SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tonight Show Tribute to Johnny Carson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tonight Show Tribute to Johnny Carson Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Stumbled upon this wonderful tribute that Jay Leno did when Johnny died. It's about 20 minutes long, but if you liked Carson half as much as I did, you'll enjoy every minute of it.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I miss Johnny.

The funny thing for me is going back and watching clips now that I'm older I can see the politics and adult humor much more.

He got away with a lot of thinly veiled racy stuff...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
I miss Johnny.

The funny thing for me is going back and watching clips now that I'm older I can see the politics and adult humor much more.

He got away with a lot of thinly veiled racy stuff...

It was the double entendre jokes. Where if you had half a brain you got the joke. Not overtly crude though.

Posts: 4738 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Yep, he was the best.

Leno was ok but this latest batch of goons are unwatchable.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rarely missed a Johnny Carson show, from the day he started until his retirement. Leno, despite the excellent job he did as Carson's stand-in, didn't hold my attention longer than his first week, sorry to say.

And I agree with mcrimm that everybody since then has been unwatchable. Especially Letterman, who my girlfriend liked to watch. An arrogant and despicable person with a low IQ.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Great stuff. Thank you.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Johnny Carson could laugh with anyone and make them feel at ease. Letterman could laugh at anyone at make them want to run away.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I still watch the reruns of Johnny on Antenna TV.

He was the best, and it brings back good memories.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post