SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dan Rather called Roger Waters a Rock God...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dan Rather called Roger Waters a Rock God... Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I figure Rather doesn't know a rock from a star.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send Dan back to covering hurricanes. He started this weather as entertainment. He loved using his folksy Texas euphamisms.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He likes telling everyone he is a Texan. I like some of the interviews - Gene Simmons. Could do with never seeing Dan again

Posts: 1400 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuckRogers2000:
I think Pink Floyd lost part of its soul, when Waters left. I have albums of both, post break up.

I love Floyd for the music and Waters for the thoughtful lyrics. I have to admit, Waters sometimes reminds me of a cat in heat at points.

Awesome artists, not gods.

I think Pink Floyd lost most of their soul when Sid Barrett left (crashed). "Shine On You Crazy Diamond," indeed.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of people are letting their hatred of Waters' politics cloud their opinion.

Pink Floyd being better after he left is legitimately laughable.

Pink Floyd needs Waters and Gilmore.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Rather...the Father of Fake News

Dmac

Posts: 22 | Location: Coastal Massachusetts | Registered: July 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I tried to watch one of his interviews, can't stand the guy

however I'm recording all of the Rock Legends shows and while less in depth, far more entertaining

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I would agree that Pink Floyd NEEDS Gilmour, but they've done quite well without Waters

but its moot now that Wright has passed away and Mason is no longer touring

I've never been a fan of Waters, mostly because of his persona but also because of his attitude towards the fans that made him wealthy

and we won't bring up his spitting on fans during a show

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I can guess why Rather loves Waters. His concert images-

picupload

He made his hatred of Trump into his "art" Roll Eyes . Fuck Waters.

Seems like the headline of Mr. Waters show isn't Mr. Waters - it's Mr. Trump !!!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post