SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Muslim college student who lied about Trump supporter subway attack pleads guilty
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muslim college student who lied about Trump supporter subway attack pleads guilty Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
http://www.nydailynews.com/new...ty-article-1.3481401

Muslim college student who lied about Trump supporter subway attack pleads guilty

The Muslim college student who lied to cops about getting attacked on the subway by drunken Trump supporters took a plea deal on Friday.

Yasmin Seweid, 19, copped to falsely reporting an incident and disorderly conduct for the bogus claim.

Seweid, of New Hyde Park, L.I., said hate-filled white men harassed her and tried to snatch the hijab off her head during an encounter on the No. 6 train on Dec. 1.

Seweid previously admitted she wasted police resources to cover up for her missed curfew.

She must go through six months of counseling and complete three days of community service.

If Seweid fulfills the terms of her deal, the top charge against her will be tossed and she'll be left with just a violation.

The prosecutor read an apology letter from Seweid.

"I was stupid," the teen wrote. "I plan to continue to find ways to better myself."

She's due back in court in November to update the court on her progress.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
somewhat related...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...car-police-said.html

Dauntarius Williams, 21, admitted to spraying the racist graffiti on his own car that featured racial slurs like “go home,” “date your own kind,” and “die,” the Riley County Police Department said. Authorities decided not to charge the man for filing a false report, saying it would “not be in the best interests of the citizens.” View image on Twitter

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
somewhat related...

Dauntarius Williams, 21, admitted to spraying the racist graffiti on his own car that featured racial slurs like “go home,” “date your own kind,” and “die,” the Riley County Police Department said. Authorities decided not to charge the man for filing a false report, saying it would “not be in the best interests of the citizens.” View image on Twitter

How is it not in the best interests of the public to prosecute this crime? The list of hate hoaxes is so long and growing everyday. It needs to come with real consequences to make it stop. It demeans the rare but very real instances of actual racism to let these false claims go unpunished. It also wastes valuable police resources (even the FBI was dragged into this one) on investigations.

It doesn't have to be a serious felony, but it should come with a hefty fine and community service at a minimum.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think each should be given 10 years in solitary

harsh punishment for the deceitful

why take pity on them or let them off the hook, I'm so tired of this feel-good approach to criminal retribution

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dauntarius Williams

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Is this the hoaxer, who's parents shaved her head after the "incident"???

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a bunch of crap. They need to start punishing these people more severely. They are starting race issues because they want to be a martyr or whatever and this needs to stop. Just goes to show liberals are running the show.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Charge them with a hate crime, because that's what they did.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

Pretty much this!

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
So, what is the ethnicity of these 2 idiots?

Based on the name of the guy, I would speculate that at least he is black. And the female probably also.

Thus, the non-punishment.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup - a faked hate crime is a hate crime in itself.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, end all hate crime designations because they are a terrible, terrible idea. Murder is murder, it doesn't matter whether one was killed for being gay, fat, black, or ugly, for ex...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I agree

a hate crime is simply a contrived crime

all crime is likely based on hate - you caqn't parse the intent on everything

sometimes crime is just crime

punish it accordingly

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it’s because we share stories like this, but does it seem to you that there are more contrived, false stories like this than real ones? I can’t think of the last so-called “hate crime” that was legit.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
His parents should be charged with a hate crime for saddling a brother with that handle....Dauntarius, for fucks sake Roll Eyes

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
This stuff has been going on for years. Simply easier to read about it now.

Took a few reports back in the 70's as a cop in NJ, that ANYONE could tell it was total BS. Usually by a kid who took Mom's car then wrecked it...would report it stolen. Or girls out after curfew, they would report being abducted, or ran away from an attacker, etc.

The bad ones were the folks who implicated an innocent party in an assault, abduction, or worse yet...rape. Had a few of those.

Had a gal go out, have sex with a guy she picked up in a bar. Then reported she'd been raped. Quite a bit of time and manpower wasted on that one. She finally gave up the story and was convicted of False Report to a PO. But got probation.

I'm all for a REAL sentence to these folks.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In shocking news, yet another hate crime was...a hoax.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/...e-his-own-dorm-room/

Air Force Academy cadet wrote racial slur outside his own dorm room

By: Stephen Losey   1 hour ago

One of the five black Air Force Academy preparatory school cadet candidates who had racial slurs written on their dormitory message boards has admitted to writing the slurs, the academy said in a Tuesday statement.

The cadet candidate is no longer a student at the prep school, said Lt. Col. Allen Herritage, spokesman for the academy.

Lt. General Jay Silveria, the superintendent of the Air Force Academy, didn't mince words when responding to an incident where racial slurs were written on a message board at the academy's prep school. His message was simple: If you can't respect others, "get out."

