SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rode a motorcycle for the first time in 12 years today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rode a motorcycle for the first time in 12 years today Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have a current MC license.
I haven't ridden in 40 years.
I am dying to ride again.
My wife says NO.
Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I stayed off bike from 2003 to 2011. When I stopped riding I was the biggest threat to myself. When I got back on again in 2011, the biggest threat is the a-hole on their phone. It does come back relatively fast, but I ride better the more I ride. I had a shoulder injury that kept me off the bike a season and when I got back there was some definite rust. I’ve been riding a lot more this year, and enjoying the heck out of the my bike.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I miss it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Against my wife’s wishes I bought a motorcycle the last day I was in my 20’s. It was a hell of a birthday present and kicked off quite an addiction. The wife still HATES motorcycles but my love for them has only grown. It’s one of my finest addictions.....a spirited ride on a first gen YZF-R1 is like nothing else. The howl of the flatplane crank engine, the raw acceleration and top end hit is absolutely intoxicating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
My wife says NO.
Frown

I don't have the MC endorsement, but that wouldn't be hard. <Thinking...> It's probably about 40 years since I last rode, too.

And, yeah: Push-back from my wife was one of the things that caused me to give up the idea a few years back, too.

But... That Honda Monkey we were talking about recently. I mentioned that and she did not freak out. So when they get here, maybe I'll mosey on over to a Honda MC dealership and take a look.

It's more like a scooter on steroids, y'know? Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
if you are going to get into riding again, take a MSF certified course, there are independent schools, most HD dealers have the school at the dealer and provide bikes.

Its worth it to get reacquainted with all the rules, procedures, and some refresher training.

Good for you if you want to get back into motorcycles,

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That new Honda is a funky monkey. I really like it. Something small, retro styled with a small engine would be a hoot to ride around town. Honda claims it gets 157 miles per gallon. Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
My wife says NO.
Frown

That's one of the reasons why I never remarried.

I've ridden motorcycles since 1964 and no wife/GF is going to tell me I can not.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post