SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Storm Door Recommendations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storm Door Recommendations? Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted
I need new storm doors all over my house. I went to Lowes and was pleasantly surprised that the prices seemed reasonable. A few hundred bucks for what looked to be a nice dor. Another hundred or so for installation. The brand was Larson. The guy said they make Pellas doors. I'm not certain that these are good, or if there much better ones out of the big box chains?

Thought maybe someone here might have some insight.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed a Larson storm door on my house 16 years ago. Zero issues, is on main entrance, used multiple times every day.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bossman!

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Larson or Andersen. I know Andersen has a lifetime warranty, not sure about Larson. I do know that knock off replacement parts fit Larson but Andersen seems proprietary.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed a Larsen for my mom last year. Well built, solid storm door. I'd have no qualms putting one of those on my house if I needed one.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with my Larson other than the hardware on the outside is fading after less than a year.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have four Larson storm doors on my house from Lowes and they have never given me a bit of trouble. I would highly recommend them.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
I have a Larson as well in which I cut out a dog door. Installed it myself -- took a few hours to figure out everything. If I were to do it again, I'd have Lowe's do it (I think they change ~$100). The door otherwise has been great. No complaints.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had lowes install the last one for me. It's just not worth the aggravation. $100.00 for a job like that is well worth the money.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Larson security storm doors. They have been working great for 5 years now. Larson makes a very good product.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post