SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    home made vs carry out pizza ( on day two)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

home made vs carry out pizza ( on day two) Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Reheated pizza is crap, it's meant to be eaten cold

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
There is never any of my home made left the day after.

This. The only reason there are leftovers from takeout pizza are the portion sizes are massive.

Homemade pizza, here, is individual sized. Sometimes SWMBO doesn't finish hers, and has one or two pieces left. She takes them for lunch the following day, and I've never heard her complain, so I guess they are good? I wouldn't know though.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
In any scenario homemade is better.

I live in a heavily populated area with VERY good pizza places, you can get very good NY style, thin crust, cooked in a wood oven, etc.

I've found that spreading the dough was a PITA and that it cost me as much to make it myself as it did to just go buy the same pizza that was just as good or even slightly better than the ones I made.

NOW, I can see if you live in a less populated area with very average pizza places how things could be different.

I've found if you put the oven at 350F and put the pizza on a sheet pan or screen it reheats pretty good.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
last nights pizza at my house is either room temp or cold, when it gets finished up

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post