SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New policy recommends police officers fire 'warning shots' in serious situations
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New policy recommends police officers fire 'warning shots' in serious situations Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
the IACP, when they aren't giving each other awards, has NEVER stood up for, or trusted, street cops. They have also never been strong advocates for the 2nd Amendment.

They aren't even a "weak" advocate of 2A.
The only time I ever hear of the IAPC is when they actively support a new ban or anti-2A law. They never met a more strict gun law they didn't like.

Quite unlike most street cops who know that firearms in honest people's hands aren't the problem.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a time when the Army pushed for us to use warning shots in Afghanistan and Iraq. It was an awful idea there (one that I never followed) and an even worse idea in America. This will result in innocent people getting shot from officers in tense situations firing warning shots instead of using lethal force justifiably.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
The first two loaded rounds should be blanks.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2408 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The IACP is based in Virginia. The department profiled in the story is Troy Michigan, a more affluent suburb of Metro Detroit. I'm guessing the local news picked up on his, thought it would make a juicy story and pedaled over to Troy for the expected reaction. They showcased this for a week before doing the story.

As far as I'm concerned, officers already fire a warning shot. It is aimed center of mass and carries the message STOP.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This bit of stupidity was on a local evening newsertainment broadcast last night. Interviewed some honest-to-God real police officers. Summary of opinion of such officers: Stupid idea.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
In an urban environment, how in the hell can you fire warning shots?

There is no safe place to put shots in the city other than maybe a brick wall or something similar. A car, a home, in the air, the asphalt? I don't think so!!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Wow there is a lot of stupid going on in that organization!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Warning shot Confused...maybe center mass if the situation deems it necessary...I'm good with that.

Agreed.....headshots for when you mean business.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whenever I read something like "International Association of Chief" something, I immediately picture fat belly lazy ass bureaucrats who care about nothing except padding their retirement packages, and how they look in front of the camera. They are fucking politicians.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imbeciles... because Moron was already used!!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post