SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recent Hardcover Books Karma
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent Hardcover Books Karma Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I've got two book that I recently finished that are too good to just put on a shelf--they need to be shared.

The first is: "Enhanced Interrogation" by James E. Mitchell, PhD. Mitchell is a clinical psychologist who was contracted by the CIA to "craft an interrogation program designed to elicit intelligence from just-captured top al-Qa'ida leaders and terror suspects."

Mitchell was compelled to write the book after essentially being slandered in repeated witch hunts culminating in the 2009-2014 Senate Select Committee on Intelligence investigation (others proceeded this one). Diane Feinstein labeled Dr. Mitchell a "torturer." The outcome of that ordeal was Mitchell's decision to give his side of the story.

The other book is O'Reilly's most recent, "Killing Japan." I was given one of his books a few years ago (Killing Kennedy) and never finished it. I have read none of his other books, but I kept hearing good things about Killing Japan, and it stayed on the best seller list a long time. I bought it and think it's really good. Lot's of things about the War in the PTO that I didn't know. Quite a bit of time spent on the atomic bomb and hydrogen bomb, as well as Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Pick the book you're most interested in reading and I'll Karminate a couple winners in a couple days. Usual rules apply about email address in profile and all that.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'd love a chance at "Killing Japan". I've been thinking of getting the Kindle version, but this would be much better.

Thanks for a chance,

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I would like a shot at Killing Japan please.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
I'm in for "Enhanced Interrogation". You never know when you may need an extra skill set. Wink

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1362 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Karma! Please add me to the list for "Killing Japan".

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I'll take a shot at Enhanced Interrogation. Thanks for the opportunity.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like Enhanced Interrogation, thanks for the opportunity.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Please include me for "enhanced interrogation"

Thank you.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Please count me in for Killing Japan. Thanks for the chance!

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take a shot at Enhanced Interrogation. Thanks!!

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Please include me for either. If I have to pick one, Enhanced Interrogation would be my first choice. Thank you!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to read Enhanced Interrogation.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I'd like a chance at Killing Japan. After living in Socorro NM (35 miles from Trinity Site) the events leading up to the use of the bomb against Japan fascinates me.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
In for "Killing Japan", please and thank you.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Put me in for Killing Japan please.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I'd love a shot at the interrogation book. I heard an interview with him not long ago on... Hannity I believe.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
I'd love a shot at the interrogation book. I heard an interview with him not long ago on... Hannity I believe.

Probably so, I've seen him on FOX two or three times. When the CIA tabbed him for the interrogation program he was recently retired from the USAF. He worked in the Air Force's SERE training program teaching pilots and others to resist the interrogation of our enemies. He didn't use any techniques in questioning Khalid Sheikh Mohammad that he didn't use in the Air Force training those who may be captured. He also underwent all those interrogation methods himself.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I would appreciate being in on Enhanced Interrogation. Thanks.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'd like to be included for "Enhanced Interrogation" please. The book, not the interrogation, just so we're clear.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
In for Killing Japan please.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post