SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    VIDEO: NAACP President Claims He Was Profiled On Stop, Then Chief Releases Video
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VIDEO: NAACP President Claims He Was Profiled On Stop, Then Chief Releases Video Login/Join 
Picture of alinc100
posted
Link to article/video

The police chief has openly called NAACP President Rev. Jerrod Moultrie a liar after his false accusations.

Timmonsville, SC - The South Carolina NAACP president posted about how he was racially profiled on a traffic stop, and now the police chief has responded by releasing bodycam video and calling him a liar (video below.)

NAACP President Rev. Jerrod Moultrie posted to Facebook on April 13 about how he was just racially profiled on a traffic stop.
Advertisement
The allegations in his account are disturbing, and would indicate profiling by the officer - except none of it was true.

Below is a transcript of the interaction as posted by Rev. Moultrie:

Me: hello sir how can I help you

Officer: I am stopping you cause you fail to put on a turn signal and do you have any drugs in the car

Me: sir how would you know If I used my tum signal when you was approaching me as I turn and is there any drugs in your car?

Officer: License and registration

Me:sir can I take off my seat belt and get it

Officer: sure

Me: (as i open glove box i said )sir this is a new car i just purchased and all ! have is bill of sale, insurance card and registration from car I am transferring tags

Officer: ok where you work and who car is this and why you in this neighborhood

Me: sir I am a pastor and I live in the house on the left

Officer:And I guess I am the bill gates

Me: sir what's the problem

Officer: I ask who car for the last time and why you in this neighborhood

Me: I told you for last time who car and where I live.( as my neighborhood starts to come out there house) By the way sir can I speak to your supervisor

Officer: walks away with my information When he returned he said did you know your tags comes back to another vehicle

Me: sir I just explain this to you

Officer: you need to park this vehicle and never drive it till you get this straight with DMV

Me: sir I have purchased multiple vehicles and never heard this now officer and I start fussing cause I said well i will be driving my car sir and anyt time I want

Officer: I am waming you to not drive this car till tags get straight and just know I am doing you a favor tonight not taking you to jail or writing you a ticket

Me: sir you might be doing your Self a favor but you certainly not doing me a favor.

The reverend finished off his post by saying that his wife and baby were in the back seat, but still he was profiled and accused of having drugs.

Advertisement
"Guess I can't be a pastor and can't drive a Mercedes Benz and live in a nice neighborhood," Rev. Moultrie said. "...someone needs to answer for this behavior and this officer will."

After seeing the post, local community activist Timothy Waters went down to the police department to look at the bodycam and dash camera footage, according to WPDE.

He was shocked to see that everything the reverend said was a lie.

"Once I got a copy of that body cam, it's as if he made the whole story up. And I felt like he set us back 100 years, because think about all of the racial profiling cases (that) are true," Waters told WPDE.

WPDE reports that Timmonsville Police Chief Billy Brown said that Rev. Moultrie even went so far as to contact him the next morning to claim that he had been racially profiled and mistreated.

"He made a comment that the officer accused him of having drugs in the car. He said that his wife and grandchild was in the car. He asked them not to move because the officer looked as if he might shoot them or something. He also made mention that the officer continued to ask him about his neighborhood. Why was he in that neighborhood? And threaten(ed) to put him in jail in reference to something dealing with the registration to the vehicle," Chief Brown told WPDE. Except all of those accusations were lies.

"When I saw the video, I was shocked that someone who is supposed to be a community leader, a pastor, and head of the NAACP would just come out and tell a blatant lie. It bothered me. It really bothered me, thinking about the racial unrest it could've cost in the community and it's just troubling to me that someone who held a position like that would come out and just tell a lie," Brown told WPDE.

Rev. Moultrie refused to comment to the news station, and instead referred them to Timmonsville NAACP officers Kenneth McAllister and Henry James Dixon.

Both men told the station that they didn't need to see the video because they support Rev. Moultrie, and know that he's a man of integrity who wouldn't lie.

continued at link

Posts: 321 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
How long until the ACLU comes out, claims those body cams are an invasion of privacy and demand police stop using them? (And BLM claims they're racist? )

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.

Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.

Posts: 9645 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Yea, and screw the media too. They put out the liars' stories but not the truth when it comes out!

Posts: 2699 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
How long until the ACLU comes out, claims those body cams are an invasion of privacy and demand police stop using them? (And BLM claims they're racist? )

I said this when everyone was clamoring for body cams. Just a matter of time before it's only cool for thugs and other dirtbags to do the recording to prove their side of the events.

