SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ice cream... who/what do you like?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ice cream... who/what do you like? Login/Join 
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted
I'm a huge cookie dough fan. I've tried most of the mainstream brands (Hood, Edy, Friendly's, etc.) and I recently tried Blue Bunny. Pretty solid. Just to mix it up I got their Bunny Tracks and Peanut Butter Party and they're both pretty good. What's your goto brand/flavor?

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
"Goat Hoof." -Carol Burnett,1956 Sketch 'The Queen'

Sketch comedy Here

Rocky Road and chocolate mint are probably my favorite.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Plain old vanilla. Preferably homemade.

Tillamook Huckleberry is pretty good too.

And Friendly's. Can't go wrong with Friendly's.

Posts: 20080 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Aldi has a knockoff Ben & Jerry type premium ice cream pint now that is surprisingly cheap and surprisingly good! Something like $2 a pint? They only have a few flavors right now but I think they are working on more.

Turkey Hill is a go to for me, but we will not touch Breyers any longer, it was so good growing up but something drastically changed and it's garbage now. Most of it isn't even allowed to be labeled "ice cream" anymore, it's now "frozen dairy dessert". WTF!

Posts: 33764 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
Love just about any flavor from Turkey Hill - especially the chocolate peanut butter and butter pecan flavor.

Also... Love strawberry cheesecake ice cream, but very picky about the brand. I actually prefer the Food Lion brand over any other one for this flavor.

Ice cream as a whole... My favorite is any frozen custard style.

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Blue Bell is my favorite brand. Buttered Pecan and Natural Vanilla Bean are my top flavors. Throw in a chocolate every once and a while.

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Chocolate chip here.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Blue Bell is my favorite brand. I like their Dutch Chocolate and Homemade Vanilla flavors best.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Yes

This is the correct answer.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43866 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Another fan of Blue Bell Iced Cream - favorites are Natural Vanilla Bean, Pralines & Cream, Butter Pecan, and Coffee

The dogs' favorite is also the coffee - it doesn't take much caffeine to really get a dog jazzed up. Wink

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Mint Chocolate Chip

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Braums. Anything from Braums.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Walmart had Blue Bunny for $1 this week on isle 4 on the east end....Big Grin...Chantilly store.
Most ice cream contains High Fructose Corn Syrup so I have cut way back.

Breyers has some flavors that do not contain HFCS.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Actually...I am a big fan of the Publix brand in any of the various flavors, especially vanilla (I ain't afraid to expand my parameters depending on my many moods Big Grin).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Greater's is a Cincinnati thing (though has expanded out a bit).
Their Coconut Chocolate Chip and Black Raspberry Chip are the best Ice Creams one can possibly eat.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BnR...World Class Chocolate.

Posts: 203 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

Rocky Road and chocolate mint are probably my favorite.

H&K-Guy

Those are my go-to flavors as well for store-bought stuff. If it's an ice cream parlor, I'll get a little wild and look for blueberry cheesecake.

Gelato...now that stuff just opens up a whole new world of great flavors!

The only flavor I avoid in any type of ice cream -- standard ice cream, gelato, frozen yogurt -- is peanut butter. Love peanut butter, but hate the flavor in ice cream. That Moose Tracks flavor that has those little peanut butter cups in it?..can't stand the stuff.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I love peppermint. It's too bad it's so rare to find in the non-Christmas season.

A few months ago I went to Salt & Straw in Los Angeles and tried their Black Olive Brittle and Goat Cheese flavor because it sounded so weird and nasty. Actually, I found it quite magical!

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Braums. Anything from Braums.
For ready-to-eat I go to a local Braum's and get a double-dip chocolate cake cone. They make pretty big dips, but I can still manage to consume a double-dip cone without getting any on my shirt!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post