SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USDA staffer stuns agency at Black History Month gala by publicly accusing supervisor of dangling promotion for sex
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USDA staffer stuns agency at Black History Month gala by publicly accusing supervisor of dangling promotion for sex Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
My favorite story of the day

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...omotion-for-sex.html

An Agriculture Department employee reportedly stunned an audience of co-workers at a Black History Month event last week by taking the stage and publicly naming a supervisor she claims offered her a promotion in exchange for sex.

The Washington Post reported that Rosetta Davis named the supervisor and gave an emotional account of their interactions – before she was led backstage, shouting.

The USDA reportedly then put her on administrative leave and told her not to use agency facilities or contact USDA workers to discuss her employment.

Davis already had filed a lawsuit in federal court detailing her claims, before revealing her story to an audience of peers.

“I agreed to the sex,” she explained to The Post in a separate interview.

Davis claims she and the supervisor had a relationship for eight months, but she ended it after the supervisor sought an act “she considered unnatural,” according to The Post.

The lawsuit reportedly alleges she then became the target of sexual harassment and “brutal retaliation” – and never got that promotion.

While the case has been in the courts for months, her surprise announcement at the agency event brought it out into the open, amid a climate where women across government and the private sector are speaking out on sexual harassment.

One employee in attendance told the Post the audience was “shellshocked.”

Asked for comment, a USDA spokesperson told Fox News in a statement that while the employee is on paid leave "pending a review" of last week's incident, she was not suspended.

"Beyond that, we cannot comment on personnel issues or issues that are currently the subject of litigation. However, as a matter of departmental policy, USDA takes all claims of harassment very seriously. Our goal is to treat people fairly with a process that is transparent, objective and consistent," the official said.

Posts: 107496 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
she ended it after the supervisor sought an act “she considered unnatural,” according to The Post.

He asked her to work for a full 8 hour day!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Well, that's one way to do it. Apparently thus proving hell hath no fury....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Umm, you lost all rights to complain if you "accepted" his terms. Especially, when you DATED for 8 months. WTF?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Umm, you lost all rights to complain if you "accepted" his terms. Especially, when you DATED for 8 months. WTF?

Having a relationship between superior and subordinate in the workplace is still frowned upon.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
It was all good, till he told her he wanted to head up the ol' Hershey Highway, eh?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Back history month gala?
Really?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
So I guess if she had gotten her promotion she would not have raised this shit storm?

They have a name for women like that.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
she ended it after the supervisor sought an act “she considered unnatural,” according to The Post.

He asked her to work for a full 8 hour day!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
So I guess if she had gotten her promotion she would not have raised this shit storm?

Um.... Hmmmmm... I'm guessing she'd hav... hmmmmm..... the unnatural act is.... hmmmm... yeah ok.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
It was all good, till he told her he wanted to head up the ol' Hershey Highway, eh?

Always best to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agreed to the sex,”

I guess if it wasn't good enough you can try it again. Eek

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

Having a relationship between superior and subordinate in the workplace is still frowned upon.

Yes, don't I know.

What saved my ass during the administrative hearing after she filed sexual harassment charges against me, was my saving all the notes and love letters she sent me. Presented them at the hearing.

I got a written counseling into my files.

She got a mandatory transfer to another institution, and a divorce from her husband soon afterward.

Last I heard, Bitch was banging her new bosses.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, no.

Once he made it a condition of promotion, her consent isn't really relevant. Maybe it would help defend a hostile work environment claim, but not a quid pro quo claim. (Although, I am not an expert in this stuff. Someone here knows more about it than me.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Reason 861 why you don't stick your dick in the crazy.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Well, no.

Once he made it a condition of promotion, her consent isn't really relevant. Maybe it would help defend a hostile work environment claim, but not a quid pro quo claim. (Although, I am not an expert in this stuff. Someone here knows more about it than me.)

You seem to be taking her claims at face value. I think this “victim” lost legitimacy by agreeing to the transaction.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Well, no.

You seem to be taking her claims at face value. I think this “victim” lost legitimacy by agreeing to the transaction.

Exactly. This "victim" would not have said a word, had she gotten her promotion, until later, when she felt that she was "due" another promotion. She played his game and lost. Now she's taking her ball and going home! jhe888, by not calling her out on her bullshit, people are saying that she's a victim, but she's not....she's just another skank slut that was willing to part her legs for the promise of some money! Do you want to know why a lot of guys out there no longer want to work with women....that is it. They are absolutely complicit in their doings, yet accept none of the responsibility.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Don't shit where you eat..don't ever shit where you eat.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Out of court settlement will make her wealthy enough to quit her job. Wait and see.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you want to know why a lot of guys out there no longer want to work with women....that is it...

I worked for a Captain who would not counsel a female officer unless there was a Lieutenant and a union rep in the same room. EVERYTHING said was written and kept in a file....in case she had another version of the event

He claimed it saved his ass more than once.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post