SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My father-in-law died suddenly this morning
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My father-in-law died suddenly this morning Login/Join 
Road Kill
Picture of Wyatt_jr
posted Hide Post
Parabellum,
I'm so sorry for the bad news. Peace for your family.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Chester County, PA | Registered: March 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

I too was blessed with wonderful in-laws and we lost my mother-in-law in 2016.

I'm not sure which is more difficult, an unexpected death where nobody gets a chance to say goodbye or "I love you" one last time, or a lingering death where the family has to witness the suffering of a loved one.

I know how hard it has been on my wife to have lost her mother. You and your wife are in my thoughts today.

Posts: 12367 | Location: The Edge of the Ozarks | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
My condolence

We need like some name tags with our picture on it, all laminated and what not. I mean, we gotta look legit man.

Posts: 7332 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent to you and the family Para, very sorry for your loss. Frown

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4182 | Location: New York | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
So very sorry Para....I've been through it and it's very tough when your wife is so devastated.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Auburn, Washington | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Tragic. Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 4970 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
My condolences Para to you and the family

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3724 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this.
Thoughts and prayer are with you and the family!

Posts: 442 | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family

Posts: 1920 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Truly sorry for your loss.

Jaycat

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 837 | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Para, my condolences to you, your wife, and all of your family. Praying for you all.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 1169 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I logged back in today so I could post how sorry I was for you loss sir.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1721 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 5706 | Location: Kihei, Maui | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HERITAGE
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss Para. Prayers for your father-in-law and those he was close to. I know I'm going to be in those same shoes some day because my in-laws are a blessing.

Posts: 250 | Location: MI | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Very sorry for you and the entire family.

I lost my Dad to sudden cardiac arrest the day he was released from a week long stay in the hospital.

When two of my Dad's nurses asked what he was going to do first, he said going dancing ~ then danced with them before getting wheeled out by the Corpsmen.

Posts: 2202 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for your loss. It must be doubly difficult what it comes suddenly out of the blue.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 17549 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Very sorry Para.
I hope the family is holding up okay.

Escape is not always the safest path.

Posts: 1002 | Location: central nj | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your Family.

Posts: 464 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
posted Hide Post
My prayers go out to you and your family.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is.

Posts: 7610 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this sorrow has come into your family. Add my voice to the others as I offer my support.

____

I'm a bad shot and no matter how nice the gun...I'm still a bad shot.

Posts: 405 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post