SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car drives through protesters blocking traffic in CA. Driver arrested
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car drives through protesters blocking traffic in CA. Driver arrested Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Yes. SEIU sees the illegal crowd as fodder for organizing.

quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
SEIU? Roll Eyes

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I'd be even more surprised to see the matter resulting in a conviction. No way are twelve jurors in Orange County (CA) going to vote for "guilty."

I remember Brea being a Republican town awhile back.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
It's a pretty stupid move by the driver though.

The pedestrians clearly had control of the intersection, and pedestrians always have right-of-way at intersections.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
It's a pretty stupid move by the driver though.

The pedestrians clearly had control of the intersection, and pedestrians always have right-of-way at intersections.

As long as the driver was exercising "due care" (i.e.: Driving slowly), he wouldn't even be guilty of an infraction. Trying to file this as an Assault with a Deadly Weapon (force likely to cause great bodily injury), when these idiots literally hurl themselves on the car? No way!

Vehicle Code - VEH
DIVISION 11. RULES OF THE ROAD [21000 - 23336] ( Division 11 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

CHAPTER 5. Pedestrians’ Rights and Duties [21949 - 21971] (Chapter 5 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3.)

VC 21954.

(a) Every pedestrian upon a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway so near as to constitute an immediate hazard.

(b) The provisions of this section shall not relieve the driver of a vehicle from the duty to exercise due care for the safety of any pedestrian upon a roadway.
(Amended by Stats. 1971, Ch. 1015.)

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The driver was never charged.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER understand what the fuck those assholes hope to accomplish. How does pissing off the general public make them sympathetic to their cause? It makes me wish some aloha snackbar asshole would just plow over all those stupid fucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Interesting how they are not waving the mexican flags on their protest like they were a few years ago when the Omama was making a mess of America.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do these assholes ever ear enough money to get so damn fat? Does Soros grow them on a libtard farm?

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/39_lhqjy7JE

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Two words:

belt

fed

Para, that’s one word..... Big Grin

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
"LOS ANGELES — Police arrested a man Thursday after he slowly drove his car through a group of immigration policy demonstrators in Brea, Calif., about 30 miles south of Los Angeles.

Video of the incident shows marchers surrounding the man's car at an intersection. He then drives ahead as one marcher hops on the hood and keeps moving until he encounters a group of police officers. The driver halts the car and officers quickly surround the vehicle and push back the crowd. One officer appears to reach through the open driver's side window to remove the keys from the ignition.

Police said no one was injured, but the man's motivation for driving through the group of demonstrators wasn't entirely clear.

“I think he was trying to get through the crowd,” police Lt. Adam Hawley was quoted as saying by The Associated Press. “We don’t have any indication he was trying to harm somebody.”

The driver was identified by officers as Daniel Wenzek, 56, He was arrested for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon, Hawley said, and was later released."
https://www.usatoday.com/story...-marchers/805571001/

While they don't say it, it sounds that he was released without going before a judge. Just let go?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
More and information on the Union involvement.

"The whole demonstration lasted about 20 minutes and remained peaceful, Carpenter said. Then at least part of the group moved into and blocked the intersection of Birch Street and Brea Boulevard.

“We asked them to clear, and they did,” the lieutentant said. But while participants were heading back to their buses, a man slowly drove his car toward those who had not yet cleared the intersection.

“The protest was almost over, and they were walking back when this car came to the crowd,” Carpenter said.

An apparent video of the incident, posted on social media by UNITE HERE Local 11, which represents 29,000 employees who work at hotels, restaurants and other venues, shows an apparent protester slamming her hand on the hood and another woman hopping onto the sedan. The Toyota Avalon pushes through the crowd at slow speed, with one man ending up on the hood.

Officers on scene saw the incident and arrested Wenzek. He was released later in the afternoon pending further investigation, Brea police Lt. Darrin Devereux said. Detectives are asking anyone who may have been injured or witnessed the incident to come forward. Detectives are also looking for any videos that show the incident.

Members of SEIU United Service Workers West, which represent janitors, security officers and other property-service workers, were present. President David Huerta said four SEIU members and two staffers were taken to a local hospital for evaluations.

“Today’s peaceful demonstration … was permitted and held in cooperation with the Brea Police Department,” Huerta said in a statement. “We are grateful for the bravery of officers who stopped the driver before more violence was committed, and who took the perpetrator into custody.”

He said SEIU would fully cooperate with authorities in the investigation."
http://www.ocregister.com/2017...yces-office-in-brea/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The police and/or DA can choose not to file charges.

quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
While they don't say it, it sounds that he was released without going before a judge. Just let go?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happens sometimes. Further investigation reveals that the arrestee should be Released without Charging.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Driver is obviously in the wrong - used a Toyota.
Were it me - a good ol' F-150 - thrown into 4L - with someone riding "shotgun" - literally.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys ever see the black SUV's that have the hatch on the roof where the Dillon Minigun pops out. That's the type of vehicle I want. I don't want to give those bastards any chance of getting away.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the thought process on detaining him was to try and not allow the situation to inflame any further. Hopefully they likely had no plans on actually charging the man, and maybe didn't even actually arrest him (as opposed to a legal detainment).

To be clear, I don't agree with that if it was they in-fact did. It would be coddling the protesters and that is not the message that should be sent.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i would of done the same thing blow my horon if you're in my way tuff shit

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post