Posts: 1489 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
South Carolina NAACP president Rev. Jerrod Moultrie should be charged.

Posts: 6572 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both men told the station that they didn't need to see the video because they support Rev. Moultrie, and know that he's a man of integrity who wouldn't lie.
Rotten from the top all the way through. And this is the world we live in today where morons have no interest in the truth of anything. They just support their agenda regardless what reality actually is.

On a different note, hats off to the officer for managing a very professional traffic stop.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 26539 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Rotten from the top all the way through. And this is the world we live in today where morons have no interest in the truth of anything. They just support their agenda regardless what reality actually is.

On a different note, hats off to the officer for managing a very professional traffic stop.

One more data point showing the decline of morals and integrity in our society.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 29447 | Location: CA | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
You have to be some kind of stupid to think you can lie about something like this in today's multimedia social network world.

I'm sorry, I'm thinking about the cats again...

Posts: 23989 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

That's really it though. These people actually believe this shit. To them, it doesn't matter what actually happened, but rather, what happened to someones gran'pap way back when before the po' black folk in this country got any respect.

It's cool though. Every time some shit heel like this opens his mouth, the nanny cam will come out and set the record straight. There will be no swifter kick to the balls of the racebaiters than stuff like this. Problem is, this son of a bitch has already gotten wealthy playing off of the hate of other blacks within his community. Oh well...eventually, even the loony lefties won't be able to stomach hearing about some faux racial injustice. This shit is getting played out and losing its steam fast.

One of the reasons I like Live PD is because of how idiotic people look trying to lie. Can't manufacture a story that contradicts what's been caught on video Wink!

Posts: 1489 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If that asshole is a reverend then I'm Bill Gates. He's a "reverend" for tax evasion purposes. Driving a MB, I bet he lives well, better than his followers. Better than the fools who give him their money so he can live a lavish lifestyle, tax free, while he preaches to them.

Why is he silent all of a sudden?

This video should be posted all over social media for everyone to see. I'm sure he really called the cop "sir" before speaking each time. Was that English he was speaking? He sounds about as hood as a prison inmate.

quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Problem is, this son of a bitch has already gotten wealthy playing off of the hate of other blacks within his community.

It's in his personal interest to keep racism alive; to keep whites and blacks divided. Otherwise the gravy train stops.

Edmond

Posts: 9570 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't think of
anything though
Picture of zipriderson
posted Hide Post
Officer couldn't have been nicer. Dude didn't receive a citation.

This guy needs a head check - and a lesson on how to write properly. Really, this is the President of the SC NAACP and he writes this way? What an embarrassment.

Posts: 5346 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 13334 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
How long until the ACLU comes out, claims those body cams are an invasion of privacy and demand police stop using them?

Already happening. the usual demand is that the recording should only be used for detection of misconduct by the officer, and not as evidence

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2217 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Shugart,

Booker T. Washington would be lost in today's society. The rights that he fought so hard to get, have been undermined by the very people he fought to get them for. There is a Shakespearean play in there somewhere for sure.

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know. If the truth doesn't suit your agenda, just ignore it and continue to march. Some BLM folks are still chanting "Hands up, Don't shoot" long after the Michael Brown incident has been settled.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 13334 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guess I can't be a pastor and can't drive a Mercedes Benz and live in a nice neighborhood," Rev. Moultrie said. "...someone needs to answer for this behavior and this officer will."

You shouldn't be a pastor because your dishonest and bore false witness against thy neighbor. Seems like I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to do that.

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 34014 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:....You shouldn't be a pastor because your dishonest and bore false witness against thy neighbor. Seems like I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to do that.

As a pastor, he may someday have to answer to his Big Boss about his dishonesty. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 29447 | Location: CA | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Illiterate, lying jerk.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
Family, Guns, Country

"My guns are always loaded."
~R.G. Justified

What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure.

Posts: 20440 | Location: Out of Jersey, Into Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alinc100:

Of course, totally makes sense! Can you imagine if the chief said the same thing about his officer? What the outcry would be?

Posts: 917 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OMCHamlin
posted Hide Post
Remember that distasteful old saying;
"...well, you knows how dey lie..."?
Seems to be a grain of truth in that, doesn't there? Since there are so many getting caught in "dey lies", am I automatically a racist if I presume that most (all) of them do (or will, if circumstances warrant)?
Don't get me wrong, if you want to paint me with that brush, I'll not argue (with an idiot), and it won't likely change my outlook, either.

Posts: 566 | Registered: September 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post