SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Walmart shoplifter says customer ‘should be punished’ for tackling him
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walmart shoplifter says customer ‘should be punished’ for tackling him Login/Join 
posted
This is beyond the pale. Where do they get clowns like this guy? Here is the story with video. He did appear squished{LOL}.
GREENFIELD, Wis. — A customer at a Wisconsin Walmart tackled Christopher Simpson as he was trying to walk out of the store with stolen video games and held him down until police arrived. Simpson said he's sorry for what he did but he wants to know: did he need to be tackled over it - or was that a job better left to police?

Security footage obtained by WITI shows Simpson getting tackled as he tried to leave the Walmart.

"Me and my girlfriend decided to steal some video games from the place, and I was the one to walk out with them and she was to come out behind me," Simpson said. "I'm unemployed and I guess I needed the money, or the merchandise or whatever, but that's no excuse for my criminal behavior."

Simpson admits to shoving ten to 15 video games in his coat valued at $275. He tried to fly by a security officer.

"One thing led to another and he threw me into the Redbox machine and busted that," Simpson said.

A shopper, and former high school football defensive lineman, made the tackle.

"I hit the floor with my head and basically after that he put me down and he laid on top of me. I could barely breathe," said Simpson.

Simpson has a lengthy criminal record but says it's the first time he's ever tried to steal.

"I was just trying to make it out of there alive. I don't know what possessed this guy to do this," Simpson said.

The shopper held Simpson in place until police arrived.

"The suspect said he was going to have me arrested for assaulting him," Mark Hammer, the man that tackled Simpson, said. "I told him well I'm not assaulting you I'm just holding you until the cops get here."

"I think what he did was wrong and he should be punished for it," Simpson said.

Simpson was treated for a bumped head and possible bruised ribs before being taken to jail. He's now out on bond.

"This would've turned out differently if I was seriously injured because he wouldn't have walked away clean," Simpson said.

Simpson's girlfriend was also cited for retail theft.

"We're trying to find jobs right now so we don't do things like this," Simpson said.

Greenfield police do not condone taking the law into your own hands. Simpson was charged with one misdemeanor count of retail theft and pleaded not guilty.

LINK : https://wgntv.com/2018/12/13/a...ed-for-tackling-him/

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Dirtbag for sure. But, I sure won't tackle any shitheads for shoplifting. Ain't my properties. No one's life was in danger. Let the damn store deal with it. These kinds of stores probably have the policy to fire their employees, if they try to do the same. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

"We're trying to find jobs right now so we don't do things like this," Simpson said.

Yeah, cause God knows you can't survive without necessities like video games. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for the guy that tackled him!!!!!! Don't want the ramifications of stealing, then don't steal snowflake.

Of course he has no money but it somehow out on bond!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simpson has a lengthy criminal record but says it's the first time he's ever tried to steal.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greenfield police do not condone taking the law into your own hands.

Why not? It is the law afterall, and while sometimes not advisable, neither is always sitting there and waiting on the government to save us all.

Perhaps the next time this shoplifter is out considering shoplifting, he'll fondly recall what happened to him the last time.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

Scratch that off the career list, he's not good at that either.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Dirtbag for sure. But, I sure won't tackle any shitheads for shoplifting. Ain't my properties. No one's life was in danger. Let the damn store deal with it. These kinds of stores probably have the policy to fire their employees, if they try to do the same. Roll Eyes

I happen to enjoy fucking with shitheads. It’s one of life’s few pleasures.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Whining on camera that you did steal merchandise valued at $275 isn't helping your defense counsel. So don't shine when you get sent to the gray bar and stripped jumpsuit hotel, dipshit.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Seems he was helping out a store employee:
“He tried to fly by a security officer.
"One thing led to another and he threw me into the Redbox machine and busted that," Simpson said.
A shopper, and former high school football defensive lineman, made the tackle.”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Seems like Walmart is the place to shop around here if you don't have any money. They steal like crazy and Walmart just watches them walk out.

Stealing is big at Home Depot here too. About a month ago two women videoed two guys loading down the car with all kinds of stuff in the parking lot. One putting stuff in the trunk and the other filling up the back seat. The trunk wouldn't shut it was so full. The jumped in the car and drove off. No plate on the car.

I have to show a service connected VA ID card to get a 10% discount but they can walk out with anything they want.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This is the mentality that most people don't understand. People like this believe that they are fully justified in breaking the law, and anyone who stops them is wrong and should be charged with a crime for doing so.

Hypocrisy without bounds.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Electric bleechers!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Greenfield police do not condone taking the law into your own hands.

Why not? It is the law afterall, and while sometimes not advisable, neither is always sitting there and waiting on the government to save us all.

Perhaps the next time this shoplifter is out considering shoplifting, he'll fondly recall what happened to him the last time.

This. Why does every good Samaritan story end with a caveat from the PD that says "Don't do our job"? Why can't they just take the assist, say thanks, and say "Crime doesn't pay!" I get tired of the PR person always ending with a statement that acts like everybody that helps them is a vigilante.

Does EMS say to the person who provides CPR, "Don't do it. Call us!" How about the FD. They don't scold the public for putting out fires. But the cops just hate it when someone sits on a shoplifter. I don't get it. BTW, both of those activities, providing medical aid and putting out a fire, have potential risks.

"Somebody might get hurt!" Yea, I know. Perhaps we're already aware of that. When the detectives are asking what happened down in the hood, they feel that justice is more important than a witness' safety. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-cop. I just wish they'd stop being so territorial, and graciously accept the posse's help.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was helping the security guard from a deadly threat

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're trying to find jobs right now so we don't do things like this," Simpson said.

He doesn’t do what he got caught at, and admitted to doing? Kid doesn’t even know how to lie.

Confused

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Whining on camera that you did steal merchandise valued at $275 isn't helping your defense counsel. So don't shine when you get sent to the gray bar and stripped jumpsuit hotel, dipshit.

I bet he plead guilty saying he had a drug addiction and that is why he stole and did time served.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Yeah, cause God knows you can't survive without necessities like video games. Roll Eyes

You know, if I see somebody boosting staple, non-luxury food items, I "dintseenuffin." Stealing items like alcohol, cigarettes or the above-mentioned video games, well, I'm not sure exactly what I'd do, but I'd at least try to report it.

Posts: 27945 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post