One of the five black Air Force Academy preparatory school cadet candidates who had racial slurs written on their dormitory message boards has admitted to writing the slurs, the academy said in a Tuesday statement.

The cadet candidate is no longer a student at the prep school, said Lt. Col. Allen Herritage, spokesman for the academy.

“Racism has no place at the academy, in any shape or form,” Herritage said. “We will continue to create a climate of dignity and respect for all, encourage ideas that do so, and hold those who fail to uphold these standards accountable.”

The racial slurs were discovered outside the dorm rooms of the black cadet candidates in late September. One cadet candidate’s mother posted a photograph of the slur online and expressed her outrage.

That cadet candidate’s father said in an interview with Air Force Times at the time that he felt the academy was taking the right steps to address the issue, and that he did not see his son as a victim.

“The word has zero power in my house. Zero power,” the father said.

Academy superintendent Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria sternly denounced the slur incident in an address to the entire academy Sept. 28. Video of Silveria’s speech went viral online and was aired extensively on national news networks.

In a forceful speech to the entire Air Force Academy Thursday, Superintendent Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria said there would be zero tolerance for the display of racist attitudes, and urged anyone who disagreed to “get out.”

“Just in case you‘re unclear about where I stand on this topic ... if you can’t treat someone from another race or a different color skin with dignity and respect, then you need to get out,” Silveria said.

The academy said that its investigation into the racial slur incident is now complete, and that it would not discuss further details due to Privacy Act restrictions.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Perhaps it’s because we share stories like this, but does it seem to you that there are more contrived, false stories like this than real ones? I can’t think of the last so-called “hate crime” that was legit.

I've notice that the use of police cams has highlighted how often people lie. Perhaps we're just catching them more?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
somewhat related...

'Dauntarius'? WTF? Hey, gimme the freakin' aerosol and I'LL spray his car - 'WTF did you get that stupid name?'

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
In shocking news, yet another hate crime was...a hoax.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/...e-his-own-dorm-room/

Air Force Academy cadet wrote racial slur outside his own dorm room

By: Stephen Losey   1 hour ago

Lt. General Jay Silveria, the superintendent of the Air Force Academy, didn't mince words when responding to an incident where racial slurs were written on a message board at the academy's prep school. His message was simple: If you can't respect others, "get out."

“Racism has no place at the academy, in any shape or form,” Herritage said. “We will continue to create a climate of dignity and respect for all, encourage ideas that do so, and hold those who fail to uphold these standards accountable.”

The racial slurs were discovered outside the dorm rooms of the black cadet candidates in late September. One cadet candidate’s mother posted a photograph of the slur online and expressed her outrage.

That cadet candidate’s father said in an interview with Air Force Times at the time that he felt the academy was taking the right steps to address the issue, and that he did not see his son as a victim.

“The word has zero power in my house. Zero power,” the father said.

Academy superintendent Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria sternly denounced the slur incident in an address to the entire academy Sept. 28. Video of Silveria’s speech went viral online and was aired extensively on national news networks.

In a forceful speech to the entire Air Force Academy Thursday, Superintendent Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria said there would be zero tolerance for the display of racist attitudes, and urged anyone who disagreed to “get out.”

“Just in case you‘re unclear about where I stand on this topic ... if you can’t treat someone from another race or a different color skin with dignity and respect, then you need to get out,” Silveria said.

The academy said that its investigation into the racial slur incident is now complete, and that it would not discuss further details due to Privacy Act restrictions.

Thanks for posting. This was a big deal in the AF, and I was forced to listen to Gen Silveria’s speech numerous times and then listen to other folks talk about it. Frankly a lot of time was spent by the system using this incident as proof that racism is alive and well in the service. Now that it’s proven fake, I’ll be waiting right here for my apology from the General....

But I empathize with his position. If he didn’t get out in front of this story the moment it was reported, we’d have BLM protesting that his failure to condemn the act proves he is part of the racist system. So he gives both barrels to the make believe perpetrator, and us white dudes spend a month attending commanders calls listening to folks talk about how real and widespread this problem is. We can’t win- don’t condemn and the bad press intolerable, condemn and innocent people bear guilt for nothing.

I’m probably not describing this well. What I’m getting at is this incident in the USAF is a microcosm of why the election of DJT is so important. Trump doesn’t give in to the bullshit pressure to abide by political correctness. They call him racist, he laughs, proves he isn’t by his actions, and doesn’t let it get him down. That’s the only way to break the stranglehold of PC that is suffocating the country, and none of the military leaders have been brave enough to do it.

I’m sure JALLEN or SDY could say what I’m trying to say more succinct and eloquently!

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post