SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Springfield Armory still in the doghouse?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Springfield Armory still in the doghouse? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
Or have they redeemed themselves with their statements of remorse?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I've not seen any remorse. Besides the damage is done now isn't it?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Huh??

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Huh??

You really didn't hear about this?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/4860044324/p/1

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they still are. They fucked up and are now trying to repair the damage.
My LGS has pretty much said to Hell with them and have all the SA pistols on sale with ridiculous prices. They want them out and have said they won't get anymore in.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HELL YES!

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say yes. But they can recover.

Other manufacturers (Smith and Wesson, Ruger, etc) have committed 2A PR disasters and survived / turned the page.

It will take awhile but IMO they will get back on the right track.

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Update from Massachusetts.....

Springfield armory can thank the Mass AG for handing down a re-interpretation of the MA AWB...Which has caused, Springfield M1A rifles to become all the rage these days.

[Why: they fall outside the definition of a copy cat assault weapon...no pistol grip, no DI system.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live 12 miles away , and I really really like my XD 9mil,
but there are so many comparable guns on the market , I choose NOT to purchase from them as they are trying to support the lying, cheating and thieving that is illinois government

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I still haven't forgiven S&W. Even Ruger gets the stink eye though I will buy one. Will only buy an S&W before 2000

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post