SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bucket list Checked off a couple...video link added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bucket list Checked off a couple...video link added Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
I've been coming to biketoberfest in Daytona for a long tome. Always fly. This year I rode down from Ohio. Feels good. What's on your bucket list?

10/19. I got back home yesterday. I left last Saturday morning in the 38 degree morning air. I made it to Savannah that night and Daytona on Sunday. 3 days of watching the beach. Then Wednesday I rode to Robbinsville NC and finally on Thursday I rode the Tail of the Dragon and came home. Around 2150 miles for the week. Here's a look at the tail.

https://gopro.com/v/DzRlJyOqX0MW

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Krazeehorse,

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've had 2 removed from my list.
I wanted to attend a live shuttle launch & wanted to take a flight on Concorde.

A launch is st ill a possibility with SpaceX. Will have to wait for the next SST for the 2nd.

Driving the Nurburgring is close to the top on mine, along with attending the Monaco GP.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Watch the Blue Angels in person
Drive the ALCAN highway

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Set in on a session of the Supreme Court.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Thanks to 2000Z-71 driving the ALCAN is at the top of my bucket list.
It will likely be a couple years before I have fully completed building my Expedition and collecting the appropriate gear for the trip.
Also need to build my vacation hours way back up since I will likely need a month to fully enjoy the entire trip. Since I have a 2000 mile trip just to the starting point.
I think I would like to give it a Winter go but since the wife and kids would likely meet me in Alaska (by air) for a week or so before my return home summer would be the better option.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
tour some of the better national parks out in the western third of the nation.

Go look around Ireland and Scotland

New Zealand would be a cool stretch

Drive a 911 turbo or nice ferrari

retire :-)

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

A launch is st ill a possibility with SpaceX. Will have to wait for the next SST for the 2nd.

Driving the Nurburgring is close to the top on mine, along with attending the Monaco GP.

At least you COULD do the US F1 race, or have you.
I'll be happy to see ANY F1 Race but woulda preferred the pre-hybrid engine days o yore

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My bucket list has a few things in it.

I want to go to Alaska, Drive the ALCAN, and see Yellowstone and Yosemite. I want to go to the Grand Canyon. And I'd love to see a sunset from Key West. I'm sure there are other things I could add as time goes by, but that's it for the most part.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Since I got the big "C" diagnosis my wife and son have been building a bucket list for me.

#1 on my wifes bucket list for me is two weeks running around Italy and then taking a 10 day cruise out of Rome to a bunch of Greek Islands. This will be happening late spring of 2019

#1 on my sons list for me is a Porsche GT3 or Turbo. Not sure where he thinks the money will come from.

#1 on my list is being more intentional in relationships, followed by driving the "Ring" in Germany (which will probably happen in Nov 2018), followed by flying in one of those winged suits (which my wife tells me will only happened after I am gone)

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
tour some of the better national parks out in the western third of the nation.

Go look around Ireland and Scotland

New Zealand would be a cool stretch

Drive a 911 turbo or nice ferrari

retire :-)
Well, I've done the first 3 and have no interest in the last. I've not exhausted the possibilities of the first 2, though, and probably would like to do more. I've been to NZ twice, so am good there.

The US and Canada still offer a lot of possibilities to explore, but at my age I'm probably going to do it all by professional tours any more--no more epic auto trips alone.

Bucket list? The pyramids of Egypt and the Taj Mahal. Political considerations are such that I probably won't live long enough to do either.

One of my previous list items was a hot-air balloon ride. I accomplished that back in 2012 with a ride over Arches National Park:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/...s/72157630939382276/.

For your #1 item, I can recommend this tour: https://www.insightvacations.c...pid-city-summer-2019. I did it in 2009 and it was truly a great experience. Insight uses special coaches that they have modified to give lots more legroom and a decent on-board toilet--you will enjoy their tour. My photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/...s/72157622664139564/.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Not a whole lot on my bucket list.

I want to see some really big waves. Maybe Waimea Bay or Nazare. My problem is I hate flying.

Play golf at Augusta National. This one is proving very difficult. I've gotten to the point of knowing people who know people, but nothing has panned out so far. And my plan to get to Augusta by winning the US Mid-Am to earn a spot in the Masters is going less well.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Scuba diving in Palau.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see NZ myself, but I don't care for traveling and I HATE flying commercial and the money is never gonna happen anyway.

I'd also like to fly in an open cockpit airplane. That could actually happen, there's a "lighthouse tour" out of Bah Hahbah that flies a biplane. Not even horribly expensive, something like $300 for about an hour flight.

I'd like to own and drive a vehicle with a manual transmission again. A Mustang would be nice, but a Miata would do. That's within the realm of possibility.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never made a bucket list, just took things as they came. Got the Grand Prix (Montreal), the Supreme Court session, and the USAF Thunderbirds all done, and I'd encourage anybody thinking about them to do it! All were highly memorable!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swordsmn:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

At least you COULD do the US F1 race, or have you.
I'll be happy to see ANY F1 Race but woulda preferred the pre-hybrid engine days o yore

Last year was my first F1 race (Austin)
Will be heading back to Austin on Thursday for this year's race.

True, the cars are a lot quieter with the V6T, but when that 2 seater (1998 V10) rips around the track Eek

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Ever since I was a little kid (before digital cameras and social media), I've wanted to visit an erupting volcano and take a selfie. Most likely Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.

Oh, and I want to learn to ride a motorcycle.

And learn to dance. That was Dad's advice to me.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine are military:
Catapult shot off the deck of a carrier.
Fly in a B-17.
Fly in a B-52.
Take the PT Boat ride on Lake Pontchartrain.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Get out of the physrehab I'm in after nearly dying of Clostridium difficile.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like a beef chalupa supreme, and a baja blast.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I want to outlive Bill and Hillary Clinton which I think I have a pretty good chance of doing. I'd also like to outlive the Obama's which given the age difference is not likely.

I have some grave pissing I'd like to do before I go to my own! Razz

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post