SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passed gas forces passengers off plane
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passed gas forces passengers off plane Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
It's either something to be really proud of or really embarrassed from...

http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/0...s-off-at-nc-airport/

Person ‘passes gas’ on American Airlines plane, forces all passengers off at NC airport
POSTED 6:34 PM, JULY 16, 2017, BY FOX 5 DIGITAL

RALEIGH, N.C. – Somebody “passed gas” on an American Airlines plane, causing passengers to become sick and everyone had to be removed from the jet in North Carolina.

WNCN reported that the plane landed at Raleigh-Durham International Airport on Sunday afternoon when the incident was reported.

People on the flight complained of headaches and nausea and had to be taken off the plane, FOX8 reported.

Authorities investigated the incident and determined that one of the passengers had “passed gas,” the news station reported. Officials said later that it was a “medical call.”

Raleigh-Durham International Airport has not identified the flight, where it was from or where it was headed.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Knew I shouldn't have had Deviled Eggs and a warm Guinness for breakfast. Sorry.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...with those kippers...

Posts: 913 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I believe it's possible. Got bunked with our mess sergeant on a tdy and that man could send you running from the room leaving it uninhabitable. So bad it even woke me from a dead sleep a time or two.

Joe Harris where ever you are I hope you weren't the person on this plane. And please go see a doctor because your guts are rotting.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
That must have been some air biscut! Eek

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Chemical warfare?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Crop dusting plane.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Back in my Navy days the training command I was at had a 40' box trailer with double slide outs that had a pair of 5 ton A/C systems in it to keep the electronics cool. We would wear foul weather jackets during simulations because it was kept so cold.

We had a guy that could clear the entire training team out of the trailer.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "What crawled up your ass and died?"

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I had a roommate in college whose farts could remove wallpaper.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Undoubtedly the work of flight attendants. They even have a name for their oderiforus dirty work.
They break wind strolling up & down calling it "crop dusting". Innocent passengers engulfed in the fog.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I had an employee that only ate meat, potatoes, gravy, and bread (i.e. no veggies, no fruit), and drank at least a 2 liter of A&W per day. The men's room was down a 10' long hall that teed off the main hallway, and it still wasn't safe to walk down the main hallway if he used the restroom.

Funny story from my college days. My pledge brother built a waist high platform in his room in the house where the tv and couch were on top of it, and the bed was under it (kind of like a cave). He got drunk on stroh's one night, and talked someone into driving him to White Castle. He went to bed in the "cave" and was awakened to his own horrendous Stroh's and White Castle farts.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
American says the story is not true...

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/...-durham-airport.html

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
That's just because there wasn't a dog around to blame it on.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the USAF, we called it "Dropping Chaff".

Try sitting in an altitude chamber with about 20 guys as the pressure is reduced. Intestinal gas expands and it is released en masse. So you're on oxygen as everyone is passing gas, then at "35,000 feet", you drop your mask to experience the effects of hypoxia. I don't know if I got light headed from the lack of oxygen or the combined gas of 20 guys.

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/tra...nterest/trapped_gas/

Another tidbit-the airflow goes from front to back in the cabin. Another reason to avoid the seats in the back.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We were on a flight over the South China sea on a C141 when I was in the marines. It was stormy and the turbulence was pretty stiff. Someone let one rip and it was rank. Now a 141 is a pretty big plane. But, it was really nasty and there was no where to hide. So nasty the captain in charge of the bird came over the radio and asked for everyone to hold their "bodily functions"

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
You know it's bad when you can't even stand your own....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Its not just flatulence that can make air travel intolerable.

About 20 years ago, I was on a red eye from LA to DC. It was a packed flight. Not a single seat unoccupied.

I had to misfortune to be seated in a window seat next to a man who did not use antiperspirant or deodorant (I believe it was a religious observance of his particular fundamentalist beliefs). I'd also bet he bathed one a week at most.

I do not know how those in the row in front or behind, much less the person in the aisle seat withstood the olfactory hell from this person.

Suffice to say, I suffered for about an hour, then got up and stood in the galley the rest of the way to DC.

The cabin crew did not harass me at all, even allowing me to sit for short intervals on the fold down seats intended for crew. One even commented they were amazed I lasted an hour.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
In the USAF, we called it "Dropping Chaff".

At least they didn't induce dropping of "flares" instead. Big Grin

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post