SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passed gas forces passengers off plane
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passed gas forces passengers off plane Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
The guilty party was the one debarking with an ear-to-ear grin. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So are we talking about a small commuter plane of a 747? Volume matters! Ultimately the solution to pollution is dilution!

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The mad farter (aka Sgt Sphincter of the Dirt Patrol) and his noxious cloud of green "pig farm" gas strikes again. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
I've been on flights that should have been evacuated because of someone's ass-turbulence. My worst was on a MD88 from ATL-PHL. Had the misfortune of sitting near the rear lavs when some guy laid an egg back there - and we hadn't even left the gate yet!

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is cracking me up.

I will also add - it may be medical related. Ie is it possible a colostomy bag was opened?

I work in hospitals and I have smelled some 'medical-grade' odors that could peel paint.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I've crop dusted many an airplane, but sadly I can't say I've ever triggered an evacuation. I suppose now I have a goal to aim for.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
No more prune and anchovy vindaloo for me.....

tac

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
For the record, I fly Delta. I was at home at the time of the incident.

With that said, when I was on the department our Central station was four bays wide and two deep with doors on both ends so that you could drive through. We had a guy that could clear the entire apparatus bay with one little "beeerp". Some of the even swore a dripping green could would form at times behind him.

One day a sign appeared in the locker room bathroom that said

THE BRAVEST MEN IN THE HOUSE SHAVE WHILE <last name omitted> TAKES A DUMP

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Had a big redheaded guy that worked out on the floor. He was famous for his handi work.
He was an artist, or a magician. He could telegraph them a hundred feet, I swear. I don't know if he could read the air currents or what but you could see his victims succumb and look around and he's at his workstation 50 - 100 feet away just laughing his ass off. He cleared a meeting room more than once and was quite proud of it. If he ever asked you if you smelled something burning... he like you and was doing you a favor... RUN!!!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYInUvLalQ

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a mech infantry company we used to close the hatches and fart brawl. It was like survivor, only without the dignity and decorum.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I once worked with a woman like Sig2340's fellow traveler. She smelled so bad one day my eyes teared and my throat closed up. I had to leave the room. Rankest thing I ever smelled.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
http://i.imgur.com/mh3Epxv.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ace73,

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
This thread is hilarious.

Once my company of combat engineers deployed to Panama. The whole unit went on a single civilian chartered L1011. I still feel a little sorry for that civilian air crew, with a whole combat unit subscribing to the mantra "the best defense is a good offense." All the officers were up in 1st class, but it was mayhem back with us enlisted folks.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ultimate Dutch oven. Wait for the doors to close, then release the hounds. Big Grin

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I was working in Taiwan. The night before we flew back to the U.S. I mistakenly decided to try the local delicacy of "1000 year old eggs". The egg "white" was translucent and the color of iced tea. The yoke was a combination of blue, black, and green. Eek I only ate one of the eight slices it came in. On the flight half way home I knew "exactly" when that egg fart surfaced. So did the 30 people in my immediate vicinity.
LOL

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Last I heard it was a mechanical issue.

Cap'n Eddie "Shitter was full!"

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Passed gas forces passengers off plane

My dog could do that. She's cleared the house before... but a human? Something there ain't right.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
quote:
Passed gas forces passengers off plane

My dog could do that. She's cleared the house before... but a human? Something there ain't right.

I had a co-worker, Leonard, back in my retail hardware days who's farts were legendary. They inspired many tales of his prowess. They would linger, and spread, and were incredibly potent.

A fella who had to often work side by side with him actually complained to management about his gas. It was rumored his farts were the reason his wife left him. I recall hearing the child of a customer cry to her mother "MOMMY, WHAT'S THAT SMELL?!?!?" as one of Leonard's air biscuits wafted over the counter and out onto the sales floor.

One time I was downwind of him and one traveled about 40 feet to assault my nostrils. I was cutting some sections of hardware cloth for a customer and couldn't leave the area; it was brutal. Another time he had been on the nut, bolt & screw aisle a couple of minutes before. I saw the manager head down that aisle and I snickered to myself, only seconds later to hear him yell "LEONARD!"

His farts were so obnoxious, he even told of a time when his dog was on the couch with him. Leonard "let one go," the dog looked up at him, leapt off the couch, and ran out of the room.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post