SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Francisco Human Waste Map
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Francisco Human Waste Map Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
The graphic attached to this story is a great visual of what Leftist policies have done to SF.

------------------------

Mapping San Francisco's Human Waste Challenge - 132,562 Cases Reported In The Public Way Since 2008

Adam Andrzejewski

https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...C-yEYN4#6c8940b45ea5

----------------------------------

----------------------------------
Mapping San Francisco's Human Waste Challenge - 132,562 Cases Reported In The Public Way Since 2008

Adam Andrzejewski

By many measures, San Francisco is a world-class city. It’s a tourist mecca that boasts 25 million visitors each year. It’s home to wonders of the modern world – the Golden Gate Bridge and its iconic cable cars – as well as powerful progressive politicians, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Governor Gavin Newsom, and U.S. Senator (and presidential hopeful) Kamala Harris.

The broader San Francisco Bay Area can also claim Silicon Valley and its booming economy.

But the city itself is in trouble. Today, San Francisco hosts an estimated homeless population of 7,500 people. Affluent sections of the city have become dangerous with open-air drug use, tens of thousands of discarded needles, and, sadly, human feces.

Since 2011, there have been at least 118,352 reported instances of human fecal matter on city streets.

New mayor, London Breed, won election by promising to clean things up. However, conditions are the same or worse. Last year, the number of reports spiked to an all-time high at 28,084. In first quarter 2019, the pace continued with 6,676 instances of human waste in the public way.

We reached out to San Francisco Mayor London Breed for comment regarding our findings and the continued trajectory of the human waste problem. This column will be updated with any response or comment.

Our auditors at OpenTheBooks.com plotted all reports of human waste since 2011 using latitude and longitude address coordinates of all cases closed by the San Francisco Department of Public Works.

Using our interactive map, just click a pin and scroll down to review the results (all closed cases by neighborhood) rendered in the chart beneath the map. Available data is the result of resident reporting to the city’s 311 dispatchers during the years 2011-2019.

There were 118 city neighborhoods affected. However, 72-percent of all cases since 2008 were reported in just ten neighborhoods: 1. Tenderloin (30,863); 2. South of Market (23,599); 3. Mission (19,150); 4. Civic Center (6,232); 5. Mission Dolores (4,096); 6. Lower Nob Hill (3,654); 7. Potrero Hill (2,489); 8. Showplace Square (2,022); 9. North Beach (1,826); and 10. Financial District (1,810).

Thirty ZIP codes in the city were affected. However, just four locations had the highest concentration of human feces – between 10,000 and 23,000 events each.

#1 ZIP Code 94102:

Since 2008, over 23,800 cases of human waste were reported in the heart of San Francisco. There were 13 reports of human feces in front of City Hall; 17 events at the U.S. Marshals office; and 67 reports at the Tenderloin police station on Eddy Street.

Affected neighborhoods include Civic Center, Hayes Valley, Tenderloin, Cathedral Hill, Lower Haight, and Downtown/ Union Square. Avoid the intersection of Eddy Street and Jones Street – this address was the third all-time with 366 cases.

#2 ZIP Code 94103:

Human waste was reported 19,275 times within this prominent San Francisco ZIP code. Roughly one in every three cases citywide occurred in the two ZIP codes of 94102 and 94103 – they border each other. Neighborhoods affected include Mission, South of Market, Mission Dolores, Showplace Square, and Mint Hill. Avoid the address 786 Minna Street, as it ranked sixth all-time with nearly 300 events since 2008.

#3 ZIP Code 94110:

Since 2008, there were 13,450 instances of human waste reported. That’s an average of 135 reports per month for the last 99 months in this area. Neighborhoods affected include Noe Valley, Peralta Heights, Mission, Potrero Hill, Dolores Heights, and Bernal Heights. The intersection of Mission Street and Sycamore Street was the all-time highest address with over 930 events – and 20 Sycamore Street was second all-time with another 450 cases.

