SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Officially becoming more bored with Samuel L. Jackson as he gets older....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Officially becoming more bored with Samuel L. Jackson as he gets older.... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Now he's upset that while the movie has a black guy, he's not really the right kind of black guy because he's not from the US.

Sam Please Roll Eyes

Samuel L. Jackson criticizes British actors playing African-Americans

It is a great movie, what a tool for trying to take away from it. Douche.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I just saw him in a movie ... Mrs Something House for Peculiar Children. He sports a very nice set of teeth.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
He sports a very nice set of teeth.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I like him as an actor, as a person I'd like to hit him with a bored.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stu1000rr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I like him as an actor, as a person I'd like to hit him with a bored.

Lmao what you did there......I sea it!! Wink

Posts: 265 | Location: Southwest Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It took me a while also. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He has always been an ass. Quite possibly those british actors hace this one card called talent in their hand, then make the pair with work ethic. A few might even get 3 of a kind by not being assholes.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Read his bio. There isn't much to like. Here's a snipet...

Jackson's early memories remained with him when he entered the historically black Morehouse College in Atlanta and became increasingly involved in the black-power movement. In 1969, his junior year, he protested the absence of blacks on the board of trustees by locking several board members in a building for two days, and was promptly expelled from the college.

Link

Just another loud mouth clown who plays dress up for a living who thinks his opinions somehow matter more than the rest of ours. Trust me Sam, they don't.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Sam has a Kanye moment...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
He has always been an ass.

No fan here either but if you need to type cast a hostile loudmouth, Sam's your guy. Wild-eyed asshole or dead-eyed asshole, your choice.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Good for eating meat. Bad when you bite your tongue while chewing gum.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Think it's a combination joke tying into his complaint about a British actor playing an African American, because British people have bad teeth.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Ooh yes, he does look British!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Well, was it an African-British actor playing an African-American or just a British actor...maybe that's the problem Sam is having? We can't be having any non hyphenated identifiers frontin' on a brother Roll Eyes

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
he's a racist asshole and he should leave the country like he said he would.

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Jackson's early memories remained with him when he entered the historically black Morehouse College in Atlanta and became increasingly involved in the black-power movement. In 1969, his junior year, he protested the absence of blacks on the board of trustees by locking several board members in a building for two days, with "Afternoon Delight"on the sound system at volume 10, and was promptly expelled from the college.
Smile

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought he said he was going to leave the country if Trump elected. What is he waiting for? Let's get the other Hollywood celebrities who threatened to leave out also.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Let's try this one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
1. I like Sam Jackson's movies... Generally. "Snakes on a Plane" was bullshit, but generally, I like his movies.

2. That is one of the stupidest comments I have ever heard.

3. He is an actor. One I enjoy, but still, an actor. I'll be goddamned if I ever give a shit what a Hollywood actor says about ANYTHING, with the exception of talking about movies...

He is certainly entitled to his opinion just like every other American citizen.

I'm also entitled to dismiss his opinion for whatever reason I want (mostly because he is a goddamn actor and I don't care what he thinks about anything expect movies).

So if he keeps making good movies, then I will keep watching them. If he wants to become irreverent and put his ideals out there unwarranted... then i won't.

Like the vast majority of Hollywood folk, he needs to get over himself.

You want to be an entertainer, then entertain and shut up.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
In the 90s, he rocked. Now he is overused and tired.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post