SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My father-in-law died suddenly this morning
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 25

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My father-in-law died suddenly this morning Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
He was out walking and had a heart attack. He had no ID on him and the sheriff's department had to identify him and inform my mother-in-law. My wife is inconsolable, as is her mother and my sister-in-law.

He was 80 years old. I know some people don't get along with their in-laws, but I've been blessed. They are truly kind and gentle people. I will miss him very much.

Complete sadness in our home today

Posts: 76311 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with you and the family. Frown

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Nothing I can say except that I understand and will keep all in my good thoughts and prayers.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2267 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this and I will say a prayer for your family and you.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this! Prayers for your family, Para.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 11949 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beer Me!
Picture of Copefree
posted Hide Post
That is terrible to hear.

Posts: 3779 | Location: Seattle, Warshington | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 940 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. Prayers sent for your family.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4451 | Location: RI….again…. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
My condolences, sincerely.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 432 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frown

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 13270 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig226fan
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this sad news. Prayers for your father in law and your family.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 597 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry! Sudden death is hard to deal with and all I can offer are my prayers and sympathy. Lost my father when I was 19 just before Christmas due to heart attack so know a part of your loss at least. My prayers are with your wife, you and your family.

"Ultima Ratio Regum"
Life Member NRA
Member Washington Arms Collectors
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with.'

Posts: 356 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
prayers sent

Posts: 1244 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have in-laws that I think the world of. Prayers to you and your family.

Jim

Posts: 793 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Please accept my condolences.

Now here's something we hope you'll really like.

Posts: 18041 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to hear this.

My condolences sir.

Posts: 1820 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Condolences to all your family. My in-laws are likewise.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 6384 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Para. Prayers sent to you and your family.

Posts: 305 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
You have our sincerest condolences.

Before there was man, the parrot ruled the world. Now man rules the world and the parrot has not forgiven - Native American Proverb.

Posts: 37549 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post