#4 ZIP Code 94109:

A prestigious area home to such landmarks as the San Francisco Maritime National Park, Great American Music Hall, The Regency Ballroom, and the Liholiho Yacht Club. There were 11,287 instances of human waste within this ZIP code. Neighborhoods affected include Tenderloin, Cathedral Hill, Lower Nob Hill, Polk Gulch, Russian Hill, and Pacific Heights.

The city has taken steps to crack down on the crisis. Over the last year, the Department of Public Works instituted what the San Francisco Chronicle called a “Poop Patrol.” Consisting of five teammates, the Chronicle estimated each employee earned a hefty $184,000 in pay, perquisites and pension benefits.

Using this payroll information, we quantified the taxpayer cost of each human waste case last year: $32.75. And that’s not including the sunk costs in trucks, fuel, and equipment such as the steam cleaning unit.

At the turn of the 20th century, San Francisco was called “The Paris of the West.” Locals were more humble and self-titled San Francisco as the Golden City. Pardon the expression, but lately there has been a brownout in the Bay Area.

San Francisco politicians have been among the most vocal proponents of reducing inequality across the nation. That’s a noble endeavor, but perhaps, their struggle should start closer to home.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What a dump.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
What a dump....

hahaha- lots of them.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Aw shit.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
The Shitty by the Bay.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bar graph in the linked article...I got a laugh from the fact the colors they used were shades of brown. How appropriate.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Very common. The wall splatter. But heck, they are getting free clothes to replace their soiled duds, so why take care of anything?

As someone who was homeless for two weeks, sleeping under a park gazebo on the edge of town, I found keeping clean was not hard to do. Staying out of trouble was not hard either.

Years later, hanging with a new friend in a small Montana town, he told me they also had homeless people living in the area. But they had too much pride to be seen on the streets looking like . . . homeless people.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Go to the webpage, click on the map, zoom in and browse around. I had to laugh at all the areas where there is very little feces reported because it makes total sense that there wouldn't be much, if anything, in those areas.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And these San Francisco leftist want to be a model for the rest of the country. What I want to know is when California is going to succeed from the rest of the USA?? And please take NY, NJ, MA, MD, IL, CT and every other left wing, liberal, progressive, democrat S Hole with them. Good Riddance to this lefty crap...

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not all the shitholes are overseas.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Send them 100,000 or so illegals. HAHAHA.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
At what point does this reach critical mass for a cholera epidemic?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
"Open the Books" huh? Where are the stats for arrests for public indecency or violation of the Clean Air Act? Surely some offenders must have been caught in the act, were they charged with anything? Clean up is expensive, not to mention ineffective, what efforts are being made at prevention?

Posts: 6459 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
And these San Francisco leftist want to be a model for the rest of the country. What I want to know is when California is going to succeed from the rest of the USA?? And please take NY, NJ, MA, MD, IL, CT and every other left wing, liberal, progressive, democrat S Hole with them. Good Riddance to this lefty crap...

I cannot wait to move out of Maryland and stop working in DC. I close next month on my house in Georgia. Back to the land of freedom and conservatives.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Looks like one big turd!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
oh
my
... Frown

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Shittin' in the morning sun
I'll be Shittin' when the evening come
Watching the shits roll in
and then I'll watchem roll away again, yeah

I'm Shittin' on the dock of the bay....almost Otis Redding

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
San Franshitsco

what a toilet - but the libs 100% brought this on themselves

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
From Rotty'a video:

The mayor is proposing education programs to teach the homeless how to clean up after themselves . . .

A big scam hit Philly about 25 years ago. A "program" was developed to teach welfare recipients how to maintain their living space in an adequate fashion. It was intended to empower those leaving the cozy embrace of government-paid housing as they transition into independent citizens. Lessons cleaning a toilet, even. $40k a year per person. And people "graduated" the certificate program without the skills needed even to keep a bathroom clean. Naturally, even the scam program skimped on "how to scrub a toilet bowl".

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post