SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell me about the later model Honda Pilot.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about the later model Honda Pilot. Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I've had a 2004 (my ex has now and it's at 200,000+ miles and still going strong) a 2006 and my current vehicle, a 2012 that I bought last year. I've put 30K miles on my 2012 and now have 80K on it and love it. I drive Honda exclusively and will keep this one for another few years and then upgrade again and probably give this one to my boys since they'll he driving in 2.5 - 3 years.

For me the Pilot is very convenient for groceries, camping, fishing or taking a bunch of people. The middle and 3rd row are passable for an average(I wouldn't want to ride in the 3rd row on a long trip but for short rides it's not bad.) I drive 30 miles each way to/from work daily and I am very comfortable and feel very safe, especially in the snow and ice we get up here.

One last thing, MPG - I average 21 - 22 MPG and can go close to 400 miles on a tank.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our 2010 has been ok...nothing stellar. We are at 140k and, as others have stated, replaced the water pump at 100k. I wish I could say that’s the only thing, but I’d be lying. So far we have replaced/repaired:

Front suspension...twice
Rear suspension
Multiple emissions codes that dealer can’t figure out
Timing has gone out/off
...and list goes on...

When it runs, it runs well...but once things start to happen, it’s been a PITA. We’ve battled the dealership, Honda Corporate over warranty issues...even had to threaten legal action when they refused to honor or acknowledge one of their own TSB and recalls.

Our luck and experience with Toyota has been a totally different story.

Posts: 715 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post