SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need Advice on How To Deal With A Work Situation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Advice on How To Deal With A Work Situation Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
You can win the battle but lose the war.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8067 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
Not sure I'd fall on my sword over something like that.

Posts: 1536 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
My former employer stopped auctions for similar reasons.

THIS^^^^

Mine did as well. Company auctions are always crooked. Always. Insiders always get the cream.

Let it go. No good can come of it. You will garner unwanted attention from important people.

Last satellite shop closing I was involved in the boss wouldn't even consider another auction they were so many hard feelings and BS on previous ones. This time he tagged everything that had to be packaged and shipped out and said he didn't give a shit how we disposed of the rest as long as it was all gone or in a dumpster by xxx date and he did not even want to know where it went... If and when done on time we would be paid a lump sum bonus.

I happened to be in my truck that day! Went home with a truck loaded down. Got some nice shelving for my garage, locking cabinets, computer stuff, even scored a Harbor Freight table top End Mill.

That was the fastest site clearing I ever saw! Place swept clean to the bare floor a month ahead of schedule.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snitches get stitches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ZSMICHAEL,

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disclaimer: I know nothing of Digital cams or corporate culture. Been a wage slave my entire working life.
Agree with the above. If you do mention it to anyone, frame it as concern over preventing future loss/theft as both hurt the company. But I don't think you have much of a claim for the "I want my $500, mislabeled item for $25" argument.
This is all predicated on you not owing the money still. Iv they still want ur $, then I'd push for a new GF3 at least.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
TXJIM has given the correct answer.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let it go for sure. As noted above, you may win the battle, at the expense of losing the war.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
How many waves do you want to make,where you earn your living?

Is it worth it for a $500.00 item?

Yup.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
My dad told me once, don't shit where you eat.

I bet he prefers the piston AR to the DI AR. Big Grin

But I agree. Let. It Go.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
My dad told me once, don't shit where you eat.

I bet he prefers the piston AR to the DI AR. Big Grin

But I agree. Let. It Go.

He told me to never mail cash too....Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you look at your feet and see that the pants are shorter than when you bought them, do you think that you have grown taller or that the pants shrunk?

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Is this the hill you want to die on?
A bullshit $25 item?
Your decision...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Did the item go to a "high-profile" employee? Big Grin

(There was a now ex member here a couple of years ago who complained about karmas "only going to 'high profile' members.")

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't pursue.

If it was stolen or "appropriated" it is their loss.

It's a disappointment, I wouldn't spite myself chasing this down.

I'd certainly inquire.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'll stand down but that is one more nail in the coffin for this place. I've seen it go from a fast growing and exciting startup to a place mired in bureaucracy at the expense of our customers. I make good money for what I do but chose not to a higher position due to how everything was going. It's depressing. I stuck with this so I could spend time with my daughter but she's going to pre K this fall so the job search starts now.

Thank you for the great advice and calming me down.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG4EVA,

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post