriss.

I used to view NRA as the powerhouse and VCDL as some kind of sideline group. In the last eight weeks or so, I've seen complete reversal. I haven't heard the first peep from NRA about the upcoming legislation. Whatever NRA / NRA-ILA is doing, right now is the time for them to refocus on the mission.

LaPierre, no LaPierre, right now I don't care. NRA, get your head out of your tail and get to work!

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I used to view NRA as the powerhouse and VCDL as some kind of sideline group. In the last eight weeks or so, I've seen complete reversal. I haven't heard the first peep from NRA about the upcoming legislation. Whatever NRA / NRA-ILA is doing, right now is the time for them to refocus on the mission.

LaPierre, no LaPierre, right now I don't care. NRA, get your head out of your tail and get to work!

There is an actual emergency going on in my state and I haven't heard a peep from NRA. Not even a mass email saying they are aware of the proposals and forming a plan. Fuck them, they aren't getting a penny from me for Wayne's Suit Fund.

Wayne is no different than the Swamp in DC. He needs to go and be replaced with someone with youth and energy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Ironic and particularly egregious when you consider NRA headquarters are actually in VA...

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There is an actual emergency going on in my state and I haven't heard a peep from NRA. Not even a mass email saying they are aware of the proposals and forming a plan. Fuck them, they aren't getting a penny from me for Wayne's Suit Fund.

Wayne is no different than the Swamp in DC. He needs to go and be replaced with someone with youth and energy.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
Interesting read. I still think LaPierre is a scumbag that needs to go for the good of the NRA.

New York Times article "Inside Wayne LaPierre's battle for the NRA"

It appears that Lapierre plans to go down with the ship rather than leave.
Such a shame.
I can no longer support them until him and his partners in crime are gone.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post