SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Slow News Day, Tucker?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slow News Day, Tucker? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Tucker is usually pretty good.

But I am real-time watching OAN almost exclusively now, so I only see Tucker when I get directed to a specific show to look up on youtube.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
He interviewed a young “transgender,” who decided he/she was Filipino “because he admired the culture.” This was an obvious white boy from NOLA, with pink hair. He acknowledged what he professed was silly and called himself “crazy” or “weird” or both. WTF? Why did Carlson believe this guy was worth interviewing on a national news show?

I watched this too and felt the same way. Why drag a random, confused nut on to the air to discuss what are basically his fantasies. I guess it does expose what many of these people are - self-indulgent loons.

This guest was the logical outcome to the gender identity/gender politics we’ve all been subjected to. If a person truly can “identify” as whatever they feel inside it’s logical to conclude that the politics of identity will not begin and end with gender. We are all aware that the idea that someone could identify as another race was raised several times over the last couple years. As I recall, liberals being interviewed on the subject typically ignored the question, “How far could identity politics go?” Someone “identifying” as Filipino was inevitable. I just didn’t need to see it played out on television.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Tucker isn't a news show, it's entertainment, you may glean a few tidbits from him but its no different than most other shows on Fox, CNN, Et al.

The days of a "Cronkite" reporting the actual news are over...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Take multiple licks of a puffer fish before turning on the "news".

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

This guest was the logical outcome to the gender identity/gender politics we’ve all been subjected to. If a person truly can “identify” as whatever they feel inside it’s logical to conclude that the politics of identity will not begin and end with gender. We are all aware that the idea that someone could identify as another race was raised several times over the last couple years. As I recall, liberals being interviewed on the subject typically ignored the question, “How far could identity politics go?” Someone “identifying” as Filipino was inevitable. I just didn’t need to see it played out on television.

Yes, I challenge folk all the time: if you get to choose gender I get to be Kikapoo Indian. I actually have that blood back 9 generations. Or black, if it gets me preferential treatment...

To the original post I thought that was the purpose of his guest was just to get this on the record.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
I'm half Filipino but I've always liked Italian cooking and have admired the Roman Empire. Can I now identify as Italian? Smile

As long as you're not Jewish unless you want internal strife with your Roman side.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post