SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    video of driving in Los Angeles amidst wild fire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

video of driving in Los Angeles amidst wild fire Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://twitter.com/twitter/st...s/938410022538682368

video at link

not certain, but appears to be south bound on 405 in west LA

A much longer video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrg6zESdx_o

adding: after I posted this, Drudge put up the same still from the video. Maybe Drudge reads SIGforum Smile

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My in-laws are about 2 hours north of there, between Bakersfield & Edwards AFB.
Wish we could send some of this Houston rain that way.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I am honestly shocked that they hadn't shut the highway down.

That is nightmarish.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Damaged in the SoCal fires, Angeles Shooting Range.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16670 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My oldest daughter lives in No Cal. One of her co-worker's is from there. His parents lost their house. His sister lost her house. They have all moved in with another sister there, and now her house is in danger also.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Local warming!!

I too am amazed that the highways are open. Is that area under mandatory evacuation?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31426 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Damaged in the SoCal fires, Angeles Shooting Range.

Does anyone know if Oaktree is okay?

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com...fire-sepulveda-pass/

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA/AP) — The 405 Freeway has been reopened after being shut down due to a dangerous new wildfire that erupted in the tony Bel Air area of Los Angeles early Wednesday while firefighters battled three other destructive blazes across Southern California.

The Skirball Fire exploded before dawn on the steep slopes of the east side of Sepulveda Pass, which carries heavily traveled Interstate 405 through the Santa Monica Mountains where ridge tops are covered with expensive homes. At least two could be seen burning.

The 150-acre Skirball Fire started across the freeway from Skirball Center Drive, an area located near homes and across the freeway from the famous Getty Museum and the Skirball Cultural Center.

The entire Sepulveda Pass, both north and southbound lanes of the 405 Freeway, was shut down just as the morning commute was gearing up between the 101 and the 10 Freeway. The pass is one of the most heavily-trafficked in the nation and is the same stretch of freeway shut down during Carmageddon. The southbound lanes reopened just before 9 a.m., and the northbound lanes were reopened at around 1 p.m.

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Ya it's pretty crazy out here. I'm kind of in the middle of Rye and Thomas fire. We are expecting Rye to hit us, but I very much doubt it'll reach my place. I work in Ventura so that Thomas fire has made a hell of a mess, very smokey when I left work. Unfortunately, some co-workers lost houses, some saved their houses, just crazy. Still have a couple more days of bad winds.

Sucks seeing Angeles Crest like that! That's where dad and I shoot rifles. I do like their pistol range, as well. Haven't heard anything about Oak Tree, though, that's our shotgun spot.

Idk about everyone else, but it's sad how so many around me are basically saying who gives a shit about the rich people losing their homes, they have insurance and other houses, blah blah blah. I guess I may be alone thinking, regardless or wealth, it sucks losing your home and all your things.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:... I guess I may be alone thinking, regardless or wealth, it sucks losing your home and all your things.

You are not alone.

I have "targeted" and "responsive" antagonism, not without cause.

Born in Chula Vista, stated life there, moved back and forth a few times, my dad and uncle died there.
Hate what it has become, but it is not all bad.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend lost his House yesterday. It sucks.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Seeing the fires on the mountains is the definition of conflagration to me. It's one of those nature is bigger than you kind of thing.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post