SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    School bus crash in Tennessee
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School bus crash in Tennessee Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted
There are "multiple fatalities" reported and at least 23 hurt when an elementary school bus crashed Monday in Chattanooga, Tennessee, according to local officials.

More on this story: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016...chool-bus-crash.html

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Damn Frown

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Saw the image of the bus wrapped in that tree.

A hard day for many people.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heartbreaking

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Horrible, horrible news

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
There are more details in the comments section of abcnews.go.com than in the article ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
As a Long time School bus driver.. that is the scariest thing to see.. The Roof of a Bus is the weakest point. We have lost one Student inside an Ohio school bus since 1960.. and it was also a roof hit after the bus rolled.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I've been watching this on our local news...heartbreaking tragedy Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad, very scairy. I feel great pain and sorrow for the families involved.

I was involved in a school bus crash, lucky no students were on board. A careless person ran a stop sign and hit me in the side, just aft of the drivers seat. It punched a hole in the side of my bus.

It took almost two months to repair it, the careless person almost died.

It is something that I have feared and fear. Luckily for me I was the only person on the bus, though there wasn't anything that I could do to avoid it that day still gives me nightmares.

My prayers for all involved. It's a sad day.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Frown

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
WTF was the driver doing to run the bus into a home?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
Must be "catching". My buddy & I were on the way to Knoxville on Friday when we also saw a school bus overturned off an exit ramp. My prayers will certainly go up for these kids AND their families.

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Driver has been arrested for reckless endangerment and vehicular homicide.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ed-wrapped-tree.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
WTF was the driver doing to run the bus into a home?

CBS News report:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have seen a report that suggests the crash was on purpose.

I know we are not supposed to judge people based on their appearance, but who in their right mind would have allowed that nut to drive their kids around?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why was this person allowed to drive a schoolbus? Mad

http://www.chattanoogan.com/20...Signs-About-The.aspx

There Were Warning Signs About The School Bus Driver Who Caused Wreck That Killed 5 Children, Left 6 Critical
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
A school bus driver who caused a wreck Monday that killed five students and critically injured six others, had been "written up" by Woodmore Elementary school officials, sources said.

However, the private company that runs most Hamitlon County school routes allowed Johnthony Walker to continue driving.

Walker had been involved in another school bus wreck just two months ago, according to Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security records, quoted by Fox News.

The state records also show that his drivers license was suspended in 2014, due to failure to provide proof of insurance.

In the wreck on Sept. 20, Walker wrecked a school bus into another vehicle going around a curve.

The mother of three children who were in the wreck in Brainerd, including one who died, said her children told her that just before the wreck, Walker asked the children if they were "ready to die," according to KTLA TV.

Walker is employed by Durham School Services, which issued this statement on its website: "Our entire team at Durham School Services is devastated by the accident yesterday that tragically claimed the lives of Chattanooga students. We are working with Chattanooga Police Department and Hamilton County School District to investigate. We also have additional team members arriving in Chattanooga today to provide support. We have offered to provide counseling to students and families of Hamilton County, as well as our employees. We will provide all further updates in coordination with the Chattanooga Police Department and the District."
County school officials referred all questions about the bus driver to Durham, saying he is not a county school employee.

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Mr Dreadlocks apparently isn't playing with a full deck. So again with his recent record why was he still driving the kiddies? Duh....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16189 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
The mother of three children who were in the wreck in Brainerd, including one who died, said her children told her that just before the wreck, Walker asked the children if they were "ready to die," according to KTLA TV.
Did he say this after the bus began to skid, or did he say it beforehand?

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Lady(mother) on the news just said it was right before he jerked the steering wheel.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Para...the article in the Chattanoogan has been the only reference to his saying this I have personally seen...the local TV news has not made mention of it...they are reporting parents and residents in the area have complained about his driving to the school board as well as the contracted bus company...
The inside and outside facing cameras have been turned over to the NTSB...maybe they will shed some more light on the driver's actions...
If it turns out he said something like that to those kids beforehand...I hope he is beat to death in jail!

Jimmy Buffet