SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More layoffs for the social justice warriors at ESPN
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More layoffs for the social justice warriors at ESPN Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Not nearly enough AFAIC. I'd love to see that place disappear altogether.

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...ffs-report-says.html

The good part is that these idiots are so blind, they have no clue as to what's actually going on with their has-been channel.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone follows Clay Travis he has been an absolute thorn in the side of ESPN for the last year or so. He predicted these cuts and ESPN adamantly denied it several months ago. There's no avoiding it now.

Their President John Skipper is a flaming liberal scumbag. I hope they crash and burn sooner rather than later.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I remember speculation last year that Disney would sell ESPN if ratings and subscribers continue to diminish. Maybe Viacom / B.E.T. could buy them Razz

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
They just could not help themselves. Maybe the few left will hear the sucking sound just before they all exit down the drain.

Dilly, dilly! Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Another for the clueless file, the networks think NFL ratings are down because there’s too many games on TV. Big Grin

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
It makes me smile when the liberal's chickens come home to roost. I think that 2018 will be another satisfying year in that regard.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
In other news, wasn't this the company that was going to save the world according to the liberals protesting any petroleum production?

quote:
Tesla lays off hundreds of SolarCity employees as part of broader housecleaning

https://www.theverge.com/2017/...off-firing-elon-musk

The Tesla management is taking heat for their underhanded way of conducting these layoffs. I guess years of massive spending with no chance of turning a profit is biting them in the ass. sounds like typical government thinking.

quote:
Tesla employees detail how they were fired, claim dismissals were not performance related

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/1...-allege-layoffs.html

Goodell always has been an idiot but now he rides the league right into the crapper.

quote:

The NFL's once-golden network TV numbers continue to drop.

NFL games averaged 15.1 million viewers through Week 7, according to Nielsen data obtained by Sporting News. That's down 5.1 percent from 15.87 million viewers during the same period last season and off 18.7 percent from 18.35 million viewers during the same period in 2015.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Espn being one one of the oldest cable channels has a sweet deal. Something on the order of $5 per month of your cable bill goes directly to espn. With so many people "cutting the cord " as they say, espn better figure out a way to make due with less

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Good Mr rscalzo:

I suggest you lay off Tesla/Solar City, ie, Elon Musk. After all Musk is too busy working on a high speed train from NY to LA, a passenger rocket that goes from NY to Shanghai in 39 minutes, and preparing us to live underground on Mars when conservatives ruin planet Earth. To ask for Tesla/Solar city to actually turn a profit for one quarter a decade is too much. Wink

(Which really means I agree with all you say).

Seems to me likely ESPN/NFL et al may well continue to collapse, the whole while they will deny the cause of their demise. And if you deny the cause/eliminate the correct solution, whatever you do instead will fail.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Espn being one one of the oldest cable channels has a sweet deal. Something on the order of $5 per month of your cable bill goes directly to espn. With so many people "cutting the cord " as they say, espn better figure out a way to make due with less
Looks like $6.10 subscriber fee going up a bunch more in 2018.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news hopefully. Smile Hopefully even more after that. Big Grin

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
It's been pretty obvious for a while now that they are more of an agenda driven network than a sports driven network.

I went to Fox Sports a while back and haven't missed ESPN one bit.

And yes, Clay Travis has been all over this for a while now. When you promote skin color over talent, it will eventually affect your business.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Yep. When ESPN decided to become the SJW channel instead of covering sports that was enough for me. I have converted to Fox sports as well.

Good riddance.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
ESPN won't hit rock bottom until they rehire Keith Olbermann.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
The NFL is going to be in a terrible position to negotiate their next TV deal. That means less money for everyone involved. Soon that will start filtering down to the players salaries. When their union goes gag over that eventually there will be a lockout.

You will have hundreds of somewhat rich thugs stating that they are the reason the fans watch. That will be countered by 32 mostly pretty smart billionaires. The players will threaten to start their own league. If I'm one of the 32 I tell them to knock themselves out. It is a lot easier for 32 to be resolute than 100's of players.

However, I think the NFL needs to lose their antitrust exemption.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Listening to SI Sports Media host Richard Deitsch, is amazing to hear all these talking heads discuss all the possibilities except for one. The one of course, they completely dismiss as being a loud but, very small minority, who's impact is miniscule. Deitsch epitomizes the leftist media and their established support system, minimizing Jamelle Hill but, excoriating Schilling, Sage Steele and Linda Cohen. One look at his Twitter feed will give you an idea of who's water he carries. Would love to by a fly on the wall if/when Bob Ley (ESPN's biggest conservative BTW) goes off on Deitsch and ESPN's Skipper.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post