SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passed gas forces passengers off plane
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passed gas forces passengers off plane Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We were sitting in the front yard when we noticed the stench. Our son looked at his wife, she looked at the Mrs, the Mrs. looked at our son, he looked at me. The Mrs. tried to blame me "Excuse me would be proper at this time".

Our dogs got into our brussel sprouts in the garden.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When I was in the service we were literally trapped in the gun (it goes from what can be seen to a deck below where ammunition is stored and a lot of the gun mechanics are located) when it was being fired..

no worries as the gun is cleared from smoke by exhaust...but when it's not being shot is when those of us who worked on it were at our most dangerous....

I had a fellow sailor who intentionally drank beer the night before and knew we wouldn't be ab;e to escape his gassing....

it was the worst....I just took a hand and smeared my nose with hydraulic oil (called cherry juice because it was blood red) and burned my sense of smell, so not to vomit from the gas cloud that had been released.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
rusbro, your story about Leonard brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
On my first ship we had the canvass beds not the one with metal storage.
You rolled into bed and your ass was 12 inch from the guy below you.
War on as hot air rises.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeaCliff:
On my first ship we had the canvass beds not the one with metal storage.
You rolled into bed and your ass was 12 inch from the guy below you.
War on as hot air rises.

Hot air rises, but methane falls.

When we were deployed for Desert Storm, my brother was in the bunk above me at Ft Lewis during in-processing. Not used to full-time Army mess, he was hitting cheeseburgers and fries non stop as only the young can. There was no escaping it for me on the bottom. It was so nasty that breathing through your mouth only meant you could taste it along with the stench.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post