SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My father-in-law died suddenly this morning
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My father-in-law died suddenly this morning Login/Join 
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Peace be with you and your family.

Back from burning bridges, made lots of friends.

Posts: 1997 | Location: The commonwealth of the saftey pin..  | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
So very sorry to hear that, prayers sent.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3435 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this. We are sending up some prayers for you and your family.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Central Iowa | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 751 | Location: Space, the final frontier. | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of countryboy
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for your family.

Posts: 5235 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your family's loss. Sorry it took me a few days to see it also...

I seem to recall that you appreciated well wishes and prayers, I am thinking of you and your family in such a way this evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagon, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.GreatLandMissions.org
www.GLVS.org

Posts: 12281 | Location: On the Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I want to say thank you to each of you. I've read every post.

I think the Buddhists may have it right when they say that life is suffering, We come into this world kicking and screaming and sometimes end the same way, and in between there is hope/fear, love/hate, passion, desire, worry, hunger and so forth. The Buddhists have a remediation for this, but which I am not prepared to do.

The fact that every living thing dies tells me that there must be - must be- something beyond all of this.

Again, thanks to each of you.

I also want to add that in the moments after my wife received the news of her fathers death, I have never felt more tenderly towards another human being as I did toward my wife at that moment. It's impossible to describe. Words are entirely inadequate.

To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory. ― Pierre Corneille

Posts: 76178 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family Para.

When I lost mu father, it was the most life jarring reality check for me.
I now have a completely different outlook on life, and appreciate those that are close to me, as I value my own life.

I can only offer those sympathies, as a path I have traveled, that I sincerely bid you peace.

Posts: 4142 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better lucky than good
Picture of r2mach1
posted Hide Post
My condolences, sir.

Class III FFL/SOT firearms dealer

SIG Sauer's highest volume NAPA Auto Parts store! Wink

Posts: 3545 | Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences on your family's loss.

Posts: 4189 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.

I am happy though that you had a great relationship with your father-in-law. It is something inspiring and something that I wish more of us could achieve in life and relationships.

MAGA ... Keep On Trumpin'!

Posts: 4264 | Location: South Carolina, finally! | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hit me with the
high beams, baby
Picture of wheeler10k
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, been through it with both my in laws. Consoling my wife through this time had the same effect on me, and I send prayers and consolation your way para.

Posts: 980 | Location: Fortune's Happy Acre | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davea
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. Be strong. You'll be in my prayers tonight.

Posts: 255 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post

John

Posts: 670 | Location: NW Fl | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't really talked about it much but the week before New Years I was at a good friends family ranch and his father dropped dead in front of us. 68 years old, he was a doctor, and had a massive heart attack. No noise no nothing, got up said he was tapped out and going to bed, walked about 15 steps and dropped. He was like a second father to me. I had to start chest compressions and we were not able to revive him. To say I know how you feel is a cliche thing but take solace in the good things, that's the only thing that has made it bearable for us.

Posts: 787 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Condolences to you and yours.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 4781 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

quote:
I also want to add that in the moments after my wife received the news of her fathers death, I have never felt more tenderly towards another human being as I did toward my wife at that moment. It's impossible to describe. Words are entirely inadequate.

I think I experienced something similar with my wife when her mother died.

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 11087 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4003 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of ST3 Rock
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

Posts: 9270 | Location: Cecil County MD | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Para,my deepest sympathies... I too have an excellent relationship with in-laws and their passing weighs heavy on the heart.

Sincerely
Billy

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 6461 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post