SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    home made vs carry out pizza ( on day two)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

home made vs carry out pizza ( on day two) Login/Join 
posted
I can make pizza at home , as good as three of the five places that we get pizza , to go .

the only thing is; when you go to finish it up, the the left overs, next morning, the carry out stuff always seems to be about 30% better than my home made pizza.

weather it sits in the to box , over night or in a plastic bag in the frige.

Is your home made pizza as good as the carry out stuff ? on the day after.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
There is never any of my home made left the day after.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Yessir. See! The thing to do, is to use a toaster oven to reheat. Place the pizza on
some aluminum foil, then toast! Your pizza will have a cripsy crust once more. Reheating in micro or regular ovens just wil not do. There is no crispiness that way.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
bendable has food on the brain today.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Yes, but homemade pizza in my house is not typical we make the crust and sauce from scratch.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I skipped breakfast

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
what are these leftovers you speak of??

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Cold Pizza, mmmm

Posts: 23394 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I can make pizza at home , as good as three of the five places that we get pizza , to go.

You must have better pizza joints around where you live. Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
What MooneyP226 said about reheating, except I use the Bake setting at 250.

Carryout or homemade, I individually wrap leftover slices in plastic wrap and then either put in the fridge for a day or 2 or in the freezer for up to a couple of weeks. In my opinion, neither is as good as oven fresh, but it's pizza so I'm on it.

I haven't noticed/can't tell if one ages worse than the other.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
brush olive oil on the crust before toasting them?

I just eat them cold but Ive put them on the top rack of my gas grill for a bit and came out nice and crispy.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
I have had good results re-heating leftover pizza in a skillet. Use little or no oil, just keep it moving so it won't stick.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GF (Italian) makes pizza from scratch. Thin crust, fresh vegs, etc...

There never is any leftover.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Carryout has more oil in the crust and the cheese

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
the the left overs, next morning, the carry out stuff always seems to be about 30% better than my home made pizza.

weather it sits in the to box , over night or in a plastic bag in the frige.

Maybe it's the storage method. In the box vs in a plastic bag. Try putting your home made left overs on a paper plate(s) and cover them with another paper Plate(s) and see if it helps.

Also, I saw and tried a different way to reheat pizza and with some trial and error it works really well...Non stick or cast iron frying pan heated on ~medium, add a teaspoon or less of water, add pizza and cover. cook 'til it's all "melty" and chow down. Enjoy.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1235 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Get one on these 'Super Duper Pizza Reheating Wheels'. Our son bought us one and we thought it was a joke. We use it all the time.

These devices are a great way to reheat pizza or cook chicken nuggets for the grandkids.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I've been happy w/ mine.
I preheat the pizza stone in the oven (the stone lives on the bottom rack 24/7) and reheat the slices on it.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES! But don't use the microwave. Reheat using the oven, I usually reheat it at 275, higher if I am hungry and need it quicker Smile

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
In any scenario homemade is better.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post