SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The next mass extinction scare is overdue

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The next mass extinction scare is overdue Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
We haven’t had a good media scare campaign about the next big epidemic in months. I miss SARS, bird flu, swine flu, etc.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
We haven’t had a good media scare campaign about the next big epidemic in months. I miss SARS, bird flu, swine flu, etc.

Those were the "Good old days" Frown

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

They're pumping the 'gun epidemic' right now.

https://www.google.com/search?...igB&biw=1795&bih=844

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Maybe the next one will eliminate leftist elites?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The Yellowstone supervolcano is the next one. Don't you worry. And it's for real!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
McConaughey’s message appears to be, “Hey, if a TEXAN is for gun control, then... Roll Eyes

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
If you meant mass extinction event, yes, it is. The Great Filters are still in play....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
If you meant mass extinction event, yes, it is. The Great Filters are still in play....

I have my watch set for the 6th mass extinction... Para's Comet is due.
Razz

The Timeline Of The Mass Extinction Events On Earth
Rank Extinction Event Approximate Time Of Occurrence
1 Holocene extinction Present
2 Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event 65 million years ago
3 Triassic–Jurassic extinction event 199 million to 214 million years ago
4 Permian–Triassic extinction event 251 million years ago
5 Late Devonian extinction 364 million years ago
6 Ordovician–Silurian extinction events 439 million years ago

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Revive the 'bola thread!! Smile

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
How the hell did I forget da bola?! Oh shit, it gonna kill me for the 6th time....

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I read that male fertility is down 50% in the last few decades, and the last remaining fertile males are spanking to Stormy Daniels vids while hiding behind #MeToo placards. Humans are kaput.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why do I see gun control crap in this thread? Politics? Why?

Sooner or later, you guys are going to understand that I'm serious about this. This is a permanent state of affairs.

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post