SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kate Steinle Murderer...Not Guilty
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kate Steinle Murderer...Not Guilty Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
When are we going to start taking the animals out and stacking them like cord wood?

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Sad and revolting beyond belief. Prayers to her family. I can't imagine what is going through their minds right now over this travesty of justice.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Fuck them all..."an unintentionally discharged firearm"...bullshit!...stuff like this makes me mad as hell...fuck them all Mad Mad Mad

My memory is getting old, but did that asshole simply walk up and shoot her in the head?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I can't imagine what is going through their minds right now over this travesty of justice.

I wouldn't even want to guess. One thing I'm pretty sure of though is that they won't be calling on people to "burn this bitch down." Referring to San Francisco of course.

I'm thinking it though. Mad

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I can't imagine what is going through their minds right now over this travesty of justice.

I wouldn't even want to guess. One thing I'm pretty sure of though is that they won't be calling on people to "burn this bitch down." Referring to San Francisco of course.

I'm thinking it though. Mad

I'll instant karma you the matches.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Fuck them all..."an unintentionally discharged firearm"...bullshit!...stuff like this makes me mad as hell...fuck them all Mad Mad Mad

My memory is getting old, but did that asshole simply walk up and shoot her in the head?

No.

I commend to all of you to avoid reaching firm, especially intemperate, conclusions about verdicts unless you have had the opportunity to see the evidence, hear the testimony, listen to the presentations of counsel. I have adopted this practice in my years of dealing with trial outcomes, and find it helpful in avoiding unjustified, mostly uninformed opinions which can prove embarrassing when the real details are known.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about this particular case (may the victim RIP despite the verdict here), but the fact that the guy who shot her was in this country at all, and free to roam at all, is itself a significant problem, and one that's a perfect example of how fucked up our border security and policies regarding illegal immigration are.

You all may recall, he had previously been deported FIVE times and has SEVEN prior felony convictions. And somehow we can't keep this guy off the streets?

What the actual fuck? This is much larger of a problem than SF's sanctuary city status.

Let's hope he's promptly run over by a steam roller, or worse.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

I commend to all of you to avoid reaching firm, especially intemperate, conclusions about verdicts unless you have had the opportunity to see the evidence, hear the testimony, listen to the presentations of counsel...

I hope you don't mind, though, if I start a petition to have San Francisco renamed to something more appropriate? The name "Hole In The Wall" comes to mind, at least until I can think of something that better characterizes that haven of criminals.

Anybody with me?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I commend to all of you to avoid reaching firm, especially intemperate, conclusions about verdicts unless you have had the opportunity to see the evidence, hear the testimony, listen to the presentations of counsel. I have adopted this practice in my years of dealing with trial outcomes, and find it helpful in avoiding unjustified, mostly uninformed opinions which can prove embarrassing when the real details are known.

Uh huh. Roll Eyes

Sorry, but not this time, JALLEN. I can believe that he didn't go out that day with the intention of killing someone, but for him--a previous multiple felon--to walk out of that courtroom today with zero punishment for killing an innocent woman is the very definition of injustice for that poor family.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
But at least the jurors aren't racist.

Posts: 3655 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Remember who this jury pool keeps electing by overwhelming majorities...

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sickening. Matt fucking Gonzalez...can't believe this shit-head reared his far-left head, now that his public profile has been reinvigorated, his renewed political career will also.

Kate Steinle's parents response
quote:
They also expressed frustration at the sanctimony and stubbornness of San Francisco politicians. In response to the outrage over Kate’s killing, the city modified its sanctuary policy only slightly, allowing notification of federal immigration authorities only when a person convicted of certain violent crimes is about to be released.

The trial was an ordeal for Kate’s parents. They had to hear what seemed like interminable monologues from public defender Matt Gonzalez. “That jury — God love ’em, God love ’em,” Liz said of their endurance of Gonzalez’s arguments, including his contention that the gun went off accidentally. “Just ridiculous stuff,” she added.

