SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Costco Synthetic Oil
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Costco Synthetic Oil Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Don’t even get me started on the powered doors
The engine and even the trans no problem

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Mobil 1 is good for 20-25k miles, at least in it's original formula back in the 90's (I know it changed at some date for a lower price point). The reason you change sooner is because oil filters don't last that long, not that the oil breaks down.

If you have a way to change the oil and leave the oil in place, you can run much higher duty cycles but filters are cheap so most people just change sooner.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Mobil 1 is good for 20-25k miles, at least in it's original formula back in the 90's (I know it changed at some date for a lower price point). The reason you change sooner is because oil filters don't last that long, not that the oil breaks down.

If you have a way to change the oil and leave the oil in place, you can run much higher duty cycles but filters are cheap so most people just change sooner.

Oil will go indefinitely if it weren't for the hydrocarbons and contaminents that get into the oil and the life of the oil filter.

On large ships such as freighters and cruise ships, they simply run the oil through a centrifuge to spin out all contaminents and they use the oil indefinitely.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post