SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA ad with Stephen Willeford, the good guy with a gun who stopped the Sutherland Springs church shooter.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA ad with Stephen Willeford, the good guy with a gun who stopped the Sutherland Springs church shooter. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted

quote:
"My daughter came into the bedroom and she said, "Dad, there's a man in black tactical gear shooting up the Baptist church." Every one of those shots, to me, represented one of my neighbors, one of my friends. And I ran as fast as I could. Immediately, he came out of the church, shooting at me. He hit the truck in front of me. He hit the car behind, he hit the house behind me. And I hit him.He had an AR-15, but so did I. And ... it's not the gun, it's the heart. It's a matter of the heart. I'm not the bravest man in the world, or anything, but I was here. I was here, and I could do something, and I had to do something."

I just saw this one for the first time, it played as an ad before I video I was going to watch about a Ruger. I think it'a great ad and really speaks to the heart of the whole matter of people keeping rifles in the home and being proficient with them. Carry if you can and be proficient with pistols when you can't have a rifle around.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
He was the star of the 2018 NRA convention.
Saw him speak (and many others about him too).
Check out NRATV or YouTube for lots of vids.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That man should never have to pay for another beer ever again.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Amazing interview with that man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HEchh0XD8

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Libs keep saying that if gun control could save just one life it would be worth it. How many did this hero save that day with his AR15? I know, that doesn't count in their eyes.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
He was the star of the 2018 NRA convention.
Saw him speak (and many others about him too).
Check out NRATV or YouTube for lots of vids.

Yep. At the ILA forum his speech was very moving.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post