SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are we Alone in the all of Space ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are we Alone in the all of Space ? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Forgive me, but to think that this unfathomably vast universe was created for the humans on this planet is preposterous.

If you think the Universe is approximately 6000 years old, there's no more to say. If, however, you accept the current estimate of the age of the Universe at 13.5 billions years, then one begins to wonder why it took 13.48 billion years for Man to show up.

We are one tiny rock in the vast gulf of space. You cannot imagine- no one can- how vast is the Universe. The Earth has all the right conditions for life to initiate and evolve so, life took hold, and evolved. Simple. Any gardener can explain it to you.

Does God exist? Certainly. Leibniz's PEQ and St. Thomas Aquinas' Prime Mover are my assurances of this. Rest assured, though, that all of this wasn't created just for Man. Heck, at the rate we're going, we may not be around much longer anyway. We're angry apes with atom bombs. That's a recipe for disaster.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post