“I own a handgun,” Brad interjected. “I know that guns don’t just go off. But you have a jury full of people, the vast majority of which probably haven’t shot a gun before and don’t know the intricacies of how a gun works.”

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Uh huh. Roll Eyes

Sorry, but not this time, JALLEN. I can believe that he didn't go out that day with the intention of killing someone, but for him--a previous multiple felon--to walk out of that courtroom today with zero punishment for killing an innocent woman is the very definition of injustice for that poor family.

The only thing he got convicted of was Felony possession of a fire Arm... 2-5 years and he has been in jail for two years already.

Let's hope the Feds charge him with something.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No.

I commend to all of you to avoid reaching firm, especially intemperate, conclusions about verdicts unless you have had the opportunity to see the evidence, hear the testimony, listen to the presentations of counsel. I have adopted this practice in my years of dealing with trial outcomes, and find it helpful in avoiding unjustified, mostly uninformed opinions which

can prove embarrassing when the real details are known.

There you go again, inserting rationality.

Based on the three articles I read, I think the prosecutors over reached. Murder requires deliberate action. The articles I read said testimony showed she was hit by a ricochet.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No.

I commend to all of you to avoid reaching firm, especially intemperate, conclusions about verdicts unless you have had the opportunity to see the evidence, hear the testimony, listen to the presentations of counsel. I have adopted this practice in my years of dealing with trial outcomes, and find it helpful in avoiding unjustified, mostly uninformed opinions which

Based on the three articles I read, I think the prosecutors over reached. Murder requires deliberate action. The articles I read said testimony showed she was hit by a ricochet.

What about involuntary manslaughter? Maybe I'm confused about what that means. What should this piece of garbage been charged with then if not manslaughter? That's a serious question.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:

BULLSHIT JALLEN.

FACT: Defendant was a 5 time felon requested to be held by ICE and was released by Sancutary City SF.

FACT: THAT SPECIFIC EXACT GUN Killed Kate Steinle

FACT: THAT SPECIFIC EXACT GUN Was admitted by defendant to be in his possession immediately before it Killed Kate Steinle.

He was responsible for her death, period. It's in the facts of the case. Whether it's murder 1-13, manslaughter or whatever other legal term normal people don't really care, she died because of him and that gun in his possession. That he somehow got off for mere possession of an illegal weapon is an absolute travesty and for you to suggest anything else is quite frankly disgusting.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uh huh. Roll Eyes

Exactly. They won with a Twinkie defense.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No.

That's the answer right there. Whether he was here illegally or at the invitation of the president, his legality status has no bearing on the criminal nature of the shooting. Zero.

The evidence showed the bullet skipped off concrete and then hit her. There was no evidence that he was shooting at concrete to shoot people so there goes intent which is necessary for 1st or 2nd degree charges.

What's left? Voluntary or involuntary manslaughter. Pick one and it's not voluntary.

I don't think the prosecution charged him with that but I could be wrong since the murder was the big charge. He was in possession of a firearm so he's popped for that. Discharge of a firearm in the city I'm not sure about since he claimed he picked up a shirt and the gun was in it unknown to him.

He's still facing possible civil matters but that's not worth the paper it's printed on.

Unless the DA held back on some charges, he's walking having served his time with credit for time already served.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No.

What about involuntary manslaughter? Maybe I'm confused about what that means. What should this piece of garbage been charged with then if not manslaughter? That's a serious question.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/art...Steinle-12396509.php
quote:
Prosecutors gave the jury the option of convicting him of first-degree murder, second-degree murder or involuntary manslaughter. Jurors rejected all three.

First would've been overcharge, second would've been a stretch but, involuntary manslaughter should've been a slam-dunk. Somehow a ricochet and minimally educated policeman conducting an interrogation of a man with a 2nd grade education was enough for this jury to let him off the hook. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post