SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have the skinny on Braun 7 replacement heads?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have the skinny on Braun 7 replacement heads? Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted
I have had a series 7 electric shaver for years now. I've always kept a spare head here in case of a dropped razor breaking the foil/head, then I change them when they wear out. So my question is, where are all the replacement heads???

None at Bed Bath, Target, WM, and even Amazon has either been out or charging $70 and up for what should be around $40. Anyone here in the brain trust knows whats going on?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the answer, but would sure like to know! I've been overdue for a blade change for several months.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I think three words for the absence of Series 9 and more recently Series 7 heads, along with frequently the shavers themselves, or replacement heads costing more than the shavers: Procter and Gamble. Allow me to recommend Panasonic and Philips Norelco.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Braun could use one as well. To Doc H, I used a Norelco for years but can honestly say the Braun does a much better shave on my face. With the Norelco, my 5 o'clock shadow would show up around noon most days, not so with the Braun.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
I was confused when I opened this thread and saw the $70 price tag, thank goodness I had this on my Subscribe and Save from Amazon. Scored one last month for $38. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out for replacements. A couple guesses on why the shortage - their manufacturing facility could have been tooled for something else for a while and they will eventually make more. Or it could be they are planning on a new product that will use a different type of head - so instead of selling replacement heads for the 7, they make you buy a new model.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Braun was a subsidiary of Gillette until 2007, Gillette was acquired by Proctor and Gamble in 2005, and De Longhi has manufactured Proctor and Gamble small appliances since 2012. In case you were wondering about legendary German craftsmanship. Replacement heads for their newest 9 Series shavers have been sparsely or unavailable for more than a year, now spilling over to other products. Resulting unavailability has driven costs for 9 Series heads to more than the cost of the shavers frequently, if they can be found. In this interval, an entire new 9 Series has appeared, with equally unavailable replacement parts. A Braun electric shaver user for decades, including almost every series they made, it appears to me that there is something seriously amiss with their (Braun, P&G, Gillette, De Longhi) current business model. It's as if Wal-Mart acquired SIG, and stopped producing springs, slides, frames, barrels or magazines. Caveat Emptor.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So just checked online and see these readily available, including of all places Best Buy for $41, so they don't seem to be unattainable at all.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
True, Series 7 replacement parts generally not a problem, but more variable now from being universally available everywhere once. Series 9, not so much....

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Same here. I went back to blade and shaving cream.
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I don't have the answer, but would sure like to know! I've been overdue for a blade change for several months.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
So just checked online and see these readily available, including of all places Best Buy for $41, so they don't seem to be unattainable at all.

I really appreciate the post and checked here. It says "We're sorry. This item is not available for pickup within 250 miles of 18071." and site also says not available for shipping." So for me it's still an issue.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:

I really appreciate the post and checked here. It says "We're sorry. This item is not available for pickup within 250 miles of 18071." and site also says not available for shipping." So for me it's still an issue.

It's not just your area. I got the same response.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post